Mini 0803 Problems / Will "NOT" Stop Recording

Have no idea who you are, irrelevant

Let us know once you find out why the camera turns off when unplugged but remains on if plugged in though

Let us know once you find out why the camera turns off when unplugged but remains on if plugged in though

Totally irrelevant. The 'unit' is being returned. We'll leave the tid bits for you, or your staff.

Nothing to do with me

To be honest, I would enjoy nothing more than litigation. Some restrictions apply with China, but it really is of no concern. There are many avenues to examine as to how we can make things better.

To be honest, I would enjoy nothing more than litigation. Some restrictions apply with China, but it really is of no concern. There are many avenues to examine as to how we can make things better.

Do whatever you please, as I said, nothing to do with me

@Synoptic I notice on your settings the power off settings are off? Is it set to turn off on power disconnect? If all the settings are good, then by all means contact Fox Offer to return it. BTW @jokiin and Fox Offer, nor the mini 0803 are related. He was only trying to help you since Fox Offer was closed.

Unfortunately it seems the 0803 has been a little inconsistent lately, similar to the previous 0801. I can suggest the Mobius for a more reliable small camera or for a higher budget, the Panorama can't be beat. Both offer honest, helpful US sellers and both cameras have proven to be reliable. Fox Offer has a great record as a seller, just the time difference makes getting an immediate answer difficult. I'm sure they will help when they open.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but could the reason your camera won't turn off when you shut down the car be because your power socket is still LIVE with ignition off?

If I'm correct, the red and blue flashing lamp dictate a recording in process, no?
The red & blue flashing indicate charging & recording respectively. Once the battery is charged then you'll see blue flashing only.
If you are seeing Red & Blue with your ignition off then I'd concur with SteveJ, your 12V socket is probably live all the time.
What happens if you plug in your (turned off) Mini 0803 adaptor onto the 12V socket with the ignition off?

You'll be the first to know.

@Synoptic I notice on your settings the power off settings are off? Is it set to turn off on power disconnect? If all the settings are good, then by all means contact Fox Offer to return it. BTW @jokiin and Fox Offer, nor the mini 0803 are related. He was only trying to help you since Fox Offer was closed.

Unfortunately it seems the 0803 has been a little inconsistent lately, similar to the previous 0801. I can suggest the Mobius for a more reliable small camera or for a higher budget, the Panorama can't be beat. Both offer honest, helpful US sellers and both cameras have proven to be reliable. Fox Offer has a great record as a seller, just the time difference makes getting an immediate answer difficult. I'm sure they will help when they open.

Thank you very much. It is most understandable that Jokiin was trying to be helpful, and assist me. However, many times, Jokiin tried alluding to the alleged fact that my vehicle may be at fault, "after all options on trying to diagnose the unit failed". Actually, at the end of the thread, Jokiin specifically tried making assertions that, again; my vehicle had issues. Really, this is somewhat poor statesmanship.

FoxOffer seems to be fairly well organized but we're seeking a complete refund, whereas FoxOffer wishes for me to pay shipping costs, then being reimbursed. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I've already moved forward on filing a complaint.

Thank you very much for the advice, which I should have taken at the outset, by more than one member. May purchase the Mobius, and or PowerUcc.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but could the reason your camera won't turn off when you shut down the car be because your power socket is still LIVE with ignition off?

"NO", the power socket has no current once the ignition is off. Really.

The red & blue flashing indicate charging & recording respectively. Once the battery is charged then you'll see blue flashing only.
If you are seeing Red & Blue with your ignition off then I'd concur with SteveJ, your 12V socket is probably live all the time.
What happens if you plug in your (turned off) Mini 0803 adaptor onto the 12V socket with the ignition off?

I really cannot believe that these questions are being posed. Your alignment with Steve J. is incorrect. Again, to answer a ridiculous question, "The power socket is "NOT" activated or "LIVE" once the ignition is shut "OFF". Just to be personable, on the second question you present, does that really require an answer? "Upon inserting the lighter plug in socket (As camera is turned "OFF", there is no current going through the unit". Camera will not operate. Thank you very much for your assistance.

* Just a note. There is a 24 hour clock implemented into the camera system. There could be some hindrance or fault with the 24 hour clock.

P.S.- Would the fact of the red flashing lamp (during recording) have any significance as to the unit not shutting off?

Last edited:
The question I posed about the socket being live was because it had not been asked before, and you had not mentioned it.
If you can't take constructive advice, then I would humbly suggest that you don't ask for it!!!:cool:

FoxOffer seems to be fairly well organized but we're seeking a complete refund, whereas FoxOffer wishes for me to pay shipping costs, then being reimbursed. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I've already moved forward on filing a complaint.
Did they offer any suggestion as to why the camera continues to record after you turn the car off?

I have heard only good things on different forums about Fox Offer. Unfortunately there is only so much they can do from China. I prefer when possible to buy local, to avoid such long distance problems. I bought my Mobius from SpyTec in NYC. They are on the approved seller list (so I know it's real), I could go to their physical store and @TJ_Spytec was a pleasure to work with. You could even ask them to check it before shipping

The question I posed about the socket being live was because it had not been asked before, and you had not mentioned it.
If you can't take constructive advice, then I would humbly suggest that you don't ask for it!!!:cool:

No one asked you anything.

Did they offer any suggestion as to why the camera continues to record after you turn the car off?

I have heard only good things on different forums about Fox Offer. Unfortunately there is only so much they can do from China. I prefer when possible to buy local, to avoid such long distance problems. I bought my Mobius from SpyTec in NYC. They are on the approved seller list (so I know it's real), I could go to their physical store and @TJ_Spytec was a pleasure to work with. You could even ask them to check it before shipping

Thank you. No, as yet FoxOffer has not responded to the issue.

That's true, but you called my perfectly genuine question "ridiculous" (your words), so I felt duty bound to point out your egotistical attitude to advice.:cool:

P.S.- Would the fact of the red flashing lamp (during recording) have any significance as to the unit not shutting off?
The red flashing lamp indicates that power is being supplied and the battery is being charged, it will extinguish when the battery is fully charged. It has no significance to shutting off.

...leaving the green lamp illuminated on the lighter plug which was inserted into lighter socket...
If that green lamp is illuminated then power is being supplied to the camera and the camera should not power off, when the green lamp extinguishes the camera should then shut down within around 15 seconds (assuming default settings).

How long does the camera continue to record for with no power supply?

.... to answer a ridiculous question, "The power socket is "NOT" activated or "LIVE" once the ignition is shut "OFF". Just to be personable, on the second question you present, does that really require an answer? "Upon inserting the lighter plug in socket (As camera is turned "OFF", there is no current going through the unit". Camera will not operate. Thank you very much for your assistance.

* Just a note. There is a 24 hour clock implemented into the camera system. There could be some hindrance or fault with the 24 hour clock.

Touché... As an owner of Mini 0803 I have answered your question about the red & blue light flashing.
The blue light flashes when it is recording and the red/blue whilst charging/recording.
Some vehicles have their 12v sockets live with the ignition off. I am not sure why asking a pertinent question is ridiculous when we are trying to help you!:confused:
You have stated several times that you are seeing a red & blue flashing light with the ignition turned off.

It appears you may have already checked this, but there had been no mention this beforehand. Perhaps I should have asked if the Green light on the charger goes off when the ignition is turned off....
I'll reiterate that the flashing blue/red light indicates that it is recording/battery is being charged - thus indicating power being applied.
FYI I have the Auto Power setting at 1 minute but mine powers down at ~15 secs after the ignition goes off AND the green light on the charger goes off.

I'm still suspecting your 12V socket is live after you've turned the ignition off. It may not be on all the time, but there may well be a delay timer on it...o_O

What happens when you try plugging in/unplugging the Mini 0803 using a USB charger (e.g., for iPhone or Kindle) with the USB to Micro cable that came with it?

Last edited:
That's true, but you called my perfectly genuine question "ridiculous" (your words), so I felt duty bound to point out your egotistical attitude to advice.:cool:

The question you posed may very well have been real, but the theory was suspect. If you have followed this post, you would surely recognize that our intrinsic understanding of electronics would have certainly covered this aspect. There is no ego, as you point out, only a baseless argument which entails the basic framework of the camera. However, if I were rude in any way, my apologies to you.

Back