Mini 0806 won't power off!

Well, this afternoon, just as I got home the mini0806 gave a momentary crackle/screech sound and won't turn off.
It has been removed from the vehicle (hardwire kit) and the red and blue LEDS has been on for the whole time (about 30~40 minutes now).
Pressing the button on the end for any length of time does nothing.
Connecting it to a laptop does nothing, not even recognized.
Connecting it back on the base unit in the car and starting / shutting down the car does nothing.
The whole time the only thing is that the LEDS remain lit up?

Update [1]: just pressed the end button and now the screen has come to life with a static view of whatever it was pointing at when it came on - image does not change when the camera is moved.
Update [2]: Screen has just gone off again as I was typing but LEDS remain lit?
Pressed the end button again and nothing happens.

Update [3]: Quite some time has passed - the LEDS eventually went out and the camera fitted back in the car. Started the car and all seems well again. Weird or what.
Cheers

Sounds like the dashcam is faulty, send it back for a replacement, or take the sd card out of the camera & see if you still have the symptons of a faulty dashcam!

If you format the card in the dashcam, it makes it exFat format, should'nt the sd card be formatted to Fat32? I format my sd card every month for the past year or so on my old G1W via a Fat32 formatter programme on the desktop & never had any issues whatsoever ;) even sometimes if I got lazy & forgot, then I would format via the dashcam But I'm sure for the mini 0806 should'nt the format be (Fat32) not (exFat) ?

Latest update:
Interesting - since the problem the other day, camera seemed to perform normally and playback of trip videos appear to be correct.
Whilst returning home this afternoon, the camera started playing snippets of what sounded like the start up / shut down tones and the screen came alive, althought only at half brightness. The screen also flickered for a bit.
I could not stop where I was but after a few minutes all seemed to be normal again.

Back