Mobius 2 or A119?

alex2016g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, so I have the old Mobius dashcam, and its now time to upgrade.

My priority is the best video quality in that price range. However I cannot seem to find any comparison between the Mobius 2 and the A119.

I like the form factor of A119 and that it records in 1440p but Mobius 2 has an advantage of H265 encoding while recording in 1080p.

Please help me out to anyone if has compared the two cameras.

Last edited:
The video in the Mobius 2 still needs work, if you're looking at what they deliver right now then the A119 is a clear winner

The video in the Mobius 2 still needs work, if you're looking at what they deliver right now then the A119 is a clear winner

What do you mean?
Do you have any direct comparisons? would be great to see

Yeah A119 right now, and the H.265 seem to be a issue for people with less powerfull computers to process it.

I have the M2 and i also have fait in it will be a cool little camera, but we are no way near done working on the firmware, perhaps at the end of 2017 we will have something that look the part, but still like the M1 will undergo refinements for years to come.

I have been running the M2 in my windscreen, but it will have to make way for new dash cameras there, and so the M2 will end up as what i got it for a small action camera.

IMHO the question is "what's for".
I used mobius as dashcam when I travelled and needed backup actioncam when travelling on rentalcar. And few years ago, dedicated dashcam image quality was not that good (and they were expensive and bulky). Now you can get cheap dedicated small/good quality Dashcam. Unless your needs are as stated above or else go with a dedicated dashcam.

Back