Mini0801 custom firmwares

I have switched to a2 and still get the same error, whether I plug in the device with red light or blue light on.

Does this mean the OTG cable I made is not right?
Untitled3.jpg

Last edited:
If you connect it with the otg cable the dashcam should not boot and only the red led should be on. If this happens the cable is ok.

Okay, I'll have to wait until OTG cable arrives, were you able to cook me the firmware I wanted?

Yes GPS, No internal memory, Remove start up and shut down sounds and change boot image to black still.

Will do this once Your Mini is working :D

I still couldn't get DirectUSB to detect my bricked device.

I now have a new Mini 0801.
20140414, GPS, no internal memory.

Could you please make the custom firmware for me?
Remove start up and shut down sounds and change boot image to black still.

Thank you @Tobi@s

Hi Tobi@s. This was from another thread & probably fell to the side with your workload. You mentioned a higher bitrate version firmware 20140519-GPS-1CARD-18mbps-test.bin

Could that be adjusted for the 0801 with GPS and with internal memory? Only other change I'd like, if possible, is to have the Ford logo on boot up: http://s20.postimg.org/r8s1tb9m5/Ford_0801.jpg

Thanks again.

Hi Tobi@s,

Thank you for the firmware update, it worked but I had to rename the file to 'firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin' for it to update, it also made a scary sound when it finished! Had no problems changing language to English.

Thank you so much again, you are getting a lot of requests for custom firmwares, maybe it's time for you to make a tutorial for your firmware program!

No more annoying sound or default car picture this dash camera is now perfect!!

Hi Tobi@s. This was from another thread & probably fell to the side with your workload. You mentioned a higher bitrate version firmware 20140519-GPS-1CARD-18mbps-test.bin

Could that be adjusted for the 0801 with GPS and with internal memory? Only other change I'd like, if possible, is to have the Ford logo on boot up: http://s20.postimg.org/r8s1tb9m5/Ford_0801.jpg

Thanks again.
Sorry! Will do one in the evening :)

Thank you so much again, you are getting a lot of requests for custom firmwares, maybe it's time for you to make a tutorial for your firmware program!

I'm waiting for someone who'd be interested in writing a tutorial for me :p

Tobi@s, I would do a video tutorial on the program if I knew how to actually use it.

Perhaps you could write me some basic instructions?

Would be great if you could do that! I'll give you some instructions for it if you really want to do this.

Thanks again.
Here you go (tested & working):
dc.p-mc.eu/dl/a2-20140308-GPS-2CARDS-18mbits-ford.bin

Would be great if you could do that! I'll give you some instructions for it if you really want to do this.

Hey Tobi@s, yes I am serious about it.

----
I have tried out the new firmware today driving, every clip except for the one I did before I start the car and went driving is corrupt. Menu on the camera says 'invalid' and when plugged into computer VLC does not play the .mov files. Register Viewer says they are corrupt and tries to repair them but fails, it shows full GPS data but the videos do not work.

I will do a slow reformat for the SD card in Windows and then try again, have you had this problem before?

Last edited:
Thats strange. The firmware you got only has a modified filesystem. Maybe you need another version. If formatting doesnt help I could make a modified 201404.

Hi @Tobi@s,

I tried again and same problem, when I start and stop recording manually with middle button the file is fine. Both in GPS holder and on battery power.

But automatic (turn car on and drive and then stop recording when car turns off) files are corrupt, I am using automatic 5 minute loop. They are all corrupt! :(

Can you please make me new firmware? Still with no sound and boot logo?

Last edited:
(well that was fast) Interesting update. My observations: First attempt asked if I wanted to update the firmware. I selected 'yes', but it only flickered and went back to its usual powered-on mode. Shut it off & retried, and that time saw the "Processing..." screen for a minute or so. The screen went blank, and another 30 seconds later I hear maybe two seconds of static coming from the speaker before it shuts off.

I took the card out & removed the bin file, put it back in & powered up, saw the Ford logo. Checked & saw fw version 20140308 (it was at 0116 or something), so it seems to have taken. Some settings reset (1 min video loop when I had set 3min, video+audio when I use just video), but others seemed unchanged (English language, full HD). All seems well.

Will let you know when it fills up if there are any issues (takes me a few days).

Agh!

I figured out how to use A7 tool and made my own firmware (I used 20140308) tried to flash it and now when ever I do it flashes for 1 second and then goes back into the normal dash cam. I have tried this with all types of official firmwares as well.

Why can't I flash anything?

EDIT: I forgot to format SD card first.

- I will now test my new custom firmware (I removed logo and start and shut down sounds myself!) I think I might have had problems before when you gave me the German one because it was a 720p60fps firmware and I was using it in 1080p? Will let you know if my new version still gives me corrupt files.

Last edited:
Back