Mini 0806s W/ Super Capacitor, solve the problem of over heating

yes it works well with 128GB card but a MLC chip card is recommended.
iTracker tested 256GB also works well but I didn't have the chance (256GB is too costly for me)
I didn't notice the firmware update that was created for 128gb that allows card to be formatted in the 0806?
So far since I stopped using the GPS mount I've not had a single issue, so the mount or its power contacts are a weak point. So my card is still working when I PC formatted back in July I think it was.

128gb seems just about ok for me, but I spotted slight damage to my car recently but as I lave my cam running when parked it had overwritten when that happened! So I might try a 256gb if that now works with the 0806! But like you I think they're on the costly side.
Whoever hit my bumper it didn't log as an impact, that's why I missed it. I can't turn the setting up any more than I think 3G's as I already gets locked files for all those pesky potholes!

Can I replace the dead battery in my old 0806 with a Super Capacitor?

super capacitor will not wrok on old 0806.
there is a MS621 RTC battery in 0806s which help to maintain the time setting when power off, which was by the Lith battery in 0806.

I believe you will not want to wait GPS to correct the system time or have to manually set up time every driving.

super capacitor will not wrok on old 0806.
there is a MS621 RTC battery in 0806s which help to maintain the time setting when power off, which was by the Lith battery in 0806.

I believe you will not want to wait GPS to correct the system time or have to manually set up time every driving.
Do you mean it wont work at all just because of loss of date and time? Or for other reason?
I might be able to live with wrong time and date as it usually corrects itself with 5 minutes!

I have that problem now with date starting at 2014 but not all the time, and it corrects as soon as the GPS gets a signal.
It happens also when I plug cam into PC, so it depends how long the car is standing for without use and if anything left in battery. The cam must use very little power to keep date and time correct as cam when powered up in car never turns on, sits and blue light until and press power on/off button.

I'm not sure I want to take it apart but if it was possible to fit a new small battery "MS621 RTC battery in 0806s" in my 0806 to stop the date and time resetting and I could fit a super capacitor I would consider doing it?

if it was possible to fit a new small battery "MS621 RTC battery in 0806s" in my 0806 to stop the date and time resetting and I could fit a super capacitor I would consider doing it?

there will be a lot of modification to the re-charging circuit, not just add a battery.
I am afraid it is not realizable

there will be a lot of modification to the re-charging circuit, not just add a battery.
I am afraid it is not realizable
That's unfortunate, would have liked to have given my old 0806 a super capacitor upgrade :(

quite sorry, but if you need a super capacitor version 0806, you can consider the new mini 0806-S

Hi,

I just received 4 Mini 0806-S cameras and cannot seem to get any of 4 Samsung 128GB cards to format on any camera. Is this a known issue or just that I got 4 bad memory cards? They are the Samsung EVO PLUS 128GB Micro SD cards (class10). When I put them in my computer they work fine. I can even format them but none of the cameras like them. I can't believe that I could get 4 bad cameras all with the same issue. Unfortunately I don't have any other memory cards at the moment .

On another note, I saw that someone posted the link to the firmware for this camera to the mini 0806 site. but without this link you cannot find the download. if the person that posted it can put a link and note so that people know not to use the standard mini0806 firmware that would be great....Just a suggestion.

where did you buy the cards from?
I bought them from eBay but they were still in the original packages...now the lurking question is are they fake? I am in IT and these look as real as can be.

I think Samsung has a card verification process- most other card makers do. Well-made fakes are easy now but it shows up under testing and use.

Phil

Hi. I buy the Mini 0806s but for having an answer i wrote the same message under the post of the Mini 0806, because i thounght that the parking mode works at the same way; so i remake the question.
"Sorry but as hardwire for parking mode you need the one with the 3 cables (ACC, + 12v fixed and Negative) as in figure 1 or just a classic 5v power supply with 2 cables (fixed and negative positive)?
Because I know for example that some dashcam like the T1 goluk need that connection to identify when the engine is on and when it is off to start parking mode; others instead (like the Viofo A119) I have seen that it is not useful because if it detects movement it records otherwise after a while it goes into parking mode.
How does the MINI 0806 behave? What in your opinion?"

Hi everyone - I know this is an old thread! But....
I need to re-flash my 0806s - Does anyone have the Firmware for it? I can't find it anywhere!
All help greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone - I know this is an old thread! But....
I need to re-flash my 0806s - Does anyone have the Firmware for it? I can't find it anywhere!
All help greatly appreciated!
0806s? Not sure if you mean the module mini 0806!
Anyway, you can have a look at it... https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0806/#Firmware
Good luck!

0806s? Not sure if you mean the module mini 0806!
Anyway, you can have a look at it... https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0806/#Firmware
Good luck!
Hi - Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated!
I have the 0806s - this is an upgraded version of the 0806 - it has a capacitor instead of a battery.

It kept turning off as soon as it powered up last year so I replaced it with the Viofo A119s V2
I recently dug the 0806s out and tried reflashing it before I threw it out - I couldn't find the 0806s FW so I tried the 0806 FW - and now it works again! So it's now installed as a rear-facing dashcam - However - it doesn't save the last file recorded when I turn the ignition off - I'm hoping this will be fixed if I flash it with the correct, Super capacitor aware FW for the 0806s - does anyone have a copy of it knocking about?

Thanks again!

Is it posable to upgrade an 806 to a Super Cap in place of the battery if so anyone got any part numbers and instructions.

you can work link to the file 806S-firmware-170523.zip

Back