Mini 0803 Firmware Request Thread

Updated to
20140424 - No 1296P mode
20140422 - E-PRANCE logo. Boots into black video with overlay icons displayed: with fw update file present and update cancelled + locks up, has to be reset. Seems to be working fine with no fw update file present. Adds GPS stamp

Tried 20140424 and update failed.
Tried 20140422 - e-prance logo. Working. Night WDR still broken - can not read any license plates.

+ Add option to password protect video and sound.

+ Add option to disable sounds (beeps)
+ Add option to disable blinking lights (on, off, off when screen is off)
+ Add option to watermark speed onto video (when available) in M/H or Km/H
+ Add a 'space' or blank character to the text watermark field

1, disable beep sound --- will add
2, disable blinking lights --- will consider
3, KMH/MPH --- added
4, "blank" --- will add

2, disable blinking lights --- will consider
3, KMH/MPH --- added
4, "blank" --- will add
5, option to turn up audio beep...It's too low

blue & orange highlighted menu, for better readability

blue & orange highlighted menu, for better readability

white charactors on blue background maybe better visual effect? ;)

Does the firmware allow turning off the mic by default, so no sound is recorded at all, or does one have to press the mute button each time the cam starts recording? If the latter is the case, I'd love to see a firmware that allows the user to set the mic to off in the settings (strict privacy laws in Belgium).

Does the firmware allow turning off the mic by default, so no sound is recorded at all, or does one have to press the mute button each time the cam starts recording?
will check with engineer

Has anybody got the LDWS working yet?
If so, how did you do it?

Spotted this posted elsewhere re. FW 20140510 V1 thought it would be a good idea to report it here:-
..... 20140510 - It works, but inserting of GPS tag into video is missing in menu.

Video quality of all fw version is poor. Distant objects are slightly blurred, especially if it is something close to the camera (car interior).

Last edited:
Will this also include disabling the start-up/shutdown melody?

I just received my unit and above all, I find it so annoying that this can't be turned off/muted.

I just received my unit and above all, I find it so annoying that this can't be turned off/muted.
You can open the case and cut the speaker wire ;)

Will be possible with A7Tool. But will be in beta state as long as I can test it.

You can open the case and cut the speaker wire ;)
i was already thinking about this.. but i'm not sure how it's held together.. not screws.. so either glued or tabs.. and i didn't want to break the thing or make the housing loose.

You have to remove the circle around the power button. Don't use a tool but an adhesive tape to remove it.
Then, you will have access to some screws.

Back