Mini 0806 died, only blue LED, no display!

Hello,
Can anyone help repair my dashcam? I tried to hardwire it in yesterday and I think I messed up.30 secs after switching it on I could smell burning so
I quickly switched it off, but the damage was done. Now it doesn't switch on at all, I just have the blue light coming on when I plug it in.

I opened up my dashcam. I can see one of the components on the pcb looks overheated.I will attach a pic.
This component is so small I don't think I would be able to solder it successfully.

Attachments

• mini0806.jpg
    mini0806.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 11
Just checked the other board and it has the same component burned as well46113

Hey. After an unsuccessful start of the car (the battery in the car was discharged), the DVR stopped turning on. The red diode is on. The screen does not light up. Opened, visible outages of elements on the boards are not visible. At the terminals of the microcircuit, indicated by yellow 1 and 2 (the black arrow indicates) in standby mode, when the recorder is connected to charging, but they did not press the power button, the voltage is zero. When the power button is pressed, the red LED lights up, at pin 2 - 2.8 Volts, at pin 1 - 0.6 Volts. Check the second chip circled in a red circle is not possible. Need a service manual to repair this DVR. Where and how to check the voltage if the recorder does not turn on and, in addition to the light indication, does not show signs of life.

Attachments

• IMG_7711.jpg
    IMG_7711.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7714.jpg
    IMG_7714.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7715.jpg
    IMG_7715.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7705-2.jpg
    IMG_7705-2.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Just checked the other board and it has the same component burned as well

That is a DC-DC converter, burned by high input voltage.
you may get a RT8059GJ5 or SY8008 or similar DC-DC converter IC to instead. parameters below:

Step-Down Buck Positive
MAX input voltage: 5.5V
output load: 1A
SOT23-5

Hey. After an unsuccessful start of the car (the battery in the car was discharged), the DVR stopped turning on. The red diode is on. The screen does not light up. Opened, visible outages of elements on the boards are not visible. At the terminals of the microcircuit, indicated by yellow 1 and 2 (the black arrow indicates) in standby mode, when the recorder is connected to charging, but they did not press the power button, the voltage is zero. When the power button is pressed, the red LED lights up, at pin 2 - 2.8 Volts, at pin 1 - 0.6 Volts. Check the second chip circled in a red circle is not possible. Need a service manual to repair this DVR. Where and how to check the voltage if the recorder does not turn on and, in addition to the light indication, does not show signs of life.

for your situation,
1, try upgrade firmware with DirectUSB program. Please send me your mail address so we can send the program to you.
2, if upgrade not work, most like the DC-DC converter is damaged, try to replace all the converters on board
3, maybe the A7LA50 SOC is damaged, then it is not worth to repair.

Back