Memory Cards for SG9665GC ( 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 200GB )

The 200GB Sandisk Ultra card (black / red) sure does work well in the SG9665GC and I've had it running that way since December.

6330207_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

As you can see in the image below it gives almost 27 hours of recording time (which is bonkers) and it's been working fine in the camera since November 2015 (so at the six month mark now).

upload_2016-5-26_22-21-48.png

yeah I've been using this same card in mine for the past few months as well, hasn't skipped a beat

our new firmware will make life easier, when it detects an exFAT card and gives the error message it then goes straight to the format menu option

As always, already on the case.
Thanks!
Our original idea was to have a hotkey shortcut key to bypass the error and get to the menu but our engineer was able to automate the menu prompt instead which turned out to be a better solution overall

Our original idea was to have a hotkey shortcut key to bypass the error

HaHa! That is what I have tried. But all I got was engineering mode!:oops:[/QUOTE]

Hi guys have just replaced my cards with Sandisk Ultra 200gb.

They are working fine but the replaced cards, Lexar 64gb and PNY 128gb, can't have write protection removed.

Tried registry write protect fix, diskpart, SDFormatter Fat32 Format progs.

Also reformatted in camera.

Are the cards borked?

Try formatting cards exFAT in Windows then insert back into camera and reformat fat32 in the camera. That resets screwed up cards sometimes.

...the replaced cards, Lexar 64gb and PNY 128gb, can't have write protection removed....
How did they get write protected in the first place? I've been using PNY 32GB, 64GB and 128GB in multiple cameras and never had that happen. (Can't speak to Lexar cards as I haven't used them.)

How did they get write protected in the first place? I've been using PNY 32GB, 64GB and 128GB in multiple cameras and never had that happen. (Can't speak to Lexar cards as I haven't used them.)

No idea just been used as cards in SG cam....

No idea just been used as cards in SG cam....
Interesting. I didn't even know that PNY cards could go into 'read only' mode. (But then there's lot's of things I don't know.. :( )

Many different types of memory cards have a very basic "OS" (Oh, Sh*t) handler. Something Bad Happens, and so they kick themselves into RO mode. The idea is that you won't corrupt (or further corrupt) things if you can't write to the card, but at least you have a chance to read the card.

In some cases, a high level (operating system) format can fix the card, but often times only a low level format will do the trick (and many times even that won't actually fix anything.)

Many different types of memory cards have a very basic "OS" (Oh, Sh*t) handler. Something Bad Happens, and so they kick themselves into RO mode. The idea is that you won't corrupt (or further corrupt) things if you can't write to the card, but at least you have a chance to read the card....
Yep, I'm aware of that. Just didn't realize that PNY cards would do it.

Amazon just stood me up on the 128Gb Toshiba card i ordered :( so i got a refund and have dropped buying a new card right now.
After all when i really need later this year they will proberly be cheaper :)

There was no tracking on the card, so its lost in some postal dark hole.

Interesting. I didn't even know that PNY cards could go into 'read only' mode. (But then there's lot's of things I don't know.. :( )

depends on the controller, the Sandisk controller behaves this way, the challenge with some memory cards is you don't always know what hardware they use inside and it can change from batch to batch

128GB Toshiba Exceria U3 MicroSDXC (Made In Japan) can record 16h 27min before it starts overwriting.

SG9665GC FW: SG20160628.V2 ( v22 )

128 GB Toshiba MicroSD (2).JPG

128 GB Toshiba MicroSD (3).JPG

128 GB Toshiba MicroSD (4).JPG

128 GB Toshiba MicroSD (8).jpg

Have this Toshiba ( and cheap is is ) in my 9665GC, and it will stay there untill somthing more interesting pop up in my mailbox.

ATM its the cheapest 128Gb U3 card on Amazon.uk

Back