Mini 0803 coming

I apologize for that. We had a whole shipment of Mini 0803 seized by US customs, because of the unauthorized use of the HDMI trademark logo on the mini 0803 packaging. This unfortunate incident did create issues for some customers who ordered the mini 0803 within the last few weeks. We do in fact though have the Mini 0803 with GPS + 8gb memory in stock at this time .

Sorry again for the inconvenience stemming from that order.

I have sent a pm as well.
I don't see the connection in your seized shipment and you not shipping my order. As for the 25% discount, I won't be needing it.

Hi
Attached is a photo of the mod.I pulled part of the shim out so it is more visible.

I used black electrical tape. One layer was enough for me. For those who has bigger mount wobbly lose, they can add 2 layers.

LOL This golden 0803 is... how to say..... very special !!! :D

It's not so bad option for those, who has beige rear mirror, like I have in my Skoda Octavia II. ;)
2e0jmmv.jpg

Unfortunately, I already bought my 0803 in black color from FoxOffer (still waiting for it).
Probably WILL NOT be invisible for others... ;)

I don't see the connection in your seized shipment and you not shipping my order. As for the 25% discount, I won't be needing it.

Seriously? Do you need a picture or something? Shipment seized mean he didn't get it, if he didn't get it how do you expect him to ship it to you?

Seriously? Do you need a picture or something? Shipment seized mean he didn't get it, if he didn't get it how do you expect him to ship it to you?

I think he's upset because he ordered and paid for something that was said to be in stock, after he placed the order he was notified that it was backordered and then when he sent two emails asking what's going on, he apparently received no replies.

The moral of this story is answer your customers, because nobody needs unhappy clients in the internet chat age.

I recently asked Blackboxed a question and the gentleman got right back to me. That makes me feel better about doing business with him.

Hi,

We do strive to be a customer support focused company. Our customer support staff is expected to answer e-mails in as prompt and timely manner as possible. It is highly unusual that any e-mails would go unanswered, and I'm not sure what exactly occurred with with the above customers support tickets. Obviously, we are not perfect and we appreciate the feedback. Hopefully we can use it to improve our support procedures in the future.

Hi,
Yes, I've read lots and lots of good things about your company, also! It looks like you tried to make things right for the unhappy customer.
I was trying to explain to deathguyQC why the person was upset, as he perhaps didn't see an earlier post.

Yes, Spytec has been responsive. I wish Blackbox sells the A118 lol

Tested today EV +1.0, AE Center. => best parameters to have a good balanced image.

It's not so bad option for those, who has beige rear mirror, like I have in my Skoda Octavia II. ;)
2e0jmmv.jpg

Unfortunately, I already bought my 0803 in black color from FoxOffer (still waiting for it).
Probably WILL NOT be invisible for others... ;)
If I could I'd send you a "virtual" can of beige paint via the DCT....:p

You didn't read the complaint. "In Stock" to me means you can put your hands on it. stick a label on it and ship it. The offer was listed "In Stock" before I ordered it, was listed "In Stock" after I got my backorder notice, and online chat three days later still quoting "In Stock" . My question is "how does a seizure of anything have to do with shipping an "In Stock" item"?

To date I still have not received an answer to the question.

When things go wrong most of the time I get a better deal as a result. This is one of those cases. 1 year warranty, 6 day delivery from China, less money. Spy Tec cost me a week on delivery because they didn't know how to ship it.

Six days from China to the US is fantastic service, I'm still waiting for mine been a 11 days, must be on a slow boat from china :(

I don't really expect it till the end of the week with a little luck.

As the wife says good things come to those who have patients :eek::D

This thread is now 42 pages long, don't expect everyone to read or remember every single post about every particular situations.

I received the 0803 from Ojocam and the shipping was great. I just wish they would include more of those red stickies, I kinda want to reposition the camera so that it is more in the center and there is only one extra sticky. Also, I will need to do the little trick to make it more centered in the holder, as it doesn't sit fully straight.

The main disappointment however is the quality. The only license plates I can read are of the cars that are right in front of me (and barely even that - I have to be really close). Anything on the lanes next to me, whether it is same way or opposing traffic is illegible and way too blurry. Is that the case for everyone as well? I have it sent on the highest quality - Super fine, Resolution is 2304x1296 30p 16:9. AE Meter is: Center, WDR: On, FW Version: 20140522 V1.0 (the one it came with) The card is a 32gb class 6 Samsung that came from Ojocam.

The way I view (and save files) is through registrator viewer (datakam player) - great app btw!

Anyone else facing the same issue? I can upload a sample later if you'd want.

I don't know all the video's i've seen uploaded have been quite ok, I can see the plates both ways.
I'm starting to think I've bought the wrong one now. :(

Yes can you upload a sample would be nice thanks

I received the 0803 from Ojocam and the shipping was great. I just wish they would include more of those red stickies, I kinda want to reposition the camera so that it is more in the center and there is only one extra sticky. Also, I will need to do the little trick to make it more centered in the holder, as it doesn't sit fully straight.

The main disappointment however is the quality. The only license plates I can read are of the cars that are right in front of me (and barely even that - I have to be really close). Anything on the lanes next to me, whether it is same way or opposing traffic is illegible and way too blurry. Is that the case for everyone as well? I have it sent on the highest quality - Super fine, Resolution is 2304x1296 30p 16:9. AE Meter is: Center, WDR: On, FW Version: 20140522 V1.0 (the one it came with) The card is a 32gb class 6 Samsung that came from Ojocam.

The way I view (and save files) is through registrator viewer (datakam player) - great app btw!

Anyone else facing the same issue? I can upload a sample later if you'd want.

d0n, I just got my 0803 a few days and still trying to do more testing before I come to final conclusions but I am having the same issues as you. Quality is nowhere near like the test videos I have seen... I am on the 0510 firmware. License plates are pretty much unreadable unless I am right in front of someone. Trying to do different settings and see if this makes any difference.

Tested today EV +1.0, AE Center. => best parameters to have a good balanced image.

Are you talking about the 0803 if so can you list the settings, I'm on the verge of turning my 0803 that has not arrived as yet and sending it back. :eek:

Hi, I received my mini 0803 (with gps and 8gb build-in) today, and tested it.
My firmware is FW20140510 V1.0.

1. 1296p is not working but 1080p is working.

2. I added my Class 10 32 GB card and set to record to outter card. It recorded few seconds and stop recording. No problem when using the 8GB itself.

3. What is the use of LDWS? How to set the red and yellow lines when calibrating LDWS?

4. What is EV and AE? how do the positive and negative EV affect the video?

Can anyone solve my problem? Thank you.

Back