Mini 0803 coming

I don't know who they buy off but the new PCB production starts on 4th of May, if they're telling you availability is after the 6th then quite possible they're talking about the updated version, obviously being local they'll be able to get them soon after production happens

Thanks again Jokiin - I'll ask them to confirm.

If the new one has an 8GB internal memory, does that mean you can plug in a 32GB card & use all 40GB of memory?

If the new one has an 8GB internal memory, does that mean you can plug in a 32GB card & use all 40GB of memory?

I'm not sure as I don't have one of the 0801. Maybe jokiin can answer that.
If its like my other camera, you choose where to record and it uses that only.
However on the 0801 the internal memory used a mini SD card and you could upgrade the internal 8GB to 32 GB by just replacing the internal SD card with no firmware changes needed - hope the 0803 is the same ;)

I don't know who they buy off but the new PCB production starts on 4th of May, if they're telling you availability is after the 6th then quite possible they're talking about the updated version, obviously being local they'll be able to get them soon after production happens
@jokiin , you are an absolute star!! I have just asked FoxOffer not to send me one of the 'limited number' they currently have in stock. Your knowledge of where the manufacturer is at with Mini 0803 production is incredibly helpful.:)

Last edited:

it would need firmware support to do it, it's technically possible although I don't expect it's something they'd add in the firmware anytime soon, I guess if one of the larger buyers asked for this it could happen

Real custom firmwares will be hard without the A7SDK.
And i think it will be almost impossible to get it (A7 SDK).

Real custom firmwares will be hard without the A7SDK.
And i think it will be almost impossible to get it (A7 SDK).

So it'll only be possible to change sounds and screen logos like those in the 0801 mods?

So it'll only be possible to change sounds and screen logos like those in the 0801 mods?
IDA is helpful for modding it, too. But I don't have enough ARM knowledge to add features like those storage ideas (8+32=40), yet.

you can get it if you purchase 30,000 chipsets ;)
Seems like I have to buy a few chipsets this weekend :D

No queue jumping allowed, get in line!:p
Like you, I've just asked Foxoffer not to send me one of the 0803 'limited numbers' they currectly have in stock.
I hope it is not too late...
Better wait for the new PCB I think.

Slightly off topic, but I was considering buying a 'trail camera' for wildlife in the back garden.
Seeing the quality of the low light video it seems to me that the 0803 might serve as a night time camera if a suitable rig was made.

What I am thinking is that I could create a weatherproof 'box' for outside. The box has a glass front and in it is a connector block, a 240v to 5 volt reducing transformer and a mount for the 0803.
Outside the box is an IR motion detector and a light.

I then transfer the 0803 from the car to the 'box' when we are at home.

Idea is that when the motion detector is triggered it switches on the light to illuminate the garden (lights turning on do not seem to bother night-time garden wildlife such as deer, hedgehogs, badgers, foxes etc), and also switches on supply to the 0803 which starts recording.
As long as there is motion the detector will supply power to the 0803, but as soon as the non-movement time-out occurs in the detector, the power to the light and 0803 is switched off and the 0803 stops recording.

Unless there is something about the 0803 that would be a problem with this setup, all I need to know is what the power requirements are so I could search out the correct 240v reducing transformer.

Like you, I've just asked Foxoffer not to send me one of the 0803 'limited numbers' they currectly have in stock.
I hope it is not too late...
Better wait for the new PCB I think.

Just did the same here. But they never said they actually had them in stock, only they expected to have them about now. We'll see what they answer.

Just did the same here. But they never said they actually had them in stock, only they expected to have them about now. We'll see what they answer.

They e-mailed me the other day (Monday I think) to say they were getting a delivery on Wednesday (today) and to order quick as they are closed after tomorrow for a few days holiday.
- jokiin is saying the production units aren't available until the 4th so maybe they didn't arrive

Back