Micro SD cards thread

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
A new member here but you all helped me make a good choice with the G1W-c, thank you!

The reason I wanted to start this thread is that while finding info on the cam was easy, finding card info was not. It is here, but it is scattered among many posts in numerous threads. I would like everyone to post what they have experienced with specific cards so that other newbies might have an idea of what they should expect. Please list specific cards and explain any problems you've had as well as cards which work flawlessly with the G1W series of camera.

"Black Box" brand G1W-H using PNY 32 GB Class 10 cards with no problems.

I picked up a Samsung PRO Micro SDHC UHS-1 Class 10 card locally to try with my new G1Wc from Spytec. Files are readable and none corrupted yet in the 2 weeks I've been using my cam, but I am experiencing irregular and frequent momentary 'stutters' when recording, even when parked. I have ordered a pair of the recommended Transcend 32GB cards and will post here again when I've tried them. If they solve my problem I am going to try a 64GB version as I an not really happy with the run-time the smaller cards give. I have only full-time hot cigarette lighter plugs and I sometimes forget to unplug the cam so a larger card will keep the morning's files from being over-written.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a 32GB AData Class 10 microSDHC in my G1W-C. Appears to be working flawlessly model # AUSDH32GUICL10-RA1

I just got around to trying the recommended Transcend 32GB Clasas 10 UHS-1 card and the video is still jittery when viewed on the VLC player, so I guess it is NOT a card problem. Therefore I would recommend this card and the Samsung card I listed at the top of this thread

tried different playback software?
Not yet- that's next on the list. The viewscreen doesn't 'jitter' so I'm thinking the cam part is OK. So it's either the VLC player or in the data transfer from cam to card.

always copy the file to computer first for best results, USB is a bottleneck for high bitrate video

if it's a Windows PC you'll often find Windows Media Player will give smoother playback than VLC

Thanks jokiin, Windows Media Player did the trick. I saw VLC recommended here and had used it for other vid work without a problem on other PC's which is why I thought it might be a card issue.

It looks like I've got some extra cards looking for new dashcams now!

always copy the file to computer first for best results, USB is a bottleneck for high bitrate video

if it's a Windows PC you'll often find Windows Media Player will give smoother playback than VLC
Well, for me it was the other way around. All my computers have Win7 Pro Sp1 and I found it quite impossible to play the MOV files on the "recommended" QuickTime player without lots of stuttering and WMP didn't perform any better.
I solved the problem with VLC. Not only it plays the files without any sort of stuttering but also doesn't stress the CPU cores as much as the other two.

I never recommend QuickTime player
I wasn't referring to QT as being recommended by people. The MOV format was created by Apple, so it's only natural that the native player would be QT, much like the WMV or AVI formats are for WMP.

I wasn't referring to QT as being recommended by people. The MOV format was created by Apple, so it's only natural that the native player would be QT, much like the WMV or AVI formats are for WMP.
The .MOV is (arguably) more of a container than a format. The .MOV extension is based on the industry standard .MP4 format. In fact, if you take a .MOV file and rename it to .MP4, it will play. :cool:

The .MOV is (arguably) more of a container than a format. The .MOV extension is based on the industry standard .MP4 format. In fact, if you take a .MOV file and rename it to .MP4, it will play. :cool:
If you take into consideration that English is not my native language, you'll understand that I didn't use the word "format" in that sense. ;):)

Well, back to the topic. Both my G1W and G1W-H came in a similar box, with the same "instruction manual" and the same leaflet where the manufacturer stated that for better results an original Class 10 32GB Kingston card was advisable. So I bought one and I've been using it since February, first on the G1W and now on the G1W-H. I also have an older Class 8 32GB SanDisk that I used only once on the H model. Never had any problems with any of them.

I'm using a Sandisk ultra 32 gb class 10 with no problems.

EDIT: after a month or so I started getting a Memory Error message, changed to a Sumsung 32gb class 10. Seems to record fine but I don't get the shut down goodbye screen or the tune it used to play when powering off.

Last edited:
My Scandisk Class 10 32 MB Ultra SDHC arrived today and I put it in my G1w-c and formatted it. Worked like a charm. Records just fine. Bought it from Maracana.CA off Amazon.ca for 19.59 Canadian. Great seller and product. ( so far ) Will advise if I have any problems down the road.

Back