Mini 0803 coming

I've not been on this forum for ages (because I used to spend far too much time on it). The last time I was on here was in January, when I was waiting for the replacement for the 0801 to be launched.

Please pardon me because this has probably been covered before, but may I ask 2 questions:

1. Is it pointless buying an 0803 right now due to firmware problems? If not, would someone please advise me which firmware I need (I intend to buy the 0803 with GPS but no internal 8Gb slot).
  2. Is there any major advantage in buying the version with the internal 8Gb memory slot? If there is, I can't see it - providing you don't take your micro SD card out and then forget to put it back in. I can't see the advantage between having an internal SD card and a spare SD card for the external slot. Maybe I am missing something here.
Thanks very much

The Mini 0803, like the one we sell, is definitely a great upgrade from the Mini 0801 due to do the better night video quality.

Although you will see that there are bugs with the Mini 0803 at this moment, it is still very usable on a consistent basis. Also, with the amount of support and popularity of this dash cam, those problems will for sure be shortly fixed. Many people are very happy with their Mini 0803 purchase.

Kelvin

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini 0803 is coming.
(Ambarella A7 chip, WDR, LDWS, 1296P 30fps, GPS)
finished the 1st public release firmware V1.0 on Mar.18.

please download the specification from:
http://spec.megcn.com/X34 (mini 0803) spec.pdf

details images below:
(please be noticed mini 0803 share the Mini 0801 housing so the "1080P" silk screen was not updated on the sample)

View attachment 4391 View attachment 4392 View attachment 4393 View attachment 4394 View attachment 4395 View attachment 4396 View attachment 4397 View attachment 4398 View attachment 4399 View attachment 4400

E-PRANCE l Mini 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Full HD 1296P defect unit

E-PRANCE l Mini 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Full HD 1296P defect unit

@Sob780 - Please can you delete your Posts Nos. 1023 & 1024?

Some questions/comments:-
  • Does it do this all the time? Most faults like this are intermittent & due to brief power supply interruption.
  • How long have you had it for? If you are unhappy with it, have you contacted E-Prance for help or a refund...
  • What FW are you using? FW versions 20140510 V1.o (GPS & 1 memory card) & 20140507 V1.o (GPS & 2 cards - i.e., internal memory version) seem to be most stable. Please be aware that the most 'recent' FW 20140611 V1.o seems to have caused some Mini 0803 to 'brick' (not work at all) when people have tried upgrading to it!:(
  • Is your microSD card 32 GB or less? If so, have you tried reformatting it using the 'format' function on the Mini 0803...
Hope that some or one of the above helps!;)

fyi I received a 0803 (with 8GB internal) last week from FoxOffer, and the firmware was 20140611 V1.o.

Microphone mute bug looks like it still exists on this version.

@Sob780 - Please can you delete your Posts Nos. 1023 & 1024?

Some questions/comments:-
  • Does it do this all the time? Most faults like this are intermittent & due to brief power supply interruption.
  • How long have you had it for? If you are unhappy with it, have you contacted E-Prance for help or a refund...
  • What FW are you using? FW versions 20140510 V1.o (GPS & 1 memory card) & 20140507 V1.o (GPS & 2 cards - i.e., internal memory version) seem to be most stable. Please be aware that the most 'recent' FW 20140611 V1.o seems to have caused some Mini 0803 to 'brick' (not work at all) when people have tried upgrading to it!:(
  • Is your microSD card 32 GB or less? If so, have you tried reformatting it using the 'format' function on the Mini 0803...
Hope that some or one of the above helps!;)

I've had no problems with the new firmware 20140611 V1.o, changed about 3-4 days ago very happy with the quality of picture seems a tad better than the previous version.

Cheers
Phil

fyi I received a 0803 (with 8GB internal) last week from FoxOffer, and the firmware was 20140611 V1.o.

Same here, maybe the next update may cure that, I don't have a problem with it being on, I get the wife yelling & screaming at the way I drive.

I played it back so she could hear herself abusing me, then she said I want you to turn the bloody mic off, I told her I can't :D

Best thing I have ever put in the car I don't hear a word now :D :D :D

Cheers

Phil

I cant believe this is still not fixed. Such a fundamental issue and for me the only one!

I think I should install this camera inside my home too !

Never gave that a thought, what a great idea, been married 40 years and it's not getting any better, she thinks I'm going deaf

thank god for selective hearing :D:D

they are from two different manufacturers, they source their cameras from different suppliers

I'm fairly new to the dashcam world, but how is it that the same camera with the same model number can be different depending on where it's bought? If I buy a Sony Model "A" TV, it doesn't matter where I get it, it's the same TV.

The problem with products produced in the Far East, China especially, is that they have no copyright law, which is why it's so common to see models that look almost identical from different manufacturers, but in truth can differ internally quite dramatically.

The problem with products produced in the Far East, China especially, is that they have no copyright law, which is why it's so common to see models that look almost identical from different manufacturers, but in truth can differ internally quite dramatically.
That is not true. All countries that have joined the world trade organisation (WTO) including China have much the same copyright laws as most of the rest of the world. While there are some illegal copies, and it takes some time to get things through the courts, most are simply being manufactured by several manufacturers under license. While Sony may not share their designs, many other major manufacturers do, not just electronics either, eg. Ford and Mazda have shared the designs of many car models.

But thanks for remembering me to add a checksum to the download files to verify it after download.
I almost forgot this but now I added CRC32 MD4 MD5 and SHA1 to 0803 firmwares. 0801 Firmware will get their checksums later :)
Just press the Information button in the Checksum column and you'll get a popover with the checksums.
upload_2014-7-19_22-18-20.png

Tobi@s, look please firware from procam.ru for procam cx4 rev.3 It is version with record without sound (in changelog). Is it compatble with mini 0803?

Back