Mini 0803 coming

Flopflugel,

ordered on May 20th 2014, arrival will happen on May 28th 2014 (tomorrow - I know for certain since I got an attempted delivery note from the mailman). If yours has been stuck at BEBRUA for a while (days), it's probably being held up by customs. Tracking my shipment only showed it at BEBRUA for about 9 hours. Guess I got lucky :)
Did yours came with bpost or another carrier?

This is my first post here so please be nice...

I was wondering how the model with the internal memory works. Does it fill up the internal 8GB memory first and then fill up the memory card and then when that is full goes back to the internal memory (treating the two memories as one large space) or does the user select which memory to use and then only that space is used?

Thanks.

it's one or the other, doesn't span the memory

This is my first post here so please be nice...

I was wondering how the model with the internal memory works. Does it fill up the internal 8GB memory first and then fill up the memory card and then when that is full goes back to the internal memory (treating the two memories as one large space) or does the user select which memory to use and then only that space is used?

Thanks.
Hi. In case of internal memory models, the user have to select which one to use. Only the selected will work. but from the menu, you can copy files between each other. Honestly speaking, for clarifying accidents, 8GB internal with 1min recycling is more than enough. If you want recording longer travels (~3hrs), you will need the 32GB external card.

Sorry I missed this somehow.
The circuit is only live when the vehicle and cam in use. Ignition live Only.
Is that okay if not how can I supply the protection required ?
Supply protection must have in case when your dashcam in parking (motion detection :ON) mode. In this case, your ignition off, however your dashcam circuit must be live to catching and recording motions in front of your car...

Did yours came with bpost or another carrier?
It was sent by FoxOffer through Singpost, then handled in Belgium by Bpost. I assume yours will be too. I guess they don't check all packages all the time, so it's a bit of a game you play regarding customs. Mine was declared as a Gift, worth $35 according to the shipping note.

That all being said, the manual that comes with the min0803 is a bit of a joke. It refers to functions such as "Loop" that doesn't appear anywhere in the cam UI. It's called "recycle" in the current firmware.

Suggestion : Is anyone else up for rewriting the manual of the mini0803 and putting a digital and improved version online? It would be nice to be able to point people there and maybe some of the retailers here can even use it to bundle with their cams as they ship?

They change from version to version so manuals are only useful if tied to a specific firmware

The manual @OJOCam did for the 0801 is probably the best one out there for the series

Not sure if they'll be doing the 0803 though

where can I buy the newest legitimate 0803 for the best price? I'm from the US.
looking to get the 0803 with GPS and no internal memory.

Thanks

Ended up pulling the trigger and bought it from Ojocam today. They are located very close to where I live and with the 20% off the price came out to be most reasonable. FoxOffer being a few dollars cheaper, but of course I'd have to wait a very long time and risk customs.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Quite excited to get this one! It will be my first DVR. I was hoping to spend a little less, but I think it will be worth it. Considering the small size, image quality (day and night), GPS logging and future FW upgradeability potential for new features.

Do you guys recommend hardwiring it? That would probably be the only way to go for using it in parking mode as well, right? My sockets in the car turn off with the ignition off. Is there any really inexpensive way to hardwire it? Can't afford spending another $50+ on it.

I would not recommend wiring to a permanent power source, if you hardwire you'll want it connected to a switched source

I would not recommend wiring to a permanent power source, if you hardwire you'll want it connected to a switched source
What is that/how does that work?

How will that get power then for when it's parked and in parking mode?

Yeah that exactly the way I've done it, so it only powers up when I'm driving the car.
Will this give the voltage protection that Rayman.Chan quoted

I have just purchased two units with free hardwire kits from a UK fleabay seller, fingers crossed they are the latest production model.

I put a order in today for 0803 , as Hilts said they are out of stock with some, so I bought the GPS/8gb internal memory I've orded a 32gb kingston locally

So i'll be all set when it turns up.

Is there different firmware for the models with built-in memory, or do all the models use the same firmware?

Back