Mini 0803 coming

20140611 ??
We already are 2014/07/03 !!!

Why no information about new firmware release ?

@Rayman.Chan is sleeping ? :confused:

Last edited:
I've not been on this forum for ages (because I used to spend far too much time on it). The last time I was on here was in January, when I was waiting for the replacement for the 0801 to be launched.

Please pardon me because this has probably been covered before, but may I ask 2 questions:

1. Is it pointless buying an 0803 right now due to firmware problems? If not, would someone please advise me which firmware I need (I intend to buy the 0803 with GPS but no internal 8Gb slot).
  2. Is there any major advantage in buying the version with the internal 8Gb memory slot? If there is, I can't see it - providing you don't take your micro SD card out and then forget to put it back in. I can't see the advantage between having an internal SD card and a spare SD card for the external slot. Maybe I am missing something here.
Thanks very much

I've not been on this forum for ages (because I used to spend far too much time on it). The last time I was on here was in January, when I was waiting for the replacement for the 0801 to be launched.

Please pardon me because this has probably been covered before, but may I ask 2 questions:

1. Is it pointless buying an 0803 right now due to firmware problems? If not, would someone please advise me which firmware I need (I intend to buy the 0803 with GPS but no internal 8Gb slot).
  2. Is there any major advantage in buying the version with the internal 8Gb memory slot? If there is, I can't see it - providing you don't take your micro SD card out and then forget to put it back in. I can't see the advantage between having an internal SD card and a spare SD card for the external slot. Maybe I am missing something here.
Thanks very much

I'm certainly confused.

What I've learned so far is that;

1. The 0803 is better than the 0801, particularly at night, and I like it.
(That said, I don't use the highest resolution, since I find 1080p is still sharper for number plates)
2. There seem to be multiple factories producing the 0803, with different components (like lenses)
3. There are multiple resellers, E-prance, Foxoffer, etc etc, and its not even clear if these are using single or multiple factory sources.
4. I have no way of knowing if the firmware is interchangeable between the different types, but reading recent accounts it seems that they might be factory (or even reseller) specific.
5. The firmware on mine is 20140507, and have no idea if upgrading would brick it or not.
6. My model is e-Prance with 8GB onboard + 32 external and GPS. I bought this model because Amazon UK could fulfill and if needed I can return it to them for support (I hope).
7. I can't see much use for the onboard memory. It was only of any use when I'd removed the SD card and forgotten to replace it. It automatically recorded on the internal memory instead.
finally,
8. For the price, its a bargain.

8GB internal memory will not give you much time recording.
So, in my opinion it is useless.
16GB will probably OK if you don't drive too much, but the minimum is 32MB if you drive for work.

The most interesting internal memory 0803 version would be a 32GB, but does not exists.

So, better buy external memory version and put the card you want ;)

The advantage is that you can take the card away and put it in a card reader, and connect with OTG cable to your smartphone ;)

Anyone recommend a micro SD card which they have had running constant with no lock ups. Tired of playing the SD card lottery now

Mine is a Kington card (32GB class 6).
One lockup so far, but I don't think it had anything to do with the card.
The lockup occurred when I powered down the 0803 and then powered it up again only a few seconds later.
More likely some bug in the firmware.

Sandisk and Transcend 32GB works find.

The only issue I've had was with Sandisk 64GB.
I've reverted to 32GB for more reliability (that's what I ask to my dasmcams)

Sandisk and Transcend 32GB works find.

The only issue I've had was with Sandisk 64GB.
I've reverted to 32GB for more reliability (that's what I ask to my dasmcams)

class 10 or class 6?

My finding so far using 2 different 0803
is internal memory gives no issues
Class 10 very hot and lock ups
Class 6 a lot cooler but stops recording after a few weeks.
Have tried with G sensors switched off but same results

Kingston class 10 16gb too hot and locks up
Ultimo class 6 16gb runs very cool but needs reformatting after about 3 weeks of useage if you don't it just stops recognising SD card

Hence the reason why I ask for other users tried and long tested over written cards experiences

I've got 32GB Samsung Plus Class 10 UHS-I, Seems fine so far, will report any issues.

I've only class 10 cards

For those who are still wandering whether they need internal memory or nor: this really depends on the laws of your country. In my country, in case of car accident, one has to provide the recorded clip on a physical storage as evidence, so that police officer applies it to the case. Therefore, it makes sense to take another copy of the video with accident. If you always have a laptop or other device to copy video from SD card - then internal memory does not matter that much.
For me it's super useful that I can copy the video to internal memory on the dashcam itself, and give SD card to the police.

A question to @billknow : I have received my 0803 from FoxOffer, and I'm happy with it so far. I have also ordered a Mini 0803 Car Camera Hardwire Kit . On the picture it has a straight microSD connector, but the one I've received has a right-angled one. Now when I connect it to the dashcam mount, the wire is directed to the ****pit. This seems to be a construction mistake, because as I understand, if I want a hardwire cable, I want to hide it permanently under the roof - and for mini 0803 I'd need a left-angled connector, or at least a straight one. I hope the picture below helps to understand what I mean.
Free-shipping-font-b-Left-b-font-Right-font-b-angled-b-font-Micro-font-b.jpg

I don't know why people are using this unit with the Mini 0803 as that's designed for a perm live for CCTV use that switches off if the battery goes low, obviously will work with IGN +12v but overly complicated and bulky.

The Ojocam kit looks a better option and cheaper, but I also need to know what angle the Microusb is as I want the cable pointing to the roof
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00LGH487C

A question to @billknow : I have received my 0803 from FoxOffer, and I'm happy with it so far. I have also ordered a Mini 0803 Car Camera Hardwire Kit . On the picture it has a straight microSD connector, but the one I've received has a right-angled one. Now when I connect it to the dashcam mount, the wire is directed to the ****pit. This seems to be a construction mistake, because as I understand, if I want a hardwire cable, I want to hide it permanently under the roof - and for mini 0803 I'd need a left-angled connector, or at least a straight one. I hope the picture below helps to understand what I mean.
View attachment 6012

Back