Mini 0806 5th Batch

I now run an 0806 on the back window simply because I need to have something with a CPL as the sunlight really does kill the image on my particular car...

its running the upgraded firmware and picks up gps very well but..

Although the image is very good the street storm absolutely blasts it :D

Hi Dan, we asked Ambarella to help on the card switching logic but their update failed in our test. Maybe our thougt is too difficult for them to achieve?
Every fault camera was take care by our production guys, and we have support channel by online feedback or e-mail, and some users communicate with distributors directly. We promised one year free replacing that will be executed, promise is promise.

I don't think I have ever seen a report of flames coming from an 0806? Any links?

I also really want to know what is happening, whch will help to improve our products.
Even most fault cameras I will check them on my eye to summarize how the fault came.

If you find any points can improve product performance or quality, a mail will be appreciated. rayman@megcn.com
I am open for any mind. ;)

I also really want to know what is happening, whch will help to improve our products.
Even most fault cameras I will check them on my eye to summarize how the fault came.

If you find any points can improve product performance or quality, a mail will be appreciated. rayman@megcn.com
I am open for any mind. ;)

I have emailed you :D

Hi Dan, we asked Ambarella to help on the card switching logic but their update failed in our test. Maybe our thougt is too difficult for them to achieve?
Every fault camera was take care by our production guys, and we have support channel by online feedback or e-mail, and some users communicate with distributors directly. We promised one year free replacing that will be executed, promise is promise.

Hi Rayman,
That's interesting as I know the factory Skyhigh have implemented this card switching logic in one of their cameras and have even shown it to work and I know another factory have also got this implemented for an upcoming camera...so I was wondering why the 0806 has not had this implemented? Will it be implemented soon?

Cheers,

Dan

PS
Seems DATAKAM also has had it implemented for a while as well.

If these guys have it implemented can you implement on 0806? Surely as you manufacture the camera and the write the firmware yourself you can simply add this?

.........supercapacitors start off with a longer lifespan and if you half it by overheating them you will still have a long lifespan remaining. They will still die of overheating, just not so soon as a lipo.......

If the supercapacitor is chosen to be only just large enough to finish saving the last file, it won't be long before it doesn't have enough power to complete the save and shutdown.

I think the reason my Nextbase 402G (DOD LS430W) didn't last long is that according to the specs it has a battery which is among the smallest on the spec sheets of the cams I've been running. So the smaller battery means less degradation before it doesn't store enough power to save the last file properly.

A cam with a relatively 'oversized' battery might still have enough battery capacity remaining after several years of hot summers (although a larger battery is a larger problem if it fails catastrophically).

the factory have implemented this card switching logic in one of their cameras and have even shown it to work and I know another factory have also got this implemented for an upcoming camera...s
Seems DATAKAM also has had it implemented for a while as well.

Hi Dan, have you checked the camera and verify that logic works stable? If not, that is the point.

we have NDA with DATAKAM so I can't show anything. I believe you only heard unilateral "half story".
Good luck.

Hi Dan, have you checked the camera and verify that logic works stable? If not, that is the point.

we have NDA with DATAKAM so I can't show anything. I believe you only heard unilateral "half story".
Good luck.

I have checked. Works perfectly. I've asked four manufacturers I know and it works so rayman why are you not giving 0806 customers s feature you promised? Surely a simple firmware upgrade us the solution...? I'm also sure everyone on this forum would love to help you test it so you don't need to. Why won't you release it if everyone else is including skyhigh in their upcoming camera?

I have checked. Works perfectly. I've asked four manufacturers I know and it works so rayman why are you not giving 0806 customers s feature you promised? Surely a simple firmware upgrade us the solution...? I'm also sure everyone on this forum would love to help you test it so you don't need to. Why won't you release it if everyone else is including skyhigh in their upcoming camera?

they're promoting it as supporting 2 x 128gb over here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/nano-q-mini0903-and-mini0806-advantaged-features.15050/ so must be an update coming

One thing always puzzled me about the entire mini series ..

why was the mounting bracket ever designed turned to the outside of the camera increasing the appearance of the set up and leaving it more vulnerable to camera wobble ????

It would have been so simple to turn it to the inside !

Could you post the feedback from the user now ? what did the users say ?

The manufacturers opinion of MEGTechs excuses are to rude to post. It's poor testing and and false advertising by MEGTech and now they have a new camera they don't care about the old and as such won't update it.

My guess is one or two will get a pleasant surprise from the new mini with its capacitor, new mounting, and choice of low "f" lens..

The only thing they missed was doing what koonlung have done in being able to switch to a differing record mode which would have been perfect if it switched to a low 5fps to be used as parking mode.

My guess is one or two will get a pleasant surprise from the new mini with its capacitor, new mounting, and choice of low "f" lens..
My guess is that many who bought a mini0806 based on it's advertising, only to find out that it can't properly do what was expected, won't go anywhere near another product from the same manufacturer no matter what 'features' are promised this time around.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's bitten once, twice shy, buyer beware, etc as far as I am concerned.

Back