mini0906 public pre-production beta release

I am not sure, depend what value they put on it, but it is a expensive form of shipping and since i have to pay taxes on the price MEG paid for shipping then it will be more expensive than the usual slow boat out of China.

But if the parcel are just valued at the minimum 20 dollars or so i assume i will get off cheap by paying 3-400 DKkr, where 160 DKkr of those will be the handling fee that the Danish government allowed companies like DHL and so on to collect for their effort here in the country.

And BTW i have never gotten a parcel with any of the shipping companies that have actually been opened and inspected, but this happen with most parcels arriving where Danish postal do the last leg of the trip to my door.

I don't think the shipping companies really bother about what get in to the country, they just want to maximize their profit, and opening parcels and inspecting them will cut into that, though it is the reason they are allowed to collect the 160 DKkr as the actual shipping are already paid for by the sender.

Denmark is a strange country. :rolleyes:

Exactly what happened to me :D
Shipping from China->Germany is calculated with 86,66€ which results in an import vat of 22,17€ (already including 30€ dashcam value) + 14,49€ DHL-already-paid-vat-for-you fee = 36,66 for me

I have no idea how the remote button works and/or what it does. Pressing it didn't result in protecting the file or taking a screenshot (again, thats what I expect it to do). It seems like it does nothing

I think there is a bug, when you try to take a photo, when screen saver is on.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0906-public-test-bug-list-in-live.28737/page-6#post-333145
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0906-public-test-bug-list-in-live.28737/page-6#post-333145
PS. Nice to see you here. Are you going to study some code;)

PS. Nice to see you here. Are you going to study some code;)
It will be interesting to see what can be done, but it is already consuming a fair amount of power, I'm not sure much more heat is sensible.

The front camera already has a decent bitrate for 1080 resolution, but the rear camera bitrate is rather low.

Can the rear camera bitrate be increased, or is it built into the rear camera, or limited by the long cable?

Can you reduce the bitrate, or frame-rate, if it gets hot? To try to avoid getting hot enough to power off.

I have made a compare video side by side mini 906 and Viofo a119S.
I soo green of using Powerdirector 15, so it took me 3 hour ,just get 2 video in one screen and unlock the aspect ratio, so there will fit the screen without black stripe.
All gold nugget about how to improve my skill are welcome. I can only get better, from here.

Can any give me the reason, why the 2 video get out of sync?

Top is Viofo A119S without CPL 60 Fps.
Bottom Mini 906 60 Fps.
Edit: I just received a copy claim for the music on the radio, so no soundtrack.

Last edited:
Exactly what happened to me :D
Shipping from China->Germany is calculated with 86,66€ which results in an import vat of 22,17€ (already including 30€ dashcam value) + 14,49€ DHL-already-paid-vat-for-you fee = 36,66 for me

Here in the US I had a better experience with customs. There was no import duty to be paid on the 0906 camera parcel based in large part in the way it was declared. Of course, we don't have to worry about VAT. (yet! :greedy:)

Hello All

Just received my 0906 yesterday. As I am quite a newbie on dash cams, I can only compare it with my (german spec iTracker) 0806.

Using latest firmware 20170504.

What I like:
  • Form factor (same as 0806)
  • 2ch version (reason to apply for the pre-prod unit)
  • Simple to use & configure
  • Mounted non-flipped, sd-card and mini hdmi facing downwards
  • Front/rear video file naming seems to be ok for me
  • Rear cam mounted flipped, video orientation correct (no unintended image flip so far as reported by others)
What I noted yet:
  • I mounted the 0806 flipped. Can't do that with the 0906, because I don't want the rear cam cable protrude downwards
  • Trying to configure or even view flipped mode configuration in the menu, screen strangely flickers but result is ok
  • Now that the mount is adhered to the windscreen, I can't test outside of the car. It is physically impossible to plug rear cam and power to the main cam at the same time, when rear cam is plugged I have to use power passed through mount
  • I would like to be able to configure exposure compensation front/rear separately, as I have privacy glass in the back
  • Rear cam image a bit cloudy (just temporary mounted it), but maybe it is/was moist in the underground garage and humidity condensated a little on the rear windscreen. Have to check that when it's not raining anymore...
  • Maybe only a Registrator Viewer (took it from the 0806 cam) issue: Viewing a video from this morning (only using front cam), I noticed a time jump in the timeline by 40s in advance, but the timestamp in the video is normal. I'm not sure if the time jump was on a file change. Videos viewed in Media Player looked normal.
  • When I tested the cam yesterday outside the car, I saw the shutdown logo (manual shutdown). In the car, automatic shutdown, I don't see the shutdown logo. Having the cam on for only 10-20s, it produced broken files. When I run the cam like >40s, files were always readable.
  • GPS is not working. 0, nada, niente. But it wasn't working with the 0806 as well. I have a front windscreen with heating and some special coating (because of the HUD), I suppose it's because of that. On the other hand, my iPhone that I usually store in the middle armrest console has GPS connection, and also my girlfriend's Garmin SatNav I took into the car for comparison.
  • Small detail: Adhesive of the small cable management clips should also be black not white
  • Maybe: Instead of an adapter with fixed cabling, supply a 2x USB power adapter and separate micro USB cable. Separate components are easier to install and/or replace.
That's it for the moment. I miss being able to test 2ch config + GPS outside the car, first thing not possible because mini-/micro-usb plugs interfere direct on cam and second thing because I don't have two mounts, one fixed in the car and one mobile to carry around outside.

Question to @Rayman.Chan:
  • Will the rear cam cable type change for the new rear cam or can I invest the time to do a clean cable routing?
  • Will there be an optimized Viewer version?

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
GPS is not working. 0, nada, niente. But it wasn't working with the 0806 as well. I have a front windscreen with heating and some special coating (because of the HUD), I suppose it's because of that. On the other hand, my iPhone that I usually store in the middle armrest console has GPS connection, and also my girlfriend's Garmin SatNav I took into the car for comparison.

Try to run GPS status screen, if you not done it yet and see if there is any signal.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/buzzing-sound.28750/#post-333276

Hi guys, we re-worked the rear cam flip and file naming system, but there is still bug in file naming logic now need further debug.
this version is just for your test if you need the rear cam flip.
http://www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE-20170504.zip
Seems like this didn't work. Switched 'REAR CAM FLIP' to 'on' but it's still upside down

Low-light comparison SG9665GC vs 0906

SGGC (forgot that this one is running modified firmware.....):
vlcsnap-2017-05-07-00h31m19s780.png

0906:
vlcsnap-2017-05-07-00h31m15s678.png

Last edited:
Back