Micron 128-256GB Surveillance microSD Cards - Affordable, Coming Soon?

AndrewL

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just saw a press release of Micron's industrial grade card lines. $59 for 128GB and $119 for 256GB cards with 3 years endurance, 24X7 at 8MBPS. Uses 64 layer 3D TLC NAND with special firmware designed for continuous video recording. Says there's general availability on the market now.

I'm quite excited but I haven't been able to find it being sold anywhere else. Is this the only high-endurance, high-capacity cards on the market that's affordable today?

Last edited:
Great price as the only other high endurance card I’ve seen in 128gb capacity is twice as much. Viofo said they’re working on 256gb support in a future firmware upgrade for at least the A119 Pro so I’ll be keeping an eye out for these.

Dang, good catch, too good to be true! Oh well, maybe SanDisk will add a 128gb option soon to their existing lineup. Certainly there is a demand for them...
Look into the PNY brand. I've been using them for years with no problems. (And they do not exclude dash cam use for warranty.)

I see the max bitrate allowed by their cards to be 8mbps which is too low for dashcams. On another page we can insert max 8 mbps: https://www.micron.com/solutions/video-surveillance?nomobile=true
enjoy,
Mtz

I think that's only a calculator based off the average bitrates in the surveillance industry. I'm not seeing that it's limited to 8mbps and it's a class 10 rated card.

Look into the PNY brand. I've been using them for years with no problems. (And they do not exclude dash cam use for warranty.)

I've heard a lot of good things about their warranty and good reports about the SD Cards. I'm just concerned that it's all TLC non-3D NAND which has less durability and no mention of error correction codes.

I think that's only a calculator based off the average bitrates in the surveillance industry. I'm not seeing that it's limited to 8mbps and it's a class 10 rated card.

I've heard a lot of good things about their warranty and good reports about the SD Cards. I'm just concerned that it's all TLC non-3D NAND which has less durability and no mention of error correction codes.

There's no way it's limited to 8mbps, that's just what they tested at because it's a typical surveillance video data rate

Back