Mini 0806 died, only blue LED, no display!

Rayman.Chan,
I have the same problem with the DVR, but my DVR mini 0805.
help identify the item .
Ali 105.jpg 1F9.jpg

send the device circuitry. nothing happens. on a chip which is in the corner of the output 0.6 In this normal? on the other, which is contrary hdmi nothing. The diode is lit only from the power supply, the battery is no reaction. Akkumylyator permanently at zero, KZ Toli, Toli he goes into the self-discharge in 30 seconds !!!! We need a circuit !!!
possible reason:
1st, card writing problem which crash the camera boot process; please take out storage card before power on and then format the card in camera.
2nd, ARM halt; hold power button for 16 seconds only reset DSP but not ARM, that is a design defects as ARM level usually will not halt but there is 0.1% possibility; disconnect battery will solve this. This will be changed in the following products.
3rd, PWM IC damaged as the input voltage is higher than 5.5V. This can only be done by hardware work.

Hey

I have the same problem with mini recorder 0806 bought in mid-2016. The blue LED is lit (sometimes it works for several hours).
Power on 3V battery (with battery and without battery). IC temperature - processor about 40 degrees.
I replaced 4 pcs PWM ICs still the same.

Attachments

• mini 0806 2016.jpg
    mini 0806 2016.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 47
  • mini 0806 2016 2.jpg
    mini 0806 2016 2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 54
Quite possibly, it's a common issue with this model

there is no input voltage limit in the old design.
in new cameras we added high voltage production there so the PWM IC will not easily damaged by the low quality power supply.

Dear user of mini0806, I have problem with my mini0806 too, blue led lit, camera is going hot, no function after 20-60s of power button hold.

I disassembled my camera and I observed, that one of more IC is burned (picture is taken here from forum), marking on board is BQ: NOJ (N0J). What kind of producer or part number is it?

Im using hardwiring adapter connected to 12V from car.

Thank you a lot!
无标题.jpg

Hi Karlos,
it is a DC/DC power ic RT8059GJ5 to provide power to image sensor, if it is damaged the PCBA will be dead.
the ic works with input voltage from 2.8V to 5.5V, BUT, if the input is higher than 5.5V the ic maybe damaged.

but for the hardwire kit on market, it is quite hard to identify the quality unless measure and dismantle it.

if you can get the RT8059GJ5 there you can replace it yourself to restore the camera, or ship the camera back to our factory to repair.

Thank you for answer, I will order new IC for whole camera and I will improve stability of supply voltage too.

I hope, that only ICs are damaged and rest of unit is ok.

After exchange of IC I got again only blue led and heatsink is going fast hot, I desolder battery too and still the same.

So it looks, this device is dead.

our repair guy usually measure the power voltages from the LDOs to make sure they are in proper range; but that maybe senior repair skill, at least for me :)
if you can return this camera back to factory, I believe the repair guy will resurrect it.

Hello, could somebody please help me identify chip from Mini0806, I'm connected with wrong polarity battery, and got burned it. On the picture marked yellow:
Capture1.JPG

RT8059GJ5 1.5MHz, 1A, High Efficiency PWM Step-Down DC/DC Converter

20171017220805.jpg

thank you Chan! In my Mini0806 broken Q7(A03415). If I'm connected battery with wrong polarity, do you know which circuit can be broke?

Hello. There were some problems. Do you have any full scheme on this dvr?. Possible service manual.? In advance thank you.

Last edited:
Back