Lukas LK-7950WD (WiFi Duo) Ti/Sony IMX322 DUAL Channel (1080p Front and Rear) dashcam -Review

I couldn't decide whether to get this or Panorama X2. But now I'm really leaning toward getting this Lukas model. Panorama X2 seems to currently have too many bugs and problems. I hope not the case with Lukas 7950. I still wished it didn't have glossy body. Not a deal breaker though.

Features wise I think this Lukas is better but not sure about video quality.
Never had Panorama so can't comment.

I couldn't decide whether to get this or Panorama X2. But now I'm really leaning toward getting this Lukas model. Panorama X2 seems to currently have too many bugs and problems. I hope not the case with Lukas 7950. I still wished it didn't have glossy body. Not a deal breaker though.
The X2 has better video quality than the Lukas if that is a priority?

So far I've had more bugs with the Lukas than the X2 but the X2 you have to be careful of card choice from how things are looking.

You don't have to have it but yes, it's useful.
If you check screenshots in the 1st page, you'll see it has date/time that synchronizes with GPS info, speed and even a trip distance from when the cam is started.

The X2 has better video quality than the Lukas if that is a priority?

So far I've had more bugs with the Lukas than the X2 but the X2 you have to be careful of card choice from how things are looking.

Ok now I'm confused. o_O Maybe I should wait a little longer before deciding. Hopefully soon most of the bugs will be ironed out.

Okay, here are the famously awaited night videos.
These are on streets with no lights at all to some lights and traffic lights.

As @c2meang mentioned, the purple fringing are shown in Youtube thumbnails of the videos but are NOT in the videos when you play it.
So something is messed up in how Youtube saves that still image from videos for thumbnails.

Video quality is very good specially when there is at least some light.
Also, I flipped the high beam off and on few times to see how much different it looks.

1st clip Front:

1st clip Rear:

**********************Watch in HD**********************
2nd clip Front:

2nd clip Rear: Even in pitch black, you can still see shape of trees. Impressive!

Last edited:
Okay, here are the famously awaited night videos.
These are on streets with no lights at all to some lights and traffic lights.

As @c2meang mentioned, the purple fringing are shown in Youtube thumbnails of the videos but are NOT in the videos when you play it.
So something is messed up in how Youtube saves that still image from videos for thumbnails.

Video quality is very good specially when there is at least some light.
Also, I flipped the high beam off and on few times to see how much different it looks.

1st clip Front:

1st clip Rear:

**********************Watch in HD**********************
2nd clip Front:

2nd clip Rear:

Those are pretty good videos considering hardly any lights on the street. Thank you for posting them. To be honest I don't really see much difference in quality compared to the X2. But this dashcam certainly has more features. I hope Lukas will consider increasing the bitrate for the next firmware update. The size and speed of recent SD and MicroSD cards can easily handle the increase bitrate.

Card can handle faster speeds, doesn't mean the camera can though

That is very true. I don't know if that is the case with this camera. I can't seems to find much info on the processor/s this camera uses. But for the price range I "assume" the hardware should be capable of at least 12-15mbps (or more).

Firmware upgraded.
It takes a long time to upgrade firmware on this, over the 2 and half minutes.
Once the fw is upgraded, it removes those files automatically which is nice.
I left the microSD card in the camera during update so no need to take it out.

Full size SD card contents after update:
After-Fi07-upgrade.jpg

Will see how the videos look tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dashcam mount and size comparison:
FRONT: Rexing F9, G90 7S, Lukas LK-7950WD with CPL filter
DSC01912-F9-G90-LK-7950WD.jpg
-->Nothing discrete about none of those, although G90 seems much smaller than others. :D

REAR: G1WH, Lukas LK-7950WD:
DSC01914-LK-7950WD-G1WH.jpg
Lukas rear camera is very small and discrete.

This maybe just the lighting but bit rate is slightly better after the upgrade:

LUKAS FW UPGRADE.png

Again, it maybe just the different day and lighting conditions but haven't seen bit rate as high as this.

Also, the file size is bigger, specially rear file. It hardly ever used to go above 100mb and now it's consistently over 115mb:

Lukas file size after fw upgrade.jpg

Last edited:
This maybe just the lighting but bit rate is slightly better after the upgrade:
I thought you were on high bitrate before mate which the clip from the 17th March was using and you're now using highest setting which is probably why the bitrate has increased in the video files :)

Yes, that could be.
It'd be helpful if they list what's new in the new version like they do in Google apps.

CPL filter works very good on this.
Here is a sample video with CPL filter:

You can compare the same place without CPL few days ago:
Pretty bad reflection without CPL:

Rear clip of the 1st video (no CPL available for rear):

CPL filter works very good on this.
Here is a sample video with CPL filter:

You can compare the same place without CPL few days ago:
Pretty bad reflection without CPL:

Rear clip of the 1st video (no CPL available for rear):

Which CPL did you use? Can I use any 37mm CPL?

Which CPL did you use? Can I use any 37mm CPL?

I used the one that came with the dashcam.
Lukas as seen here in this pic:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/dsc01818-jpg.11813/

dsc01818-jpg.11813

Any good brand should be okay to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very true. I don't know if that is the case with this camera. I can't seems to find much info on the processor/s this camera uses. But for the price range I "assume" the hardware should be capable of at least 12-15mbps (or more).

According to TI this processor should be able to handle higher bit rates:.

The Z3-DM8148-MOD is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) ready module based on the TMS320DM8148 DaVinci™ video processor from Texas Instruments™. The Z3-DM8148-MOD includes display and analytics capabilities and is suited for power-sensitive applications requiring H.264 video compression at up to 1080p60. The RPS kit features a production-ready module, a reference application board and software demonstration kit, along with the documentation needed to quickly evaluate the capabilities of the produc

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I just bought LK-7950WD (Type B).
Tested at the shop with updated firmware Fi07 the dashcam seems to work fine, however, there are issues that I would like to ask for help:

1. V-OUT: When I connected the dashcam V-OUT to a screen, only live video from front camera was shown. Is there any option that can switch V-OUT to show rear camera video?

2. Live view video thru Wifi: When using Lukas app in Android (Samsung Galaxy Notes 8), it showed only video from front camera regardless front or rear camera was selected. When using Lukas app in iphone, it was switchable between live view from front and rear cameras.

I really appreciate suggestion/solution for the issues.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sunny for your reply. Tested again and noticed:
  1. With my Galaxy Note 8.0. There are icons for front and rear halves at top-right corner. No matter which icon was touched, only front cam was shown.
  2. With my iphone 5s, there is one icon for the live view, when the video is being shown and screen is touched, there is icon to switch between front and rear camera and it worked fine; it even remembered the last chosen camera and would show video from that camera when live view was selected.
  3. Connection seems to be faster more stable with iphone 5s than that of Note 8.0.
  4. Lukas app on the iphone 5s allows screen rotation while the app on Note 8.0 doesn't.
  5. V-OUT function, I couldn't find any option in LUKAS Setting that allow to select video output from front or rear camera, only V-OUT from front camera as default.
  6. All the settings will be reset to factory setting (language, wifi id and password, etc.) once the dashcam is disconnected from power supply.
So I guess it's Lukas App (for Android) bugs for point No. 1; new version of Lukas App may address issues mentioned in points No. 3, 4; and new firmware may support V-OUT for the rear cam (point No. 5) should the hardware support it.

Thanks Sunny for your reply. Tested again and noticed:
  1. With my Galaxy Note 8.0. There are icons for front and rear halves at top-right corner. No matter which icon was touched, only front cam was shown.
  2. With my iphone 5s, there is one icon for the live view, when the video is being shown and screen is touched, there is icon to switch between front and rear camera and it worked fine; it even remembered the last chosen camera and would show video from that camera when live view was selected.
  3. Connection seems to be faster more stable with iphone 5s than that of Note 8.0.
  4. Lukas app on the iphone 5s allows screen rotation while the app on Note 8.0 doesn't.
  5. V-OUT function, I couldn't find any option in LUKAS Setting that allow to select video output from front or rear camera, only V-OUT from front camera as default.
  6. All the settings will be reset to factory setting (language, wifi id and password, etc.) once the dashcam is disconnected from power supply.
So I guess it's Lukas App (for Android) bugs for point No. 1; new version of Lukas App may address issues mentioned in points No. 3, 4; and new firmware may support V-OUT for the rear cam (point No. 5) should the hardware support it.

I don't think it's app bug as it works fine in my Note II with android version 4.3
Previous version of app also worked fine and this new version also works fine.
Maybe the android version on your note 8 is the issue. Do you have another android phone/tablet to try?

Not sure about v-out only working on front camera. Does that do from both iphone and android?

Back