Lukas LK-7950WD (WiFi Duo) Ti/Sony IMX322 DUAL Channel (1080p Front and Rear) dashcam -Review

Thank you so much for posting those pictures.
Still not good enough... Oh well...
It has very nice features like WiFi that's so easy to use but if you compare the red rocks pictures against the other brand I posted, it seems not as detailed (although the other one is at higher resolution but still...).
I'll test more in different lighting conditions and see how it behaves.

I noticed this dashcam makes chime/chirping noise when going through bumps.
Looks like it's recording those as events/incidents. Will check if that's the case.
I have G-sensor at 4 (default is 3) and still it does that so looks like it's G-sensor is more sensitive than other dashcams.

Front video sample at 'High' video setting (Highest is one step up):

Rear video sample at 'High' video setting (Highest is one step up):

As you can see, it's pretty decent but sun glare is messing up the quality.
The rear cam needs CPL even more than the front due to the reflection of the area behind rear seats.

It looks like Lukas has this model in several version. With or without GPS and with OBD. Is the version without GPS will be considerably cheaper. Do you think GPS worth the extra cost? I'm trying to think of a situation when a GPS on a dashcam would be beneficial. Currently I have a livue without GPS.

It looks like Lukas has this model in several version. With or without GPS and with OBD. Is the version without GPS will be considerably cheaper. Do you think GPS worth the extra cost? I'm trying to think of a situation when a GPS on a dashcam would be beneficial. Currently I have a livue without GPS.

You don't have to have it but yes, it's useful.
If you check screenshots in the 1st page, you'll see it has date/time that synchronizes with GPS info, speed and even a trip distance from when the cam is started.

Looks like you were running 50 on a 35. ;) Is there any option to not show the speed on the video? Or maybe not showing the speed over certain number. I like the trip distance.

Looks like you were running 50 on a 35. ;) Is there any option to not show the speed on the video? Or maybe not showing the speed over certain number. I like the trip distance.

If you do 35 on a 35 here, you'll get rear ended plus GPS is not always accurate. :D

Yes, there is a setting to display speed or not:
GPS Speed Display (OSD): On or Off.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/screenshot_2015-03-16-21-16-35-png.11843/
screenshot_2015-03-16-21-16-35-png.11843

Last edited by a moderator:
Below are some Events (incident) video samples.
It saves 10 secs before and 20 secs after the incident and also puts out an audible chime when it happens as you can hear in the videos below.

This camera is very sensitive. I changed it to 4G from default 3G and still is sensitive.
I have to make it even higher.

Watch at highest available HD quality.
All incident chimes are at 10secs of each clip.
Front: Here, it's triggered by hard braking after a turn.
Rear:
As you can see, some drivers are stupid here, that is being nice but stupid.
There are cars trying to cross the intersection and getting stuck while the cars in front of me yield to the merging cars (seen above) that can wait without any problem. Being nice is good but not by holding several cars stuck in the intersection as seen in the rear view below. :confused:

Front: Here it's triggered by little bit uneven road going at some speed so there is some ups and downs.
Rear:

Front: Again, triggered by sharp turn with some wobble...
Rear:

BTW, this camera has the best audio quality so far among all of my dashcams.
Very clear, clean and loud with ability to change microphone sensitivity.
Nice!

Last edited:
Most, if not all, sample videos i have seen on youtube so far have purple tint to it. It's more visible on night videos. Is it normal and can the color be adjusted? I prefer more natural color.

Btw, thank you for taking the time to post the videos and pictures.

Most, if not all, sample videos i have seen on youtube so far have purple tint to it. It's more visible on night videos. Is it normal and can the color be adjusted? I prefer more natural color.

Btw, thank you for taking the time to post the videos and pictures.
I don't see much chromatic aberration in my videos of Lukas.

G90 videos have that in the corners almost always.

Last edited:
I don't see much chromatic aberration in my videos of Lukas.

G90 videos have that in the corners almost always.

I don''t mean chromatic aberration. Some videos seems to have purple tint covering the whole frame. Some videos (particularly nights) are more noticeable than others. Or is it my eyes? :)

Some sample videos I found on the tube with noticeable purple tint :

I don''t mean chromatic aberration. Some videos seems to have purple tint covering the whole frame. Some videos (particularly nights) are more noticeable than others. Or is it my eyes? :)

Some sample videos I found on the tube with noticeable purple tint :

It is your eyes. ;)
Those are @reverend 's videos.
The video doesn't have that much purple fringing as the thumbnail suggests.
The 1st video's purple tint maybe just the street lighting.
2nd video also is mostly good except at some dark areas and also when blinkers are on that has slightly purple tint but not too much.
Looks like it handles light reflection little different.
To tell you the truth, 1st video of the town is pretty good from what I expected.
I'll post night videos soon of dark, quiet streets. Haven't had chance to drive in town at night.

Last edited:
Ah sorry totally missed that - the colour tone may be due to my headlights as well as they're Osram Cool Blue Intense 5k xenon bulbs so slightly bluer than standard 4k / 4.3k xenon / HID lighting?

Could be.
Also noticed color change when blinkers are on. Maybe too sensitive and that's not a bad thing.
When I checked night videos from last night, it has blue tone in dark (outside direct headlight area) than purple.
It's very good when there is some light like from traffic lights.

Head Up ......Lukas firmware updates now out version V5.3.9 and new viewer dated yesterday.........Ipol

Head Up ......Lukas firmware updates now out version V5.3.9 and new viewer dated yesterday.........Ipol
Yes, saw the new version of viewer as of 22nd but haven't checked dashcam firmware yet.

Yes, saw the new version of viewer as of 22nd but haven't checked dashcam firmware yet.
Fi07 was released for the LK7950 yesterday as well mate :)

I couldn't decide whether to get this or Panorama X2. But now I'm really leaning toward getting this Lukas model. Panorama X2 seems to currently have too many bugs and problems. I hope not the case with Lukas 7950. I still wished it didn't have glossy body. Not a deal breaker though.

I figured out the sensitivity issue my dashcam was having.
I changed to 4G thinking that's more insensitive but it's the opposite.
1 is most insensitive so obviously 4G made it record incidents even on some bumps.
It's back down to 3G for now. ;)

Screenshot_2015-03-22-21-37-29.png

Back