Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
dear mates,
here is the first released mini 0806 manual, great thanks for Nigel's help!

http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/mini0806 manual V2.pdf
We just noticed all the PLAYBACK setting is not listed on the manual when we have the printing on hand. We will update ASAP for the second printing process.
for now, keep that as a virgin land for you to discover........

Enjoy
Rayman @MEGtech

20141220183714.jpg

dear mates,
here is the first released mini 0806 manual, great thanks for Nigel's help!

http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/mini0806 manual V2.pdf
We just noticed all the PLAYBACK setting is not listed on the manual when we have the printing on hand. We will update ASAP for the second printing process.
for now, keep that as a virgin land for you to discover........

Enjoy
Rayman @MEGtech

Nice first cut of the manual, however there are several places where the English could be improved upon. But, the intention does still get across regardless.

Once again, great job.

Greg

Edit: I would be happy to edit this manual and correct if you like. Just PM me. - Greg

Last edited:
And to add to my previous post.

What is the "official" name for this camera?

mini0806
mini 0806
MINI0806
Mini 0806

or, something else. Because we need to be consistent as least with the website, manual and documentation.

Sorry, but my pet hate is when something is inconsistent !!

Greg

Last edited:
The actual model number is 0806, the mini is just something that was added to the first model, the 0801, and it just stuck

The actual model number is 0806, the mini is just something that was added to the first model, the 0801, and it just stuck
I'm sorry but I believe you are missing the point. When referring to this camera in documentation, manuals and their website, how is this done?

mini0806 or
mini 0806 or
MINI0806 or
Mini 0806 or .....

I think you missed mine, the model number from the supplier is 0806, the mini designation is something inherited from the Internet and it just sort of stuck

I know what you're saying and likewise I like to see consistency too but asking what the official name is in this case is not a straightforward answer as mini is not actually part of the name

I think you missed mine, the model number from the supplier is 0806, the mini designation is something inherited from the Internet and it just sort of stuck

I know what you're saying and likewise I like to see consistency too but asking what the official name is in this case is not a straightforward answer as mini is not actually part of the name
OK, understood. However the camera needs to be called something and it needs to be consistent, and that means having or not having the name mini. It also includes whether the case is upper, lower or proper and with and without spaces. A manual for example should not refer to a product as Xyz model and also XYZModel, xyzmodel etc. That's all I'm asking.

Greg

The forum section and Rayman's profile description below his avatar both say "Mini" 0801 so I guess that's it.

Last choice is the space or not. I'm going to guess the space is missing in Rayman's profile only because it would throw off the layout with the limited character count provided in that area. I think it makes more sense to keep the space like it shows in the section here as well.

qZCyaCl.png

OK, understood. However the camera needs to be called something and it needs to be consistent, and that means having or not having the name mini. It also includes whether the case is upper, lower or proper and with and without spaces. A manual for example should not refer to a product as Xyz model and also XYZModel, xyzmodel etc. That's all I'm asking.

Greg

Attention to detail isn't a strong point unfortunately

I'm sorry but I believe you are missing the point. When referring to this camera in documentation, manuals and their website, how is this done?
It appears that the "mini" is always in lower case as if it is used as a description of its size rather than as a name, except where it is used in a title where the whole title is all in upper case.

Seems reasonable to me...

Nice first cut of the manual, however there are several places where the English could be improved upon. But, the intention does still get across regardless.
Did you want it in Australian English, UK English, USA English, Chinese English, or some other variation?

It seems pointless trying to get it into anything other than Chinese English because then, as soon as a change is made, the change will stand out as being incorrect.

What matters is that it makes sense, it's not like you are not going to read it many times.

Did you want it in Australian English, UK English, USA English, Chinese English, or some other variation?

It seems pointless trying to get it into anything other than Chinese English because then, as soon as a change is made, the change will stand out as being incorrect.

What matters is that it makes sense, it's not like you are not going to read it many times.
OK, I have officially been put in my place! Sorry I tried to help.

OK, I have officially been put in my place! Sorry I tried to help.
If you find anything that doesn't make sense or which would benefit from further explanation then I'm sure some input would be appreciated...

But if you find the word "color" when it should be "colour" then it is maybe not worth bothering since most Chinese spell it without the 'u', I'm not sure which way the Australians spell it? Then if you try and get the Chinese to use the word "the" in all the right places, you will only get frustrated!

Wait, what? Put it in correct English not a variation you call Chinese English. If a change is made then some kind soul can correct it as the did translate it in the first place. Having it in correct English adds to the product, the sense that the item is quality and the manual is accurate.

Sorry My mistake. That is a typo, "mini" was typed to be "mimi".
the link have been updated.
Thanks Motorfilm!

There is no such thing as 'American English' or any other derivation. There is 'English' and then there are mistakes.

Back