Mini0801 custom firmwares

Hi, I received my E-prance 0801 on Friday and it seems to have a firmware 20140429 which I can't find to download... Can anyone point me to where I can get it (for backup purposes)?

Thanks

Great work @Tobi@s!

These links seem to be dead? Any chance to reupload the fw requested by swenak - without startup/shutdown sound and without startup picture?
I have GPS version without internal memory too.

How do you display GPS data but not your speed? Is this in the firmware or an option in the settings? :/

Thanks.

Last edited:
Unzip the file and rename the .bin to firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin or firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin

Btw this firmware has a modified bitrate ;)
18mbps

The Bitrate is a measurement of how much information is stored per second. The higher the Bitrate the more Information can be stored and therefore the quality is better/not that much compressed :)

Not sure, you need to try it

@Tobi@s!

I bricked my Internal 8GB with GPS 0801, I tried using DirectUSB on Windows 7 x64 and Windows XPx86 but when plugging into the computer I get 'device unknown' and can't install the Ambrella driver.

I have ordered a new mini 0801 with external memory and GPS, can you please give me a firmware that is for this device but with the start up and shutdown sound removed? Can you also replace the boot logo of the car with just a plain black image. (I tried to make my own firmware but the program is too hard for me, need tutorial. This is how I bricked my device)

Do you know any other way I can get the Ambrella driver to detect and install my device? I have made a OTG USB cable but not sure it is working, have ordered a premade one online hopefully this will fix the first broken device.

Thank you for your time.

Hi MrSir, don't worry this can be fixed easily.

1. Download this and unpack it somewhere http://dc.p-mc.eu/dl/DirectUSB.7z
  2. Open the Windows device Manager by executing this: devmgmt.msc
  3. upload_2014-7-18_17-4-40.png
  4. Install the Drivers by adding legacy Hardware (right click the first item (your Computers Name) and select "add legacy Hardware"
  5. upload_2014-7-18_17-7-4.png
  6. Select Manual mode:
  7. upload_2014-7-18_17-7-33.png
  8. Select "All devices" and press next
  9. press "drive" and navigate to the unpacked DirectUSB Folder -> "Drivers"
  10. upload_2014-7-18_17-9-9.png
  11. Then select Ambarella Evaluation board and install it
  12. After this Driver Installation you device should be detectable with the DirectUSB Version from the link above.
  13. Get an .elf file and Flash it by selecting "Download" in DirectUSB

I'll create the customized Firmware later.

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-18_17-4-20.png
    upload_2014-7-18_17-4-20.png
    9 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2014-7-18_17-5-24.png
    upload_2014-7-18_17-5-24.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2014-7-18_17-8-51.png
    upload_2014-7-18_17-8-51.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@Tobi@s! Thank you for your response,

I have followed all your steps previously however it doesn't work for me, when plugging in the mini 0801 and using DirectUSB all I get is:
Untitled.jpg

Is this because of not properly installed driver or not true working OTG cable?
Untitled2.jpg

Any other suggestions?

Select A2 in the dropdown menu from DirectUSB

Back