Mini 0803 coming

Thanks jokiin. Another reason may be that that firmware file is corrupt. I get the black update screen, choose yes and then the update fails. Do you have another version that I could try, or perhaps the final version (if it exisits) that current models are shipping with?

That is the most recent version, I'll message you a different link shortly, just away from my desk right now

Today I have a problem with another device which has a built in re-chargeable battery which no longer charges after only 2 years use and is impossible to get replacements for.

This leads me to ask if anyone knows
- does the 0801/3 use a generic battery with performance history or is it new and specific to the unit
- is the battery fitted to the main-board with solder or with a plug (like the mobius)
- are spare batteries available and if so at what cost
- how difficult is it likely to be to open the case and replace the battery.

I realise that the battery will probably not last if used for recording, but it is necessary, I assume, to have it fully charged in order to retain the settings when the unit is powered off , and if used daily will be on charge for a good amount of time daily - and most batteries suffer much shorter lives if kept on charge for long periods.

Don't know about your defective model, but the 0801/0803 are both cheap throw away cameras that are not meant to be repaired. They can be repaired, but not worth the trouble. Don't put them in the trash for the landfill, as they are electronic waste and need to be recycled at a suitable recycling facility.

The newer chargers don't overcharge the batteries, so the battery and camera should last several years.

I think it is not hard to replace the battery, if the 0803 looks like the 0801 inside.
The problem shoud be : is it possible to open the case of the 0801/0803 without detroying it ?

Mini-0801-Disassembled-2.jpg

Kelvin, what firmware ships with your cameras? Do you have the firmware.bin file you can post?

Our Mini 0803 ships with 20140416 Ver. 1. Our supplier is on holidays right now, but they will send us the newest firmware on May 4. If needed though, we can update it to the latest version for our customers before shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks jokiin. Another reason may be that that firmware file is corrupt. I get the black update screen, choose yes and then the update fails. Do you have another version that I could try, or perhaps the final version (if it exisits) that current models are shipping with?
Hi,
I just checked the file and it seems to be ok. But thanks for remembering me to add a checksum to the download files to verify it after download.

You already got it working?

The version jokiin sent me worked where as the one on your site @tobias did not. Unsure why. The v3 firmware does limit resolution to 1080p as reported. I have yet to compare footage to see if the IQ is improved.

Thanks for maintaining the firmware repo.

I think it is not hard to replace the battery, if the 0803 looks like the 0801 inside.
The problem shoud be : is it possible to open the case of the 0801/0803 without detroying it ?
The battery in 0803 is weaker than 0801, perhaps even by 50% weaker or it is drained faster when turned off. Taking case apart is very simple. Battery replacement is possible although you need pretty fine tip soldering gun to attach new one to PCB.

Last edited:
The version jokiin sent me worked where as the one on your site @tobias did not.
Problem has been found. I forgot to disable the script timeout and therefore the download stopped after 300sec execution time. Fixed this and @David Pincus is testing it right now.

I received an email response from Foxoffer about which version they will send out:

Actually the manufacture produces 1000 pcs for pre-production, the quality is trustable, the version we have in stock have the latest firmware 0429.
We will ship the version that produced after 4th May, we will get it on 6th May or later.
Thanks.

best regards,
FoxOffer Support Team #1

:)

I see Fox have updated their 0803 product page with extras, but still no price for the internal memory version (which hopefully will come out after 6th too).

Does anyone has link for latest 0803 firmware 0429?

BTW, when I loaded 20140424 FW. I could choose External/Internal card in setup menu. Does it mean my 0803 has internal slot?

Last edited:
Still waiting for my unit to arrive from E-PRANCE but after the advice given by jokiin think the first to be done now is check what version of fware the cam has been shipped with.

Mini 0803 memory.

10 secs @ 720p = 20mb
10 secs @ 1080p=20mb
10 secs @ 1296p =40mb

Mini 0803 memory.

10 secs @ 720p = 20mb
10 secs @ 1080p=20mb
10 secs @ 1296p =40mb

So 4.5 hrs of 720p/1080p and 2.25 hrs of 1296p on a 32gb card.
I was hoping that 720p might take less space and the card would record for longer.

Yeah, I'm getting just over 2 hours @ 1080p before my 16gb card is full.

does seem strange that 720 and 1080 use the same amount of memory.

Would you know if the 0803 runs hotter in 1296p than in 1080p?
Only just got my pc to playback in 1296p so have not tried a long run in 1296p

The 0803 I have ordered had 8gb of internal memory can also add SD card memory to expand this to a total of 32gb ?

Back