Mini 0803 coming

So why we hold selling 0803 camera due to the bugs. wish it will release soon.

yep and appreciate that you are a good seller and not trying to push the product before it's fixed, the sellers that are trying to put it out before it's ready are not doing anyone any favours

Yes, you are right:), mini 0803 use the Micro USB port, it is different appearance from the mini 0801. I tink the more important thing is the HD 1296P and Ambarella A7LA50D Chip

Can you give justified answer regarding going from mini- to micro usb in 0803?

Can you give justified answer regarding going from mini- to micro usb in 0803?

It's available in mini or micro although it's expected that most factories will order the micro version, there is no cost difference

No card error problems with the 0803, will work on the 0801 base as well
Your reply to bruce rechichar implies that the 0801 firmware error was never resolved but has been in the 0803. I gave up on the 0801 because of card write errors and have been occasionally looking into the forum to learn if any new fix had been distributed. I find it incredible if, having bought this unit last year, I still do not have a 'fit for purpose' product.

Edit:
I've just seen the post from Raymon Chan - maybe I should have checked further before sounding off - I'll download the new firmware and check - sorry.

I think you misunderstood, the 0801 had this problem for a long time before it was sorted, the 0803 is a different platform and has never had this I/O error

I think you misunderstood, the 0801 had this problem for a long time before it was sorted, the 0803 is a different platform and has never had this I/O error
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I went off half-****ed, my apologies. This thread was the first I read after two weeks and was so frustrated with the product that I jumped to the conclusion that the 0803 had been developed properly and that its predecessor, the 0801, had been left with an outstanding firmware error.

I have just downloaded version 20140308 and upgraded. My fingers are crossed.

How many fps @ 1080p please ? 30 or 60 ?

Thanks.
Do you know any dashcam that can do this ?

The spec sheet on the first post mentioned the lane departure warning system. That's a nice touch.

Does anyone know yet if the 0803 can be plugged into my existing (0801) GPS block, or will I have to scrape the one I received with the 0801 off of the windshield? I partly ask because the block I have now uses the mini-USB connection that I have hard-wired to the car for power. I'd rather not have to replace that power source as well as the 0801 GPS block.

I just met @Rayman.Chan & got to see the Mini 0803 at the China Global Sources Trade Show in Hong Kong today. It was fun randomly running into him after all these months of mini 0801/0803 talk, very nice guy. I also got to see some new concept/prototype models on the way too. (very interesting)

qw2cfcnl.jpg

Jazjon Its been a few decades since I was your age...lol, sounds like you had a great time....nice one.

I hope they use a decent BLACK adhesive pad on the replacement 0803 camera, though we all want a discreet camera, I do feel that the o801 base has just barely sufficient adhesive pad area to hold the camera's weight, as Ive had to re-secure my camera's a few times using new adhesive pads. In fact, Ive now glued the bases to a flat piece of black plastic which effectively doubles the adhesive pad area, and since re-mounting them none have fallen of the screen since, and even with this larger pad area it still pretty discreet from outside the car.
Just something manufactures might keep in mind.

Hi it would be possible to use 64 GB card on mini0803?

Well, after returning 2 defective mini 0801's, from 2 different sellers, I ordered an 0803 yesterday. Wish me luck! Maybe it will actually have all the features functional?

Back