Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
Mini 0803 is coming.
(Ambarella A7 chip, WDR, LDWS, 1296P 30fps, GPS)
finished the 1st public release firmware V1.0 on Mar.18.

please download the specification from:
http://spec.megcn.com/X34 (mini 0803) spec.pdf

details images below:
(please be noticed mini 0803 share the Mini 0801 housing so the "1080P" silk screen was not updated on the sample)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Last edited:
Great.
Can yo ushare raw / original video files shot in 1296p.
If possible then from different scenarios:
- sunny day
- cloudy day
- driving into tunnel or car park at day
- driving out from tunnel or car park at day
- night city lights
- night, with very little lights
- pitch dark ( no lights at all )

Ok. Understood.

Q about lens aperture F2.8 mentioned in specs, - is it correct number ?

I'd have to double check, there's a few inaccuracies in the spec listed, maybe a cut and paste from the old model

I'd have to double check, there's a few inaccuracies in the spec listed, maybe a cut and paste from the old model

Yes please.
Just wanted to point out to avoid mis-understandings from potential buyers ;)

Possible MEGtech will use their own choice of lens and not the same as the manufacturer uses so spec could vary, we saw this same fractured model variations with the 0801 as well where spec wasn't always the same

So, there might be in future on the market few models of 0803 with different specs variations ?

Yes that could happen, availability is a bit more restricted than the 0801 was though, there's clearly a few who were doing the wrong thing with that model and it's the consumers that suffer when that happens

Will the card error be fixed? My mini801 has started to give this error and I am using the class 6 SD card as recommended. I also have the correct firmware. This is the second SD card that I have tried. I really like the size of this camera as it hides behind my mirror perfectly. Plus, it looks like I might be able to replace the 801 with the 803 and use the same base? Maybe?

Oh goody, I just got a second car. I think my new car will inherit my mini 0801 and my primary car will get the new mini 0803 when it comes out. Is Tobi@s in on the development? We know we want our custom boot screens :D

I was about to buy the 0801 cam, when I came on this forum and found out about the new version. thanks for all the informations you are providing. I can't wait until this tiny cam is out on sale.
do you guys know if foxoffer will be a reseller?

Oh goody, I just got a second car. I think my new car will inherit my mini 0801 and my primary car will get the new mini 0803 when it comes out. Is Tobi@s in on the development? We know we want our custom boot screens :D
I am interested in developing for this cam. But keep in mind I'm not a dashcam software developer, I have to wait for the release of the cam as you have to.
+ If it's release will take a few more month I can't afford it because I attend a university after my apprenticeship :p

He has looked at the firmware already, I'll leave it to him to comment on what's possible
Haven't looked at it deep enough to tell.. But I guess fs modifications are possible. Maybe rooting, a USB terminal Connection, ... will be possible, too (If I assume that GoPro 3 is similar)

Back