Mini 0803 coming

I was about to buy the 0801 cam, when I came on this forum and found out about the new version. thanks for all the informations you are providing. I can't wait until this tiny cam is out on sale.
do you guys know if foxoffer will be a reseller?
Foxoffer will resell it soon.

everyone is waiting for it but it still has some bugs at the moment which is holding things up
that's because it has been announced to come out in march, but it's almost april...better to be well done that to release it and be crap or worse, to have to return it.

today will told on ebay

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-1_10-49-16.jpeg
    upload_2014-4-1_10-49-16.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 26
I am interested in developing for this cam. But keep in mind I'm not a dashcam software developer, I have to wait for the release of the cam as you have to.
+ If it's release will take a few more month I can't afford it because I attend a university after my apprenticeship :p

If that's the case. I'll gladly donate some money to go towards your new camera.
I'm sure many others will follow as well, you spent so much time hacking this current camera. and then afterwards you had hordes of mini 0801 owners asking you to make them their own custom firmwares and you made each one of those out of your own free time. It's the least that many of us can do.

I wouldn't buy one today, the issues have still not been resolved

Jokiin, will you be selling them? Please let me know when "you" think they are ready to buy and "where" you would buy one. I got my current 801 from aliexpress and it worked great for a while on the class 10 card but then I put in a samsung class 6 card (recommended) and now I seem to get the IO Card Error more often than not. But again, I love the size and options of the camera, it is hidden behind my review mirror.

Thanks,

they are close to being ready, Ambarella has been working on this problem directly with the factory and may have identified the issue yesterday, you'll see them out fairly quickly once it's all confirmed

the IO error doesn't happen on the A7 version and no issues with Class10 cards

WILL YOU GUYS WAHT TO HAVE A TRY? https://www.ebay.com/itm/121311263220
Would love to but it seems that they just adressed the issue with the firmware and a fix is at w0rk but not done, yet. Will wait till everything is ok (and maybe till someone form Europe is selling it):p
they are close to being ready, Ambarella has been working on this problem directly with the factory and may have identified the issue yesterday, you'll see them out fairly quickly once it's all confirmed
the IO error doesn't happen on the A7 version and no issues with Class10 cards

I when i compared the spec sheet in the first post with the ebay link above, it appears the ebay link has a micro usb port compared with a mini usb port shown in the spec sheet and the mini 0801.
Here is the picture they have which appears to be a micro usb port:

ebay_zpsef57ebf0.jpg

And now look at the 0801 mini, mini usb port:
mini0801%20-%20inside%20box.jpg

So does the real 0803 use a micro or mini usb port?

Yes, you are right:), mini 0803 use the Micro USB port, it is different appearance from the mini 0801. I tink the more important thing is the HD 1296P and Ambarella A7LA50D Chip

Yes, you are right:), mini 0803 use the Micro USB port, it is different appearance from the mini 0801. I tink the more important thing is the HD 1296P and Ambarella A7LA50D Chip

yes, real 0803, the factury begin to produce, and we get little inventory now, .

Hey Demi! Glad to see you're active in the forums again.

I bought my original Mini 0801 from Demi at ebay e-prance 6 months ago. Demi was always quick to get answers from the factory for firmware updates etc. While I eventually gave up on the 0801, hopefully the 0803 redeems itself. I always loved the mini 080x small form factor having the GPS built into the base. I might just have to give one a try when I hear more good things.

Back