Mini 0803 Problems / Will "NOT" Stop Recording

They can be transferred, posting in the correct section not only helps you but also helps others that may come looking for information later

Wish to thank the administrator for transferring this thread in a very efficient manner.

Secondly, tried using just the 8 Gb internal memory with the same result occurring; "recording will not stop as the ignition is shut off".
A little late for that now, unless you can transfer the threads. I really have no intention of rewriting all of the above Q&A. Thanks, you should have made mention of that fact earlier on.
Better to post these questions in the 0803 section
The admin can shift them, start a new topic and you'll get people that have the same model to give feedback, they won't see it here

Thank you very much.

If you pull the plug out of the lighter socket how long will the camera run for?

Once the ignition is deactivated, the camera continues recording. At that point, after waiting a minute, I pressed the reset button. Secondly, after pressing the reset button, the unit will display a steady "red" lamp. I then removed the unit, as the red lamp deactivated. At no time did I ever unplug the camera from the lighter socket, without shutting down unit.

Yeah I was asking if you pulled the plug how long it would run for

Contingent upon pressing the 'reset' button, and seeing a steady red lamp, I then disengage. Once disengaged from the lighter socket, red lamp shuts off and "recording is stopped". (Within seconds)

Just this scenario, camera is on and recording, powered from the supplied cig power lead, without touching any buttons, no reset etc, if you pull the plug out of the lighter socket how long does it run for? Does the LCD light up when you unplug it? Do you have the LCD set to go off or not? Please set it to go off before trying this if you don't have it set to go out already

Just this scenario, camera is on and recording, powered from the supplied cig power lead, without touching any buttons, no reset etc, if you pull the plug out of the lighter socket how long does it run for? Does the LCD light up when you unplug it? Do you have the LCD set to go off or not? Please set it to go off before trying this if you don't have it set to go out already

I believe that I specified clearly that I never pulled the lighter plug from the lighter socket, without first pressing the reset button. I cannot answer your second question for the fact being that I never disengaged the camera in that way. If you would like me to try disengaging without pressing the reset, I shall. When the unit is unplugged, LCD goes dark immediately. Where actually is the LCD setting in the menu?

Yeah I'm asking you to do it as I mentioned, one step at a time if you want to diagnose a problem, even if some of it seems basic

Yeah I'm asking you to do it as I mentioned, one step at a time if you want to diagnose a problem, even if some of it seems basic

Give me a moment. Car is in garage, will just try there. BTW, where is the LCD in menu?

After you've done this test go into the menu and reset to defaults and then try the same again and see if the results vary , please post back with the results

Allowed unit to run 1 minute, then pulled plug from lighter socket. The elapsed time was 17 seconds before unit chimed, turned dark , and shut off. This was performed without external 32 Gb card.

After you've done this test go into the menu and reset to defaults and then try the same again and see if the results vary , please post back with the results

Would this have any bearing as to whether the 32 Gb card is inserted. Initial test was performed without external card. Is this acceptable?

I do not believe that there is a "reset" inserted in the menu. The "reset" button is located on the side (exterior) of the unit. Could you clarify your meaning stating 'menu'?

If you are simply speaking of resetting the default button on the side, I performed this task numerous times.

More than once, same result each time?

I performed the rest about 5 to 6 times outside of vehicle. In the vehicle, reset was hit twice. Is that enough? Yes, same results. (Negative)

If you are simply speaking of resetting the default button on the side, I performed this task numerous times.

No I was referring to entering the settings menu and resetting defaults

Pressing the power button and holding 15 seconds just does a soft reboot

No I was referring to entering the settings menu and resetting defaults

Pressing the power button and holding 15 seconds just does a soft reboot
In the default parameter in the menu, does this have to be performed in car?

* In 'Default' there is either "Yes" or "No'. By pressing 'Yes' would reset?

I performed the rest about 5 to 6 times outside of vehicle. In the vehicle, reset was hit twice. Is that enough? Yes, same results. (Negative)

I was talking about pulling the power plug while it's recording and seeing how long until it powered off, is it the same each time (around 17 seconds) ?

don't touch the power button

Back