Manually "Tag" Video while recording ?

Chris G.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a way to manually "tag" a video clip while recording ? For example, while commuting to work, there are many interesting things that are recorded by my Lukas 7900. I would like the ability to push a button to manually "tag" which 3 min-clip this event is stored in. This functionality would somehow put some marker (like a star or highlighted text) next to the video clip that the event is stored in; that way, I wouldn't have to sift through all the video clips to try to find the proverbial "needle in the haystack".

Thanks guys.

Hit the 'event' button. That'll give you a short 'eventvideo' clip of the incident, which will also give you the timestamp to look through the main videos to find the right one.

Hi

Unfortunately, 3 min video tag is not available for Lukas 7900. However, I think it is available for other Lukas products.
Please email us at cs@astrobile.com if you prefer other items.

Best regards,
Jason

Like cdlu said hitting the E button will get you a 1 minute clip in the Event Folder.

From the manual
-- Emergency Recolding(Manual recording): Even without any impact, if the emergency recording button is pressed, the image is saved in the Event Movie folder. The total recording time per file is 30 seconds before and after pressing the button.

I've never tried it so I don't know if there will be a break (like dropping a few frames) when it switches folders and then switches back.
When I work with video from the track I join all the 3 minute segments together and it's seamless. no jump or drop. Not even the slight jump you get when playing back segments with the viewer so there are no missing frames when it lays down a segment and starts recording the next one. I don't know, but suspect there might be when it switches folder. I guess you could try by moving the 1 minute segment from the Event folder to the normal folder and rename it to put it in the right sequence.

High Quick another method but not ideal would be to make a mental note of the approximate time and then refer to it when playing back the card in the viewer Not the best of solutions but just a thought. Just as long as the moments you wish to regard are not too numerous......:eek: regards Ipol

I've never tried it so I don't know if there will be a break (like dropping a few frames) when it switches folders and then switches back.

It doesn't switch. It puts it in the EventVideo as well as the AlwaysVideo folder, with the regular alwaysvideo continuing like nothing happened, except that it says 'event' instead of 'always' during the relevant period. No interruption.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sundash LK-7900 2
T LK-7900 7
randy LK-7900 4
M LK-7900 13
D LK-7900 14
Back