Mini0801 custom firmwares

firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin is the correct name afaik

Ok, that worked Tobi@s. Thank you.

Looks like I have all the new features (MPH, etc) and the Mazda logo. I'm still getting the startup/shutdown sounds though.

Oops seems I forgot about that

Oops seems I forgot about that

Much Kudos for your efforts. I tried the No Logo, No Sound version and it seems fine - Thanks.

I also have a Mazda so if you are doing a Mazda Logo No Sound version could I ask you to do one with Mazda Logo and No sound for cam with GPS unit - with No Internal Card as well.

Much Respect - and Thanks In Avance

I could do thazt but you could also try my RomKitchen if you want :)

I did try that - but I got cold feet very quickly - I think that I would only end up bricking my Cam however I would encourage anyone who is technically competent with programming and soldering to give it a go

Exactly, there is no need to make a connection between the pc and the mini 801.
I used the Quick FS Editor to swap the startup/shutdown pictures with the ones I wanted. And I also opened every poweron/poweroff .pcm file I could find (6). I just opened them and did nothing else.
RomKitchen created a new firmware file for me, and the only thing else I had to do is to rename the file with the correct file name.
After that I copied the new firmware file to a formatted SD card, after inserting the SD card into the mini 801, I pressed the startup button and approved the firmware update question. The mini shuts down by itself and after pressing the startup button again everything was working as desired.
I'm certainly no expert, but after reading all the available information on RomKitchen 07 and after a few times practicing with different firmware versions I was confident enough to try it out.
To write everything down in English is still a bit tricky for me, but I hope it helps.

Had to rename the file but all working great.

Attachments

• IMAG2625.jpg
    IMAG2625.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 14
Is it possible to change the menu images? If so could you please make me a rom using these menus and the Jaguar logo with sound off for 0801 from Foxoffer with GPS + 8gb Int + External Card

Attachments

• 08___mode_menu00.jpg
    08___mode_menu00.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • 09___mode_menu01.jpg
    09___mode_menu01.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • 10___mode_menu02.jpg
    10___mode_menu02.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 13
  • 12___mode_menu04.jpg
    12___mode_menu04.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 11___mode_menu03.jpg
    11___mode_menu03.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 13___mode_menu05.jpg
    13___mode_menu05.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 14___mode_menu06.jpg
    14___mode_menu06.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 15___mode_menu07.jpg
    15___mode_menu07.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • 16___mode_menu08.jpg
    16___mode_menu08.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 13
  • logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 15
I don't see the point of having a custom layout menu - you dont change your camera settings every day I guess.
Jaguard Logo would be easy.

I just thought the original menus were a bit messy. Nu just the logo change would good.

The effort needed to create such a main menu by no means justifies the benefit. I'll add the Jaguar logo ;)

Can't you just use the menu images I provided? They seem to appear in the resource file as images just like the logo.

Just have a look at your mini's menu. It does not look like the included menu images ^^
Those included menus bitmaps are not used in out minis.

Sorry did not realise that. My 0801 arrives tomorrow so have not tried it. I wonder why those images are stored in the firmware if they are not used?

Because all A2 SoC dashcams are based on the A2 SDK. This means all of their firmwares have the same roots. They just adjust the firmware to the needs of the specific devices - base is the same. And it doesnt matter if they have useless crap on the dashcams because average People like you and me are not intended to mess with the proprietary firmware contents.

Could I ask a question about the logo image? I know the resolution must be the same and must be saved in paint to the exif data but must the filesize be the same aswell?

No can be any filesize

Back