Memory Cards for SG9665GC ( 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 200GB )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Because there are "hundreds" of memory cards manufacturers, brands, models, types, vendors etc. out there, - not all memory cards can be suitable, or perform well in your dascham.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this thread please share your Memory Cards experience used in Street Guardian SG9665GC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I put to side by side bench-test few high capacity memory cards.
My set-up was: 4 x SG9665GC, each had different memory card ( listed below ), run for few days in a row randomly performing ON / OFF. All listed memory cards performed well within test period.
Results are below.

128GB Lexar 633x Micro SDXC
- Real Recording Capacity = 119GB
- Total Recording time = 17h 15min

128GB Toshiba Exceria Micro SDXC
- Real Recording Capacity = 115GB
- Total Recording time = 16h 45min

64GB Lexar 300x Micro SDXC

- Real Recording Capcity = 59.7GB
- Total Recording time = 8h 37min

64GB Toshiba Exceria Micro SDXC
- Real Recording Capacity = 57.6GB
- Total Recording time = 8h 9min

Lexar 633x 128GB Specs.jpg
Toshiba Exceria 128GB Specs.jpg
Lexar 300x 64GB Specs.jpg
Toshiba Exceria 64GB Specs.jpg

Test 2 complete results.jpg

Last edited:
PNY 128GB - Class 10

PNY 64GB - Class 10

Both work fine in 3 different GC's, V1 and V2.

Edit: Also Transcend 32GB - Class 10
Edit2: Forgot PNY 32GB - Class 10

Unfortunately for me @niko presented his information in a much prettier format than I did.

Last edited:
PNY 128GB - Class 10

PNY 64GB - Class 10

Both work fine in 3 different GC's, V1 and V2.

Edit: Also Transcent 32GB - Class 10

Unfortunately for me @niko presented his information in a much prettier format than I did.

You are fine. I was just practicing my "photoshop skills" ;)
Most important is to get simple straight forward feedback / experience in regards to difference memory cards used in SG9665GC

We ship Transcend 400x premium cards in all North America GC's

Here is the thread about the 200GB card:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...the-sg9665gc-with-in-camera-formatting.15448/

The red/grey SanDisk cards are not recommended for use in dashcam products (proprietary controller can trip up into read only mode after a while)
The black with red font 200GB SanDisk card seems to work good so far though.

the long term performance of the 200gb is still unknown, only been using a couple of months so far but they do look better than the old Sandisk cards

we are also working on firmware with an improved first format process for native exFAT cards as well

the long term performance of the 200gb is still unknown, only been using a couple of months so far but they do look better than the old Sandisk cards

we are also working on firmware with an improved first format process for native exFAT cards as well

200GB and "other" memory cards need constant monitoring and testing for sure, thats why I have opened this thread to monitor Memory Cards market vs compatibility with SG9665GC

Recently I got "promotional offer" from Patriot 200GB. In US about 78usd, In EU about 86Eur. I wonder how reliable it can be ?

200GB Patriot.jpg

Last edited:
I've had 3 days of meetings with engineers this week and the consistent feedback from each was Transcend were the preferred brand, one in particular said stay away from Adata as they were terrible, not a card I've ever tried myself but apparently they're a poor choice, all said stay away from the red/grey Sandisk U1 cards which we avoid also already anyway

I've had 3 days of meetings with engineers this week and the consistent feedback from each was Transcend were the preferred brand, one in particular said stay away from Adata as they were terrible, not a card I've ever tried myself but apparently they're a poor choice, all said stay away from the red/grey Sandisk U1 cards which we avoid also already anyway

Transcend has been been very loyal in my eyes for the past 2 years, Lexar for almost 1y.
"We" know about Sandisk U1 red/grey-saga and few Samsung cards, plus some reports coming in regards to ADATA being fussy.
Nevertheless I try to test other well known brands to see how they behave with dashcams.

if-you-dont-try-youll-never-know-effort-quote.jpg

I'm using Kingston 128GB in 1 cam, Samsung evo 128gb in 1 cam and a transcend 128gb in 1 cam and no issues with these, I have had 3 of them red/grey sandisk cards initially few years back and all have failed after a short time. so I never will be using a sandisk again.

the red grey ones are particularly problematic, I think some of their new stuff is better but still remains to be seen

the Transcend cards we use have error correction built in so a bad block or sector is not necessarily the death of the card like it is for Sandisk that set their cards to write protect mode when this happens

Just to add to the mix, I'm running five SG9665GC dashcams at the moment with Integral 128GB Class 10 cards from MyMemory in four of them and another one in my ION dashcam. The other GC has a Lexar 64GB Class 10.

I've had one hiccup with two of the Integral cards, the first may have been driver interference though and the second was due to suddenly cutting the power to the camera when I was playing with the hardwire kit and it corrupted the card but a format in the computer and then in camera fixed it. Both been working fine since then as have the other Integral cards.

The Lexar card has never had an issue.

Samsung EVO cards, both 32GB Class 6 and 64GB Class 10 gave me problems in the Mini 0805, 0806, 0826 and the SG9665GC.

SanDisk worked OK in my Mini 0801 but all subsequent cameras it had issues.

Also running a Samsung SSD drive in a mobile DVR x4 Camera setup and it's never failed.

Can get one of these cheap, will it work in a SG9665GC?
2000813125.jpeg

EDIT: awww sorry, i should have read first.

Bought it, put it in and....

Card error, card full.
Tried other cam, fine, pc fine. Tried again in the SG: card error and the card full. Pressing the menu button did not give me the menu.
Tried many times and finally got a menu to format. And now it seems to work.

Is there a simpler way? Should I create the directory myself? Should I set the label to volume1?

Card error, card full.
Tried other cam, fine, pc fine. Tried again in the SG: card error and the card full. Pressing the menu button did not give me the menu.

Is there a simpler way? Should I create the directory myself? Should I set the label to volume1?

You can try to format first time in your PC using Fat32 formatter tool:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1uoxmceff5tvo27/FAT32-Formatter.rar

After that you can format inside unit with no problem.

I used a windows 7 to format it in exfat, which it already was. But that still gave me the card error.

Card error, card full.

Next firmware will auto detect ExFAT cards and prompt to format FAT32 (will be much easier)

Until then you have to bypass the error and format using the following example.

I used a windows 7 to format it in exfat, which it already was. But that still gave me the card error.
It has to be FAT32.
I had the same error with the Lexar 633x I bought.
lexar.jpg
Inserting the unformatted card in the camera gave me the card full error, and locked me out of most of the camera menus. I think I had to press the MIC or REC button to get to the formatting option.

It has to be FAT32.
I had the same error with the Lexar 633x I bought.
View attachment 23350
Inserting the unformatted card in the camera gave me the card full error, and locked me out of most of the camera menus. I think I had to press the MIC or REC button to get to the formatting option.

Yeah, it will show "error" on the screen at the beginning for some period, then either it should show Menu, or you need to press repeatable REC or MIC button. It still no success, then easiest way is to do one time formatting in PC via Fat 32 Formatter tool:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1uoxmceff5tvo27/FAT32-Formatter.rar

after that you will be able always to format inside daschamera.

Back