Mini 0803 coming

Is it safe to buy or do I go for 0801 or can you recommend one around the same price thanks

I've ordered the Mobius for my motorcycle (and maybe I'll try it in my car). From what I've read, it's a very reliable camera. In a few weeks when hopefully the dust settles a bit on the 803, I'll order one of those for my car.

Keep in mind that in spite of some complaints about 803 picture quality, it's still far better than what is required of an accident cam. Improvements to firmware will just make it better.

Do I buy the 0803 or wait for awhile, I have read that there are a few issues at the moment.

I've taken the plunge and ordered the 0803 from FoxOffer a couple of days ago, after having confirmation from them that's it's a camera from the second production batch, the new lens and the 20140510V1 firmware installed, with promise to send all customers a link when the FW is available for update. Of course, it all depends on what you feel about buying a product that may need some extra work, or getting an older model that has "proven" it's pro's and cons.

My initial mail to their support mail didn't get any reply, but a second mail with a gentle poke on twitter @FoxOffer produced the answers I was waiting for to decide.

After analyzing 0801 and 0803 files, It seems (for me) that you can read licence plates a little better with 0803 than 0801, despite the "paint effect". So I have decided to order a 0803, because for me the mini size of 080x series is very important.
If you can deal with a bigger cam, I suggest you to buy a G90 or G1W.

Ok thanks, dose yours get hot, I was looking at buying one from Diggcam.com they have the ones with 1296P on them
I don't know diggcam, but If you checked carefully, their products category is almost same as foxoffer, also some products info are same as foxoffer, even use our waterproof picture.
Most of products sell same price as foxoffer, some sell $1 less than us.

I don't know diggcam, but If you checked carefully, their products category is almost same as foxoffer, also some products info are same as foxoffer, even use our waterproof picture.
Most of products sell same price as foxoffer, some sell $1 less than us.

seems they are just trying to copy, they have no contact info, no address, no phone numbers, only a gmail email address, better to buy from Foxoffer, at least they're not trying to hide anything

After analyzing 0801 and 0803 files, It seems (for me) that you can read licence plates a little better with 0803 than 0801, despite the "paint effect". So I have decided to order a 0803, because for me the mini size of 080x series is very important.
If you can deal with a bigger cam, I suggest you to buy a G90 or G1W.

What do you mean by the "paint effect".

Last edited:
What do you mean by the "paint effect".

I think he's talking about the mosaic effect when driving at night with WDR on...I get that on mine, don't know if the new lens has fixed that?

Is that anything to worry about, they may come up with a fix later on down the track,

The effect does not worry me at all, most of my driving is in the dark so I need the cam to see in the dark which this cam does very well.

I tried a 32gb class 10 card and it sent the cam crazy.

That's strange, Foxoffer sells these with a class 10, I'm getting close to ordering one, just can't make up my mind.

How much better if any is the 0803 than 0801 in your opinion

you'll see more at night with an 0803, potentially it can be improved a lot more though, the 0801 is as good as it will get already

Back