Mobius ActionCam Available

Anyone have any idea if the mobius camera can do a slow frame rate? The video review I saw stated specs of 30 and 60 fps. I am looking for a camera to record criminal activity in my neighborhood. I want to set it up with a moderate sized battery and record for a long duration. The form factor of the mobius looks peeeerfect but I need to fit far more onto the disk than you could at such high frame rates. I'm thinking I want 1 fps or even less.

braveness23 said:
Anyone have any idea if the mobius camera can do a slow frame rate? The video review I saw stated specs of 30 and 60 fps. I am looking for a camera to record criminal activity in my neighborhood. I want to set it up with a moderate sized battery and record for a long duration. The form factor of the mobius looks peeeerfect but I need to fit far more onto the disk than you could at such high frame rates. I'm thinking I want 1 fps or even less.

It can be set up to do time lapse which is what you are looking for at 1fps or less.
Versatile little camera with excellent firmware support!

Taken from rcgroups.com/forums:

•Photo capture mode with frame sizes of 2304x1536, 1920x1080, or 1280x720 (no up conversion).
•Time Lapse photos with delays between images of .25*, .5*, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60 second intervals.
* Note: The settings below 1 sec. require a photo frame size of 1920x1080 or smaller, and they will not have a date stamp even if it is turned on.

QUESTION
DOES THIS CAMERA BEGINS TO RECORD WHEN I STARTED MY CAR?
LIKE A DASH CAR CAMERA?
THANKS
SUSO

susobarral said:
QUESTION
LIKE A DASH CAR CAMERA?
THANKS
SUSO[/quote

Yes it does, but you need to setup this function from the menu.

susobarral said:
QUESTION
LIKE A DASH CAR CAMERA?
THANKS
SUSO

Yes it does, but you need to setup this function from the menu settings.

Does this camera iphone support (app)?
Suso

susobarral said:
Does this camera iphone support (app)?
Suso

So far there is an App for Android only.

Last edited by a moderator:
sludgeguts said:
And if you want to ask a question, make sure it leans towards remote control stuff else they get a bit narky.
Doesn't matter that the question might relate to the cam.

Yeah, that's why I never signed up for membership, but it's a good source of 808 and Mobius information.

Does anyone know what the small allen key is for?

xreyuk said:

It's for adjusting the focus on the lens. If you open it up there's a thing you can loosen with it then you can fiddle with lens.

irononreverse said:
xreyuk said:

It's for adjusting the focus on the lens. If you open it up there's a thing you can loosen with it then you can fiddle with lens.

Cheers, thanks for your help.

Hey everyone,
JooVuu.com has the Mobius back in stock (about 15 or so) and all the accessories. It's £59.50 but that includes shipping to where ever, not just Europe. The items usually ship out the same day (as long as they are ordered before 4pm GMT) and are usually with the customer 3-6 business days later. We are also going to be stocking the extension cables (50m and 200mm) very soon. They are 26 pin. These hopefully will be released later this week (I'm aiming for around Thursday) and you can pre-order them now.

We are also selling the SJ1000 that comes with all the accessories including waterproof case and a load of mounts.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask at info@joovuu.com

Kind regards,

Dan

I received it last week and I'm very happy with it.
The video quality and also audio quality is amazing for such a small camera.
The size is perfekt and in the car it almost looks like a garage door opener.

I tested it several times at day and night and also in the car and on the bicycle the only thing I'm a bit scared of is the heat. After maybe 5 minutes the camera is getting hot like a hotplate. I don't think the camera can take this extreme temperatures when there will also the sun on the camera and 30° ore more degrees in the car :geek:

What do you think about the overheating?

germany said:
I received it last week and I'm very happy with it.
The video quality and also audio quality is amazing for such a small camera.
The size is perfekt and in the car it almost looks like a garage door opener.

I tested it several times at day and night and also in the car and on the bicycle the only thing I'm a bit scared of is the heat. After maybe 5 minutes the camera is getting hot like a hotplate. I don't think the camera can take this extreme temperatures when there will also the sun on the camera and 30° ore more degrees in the car :geek:

What do you think about the overheating?

Nobody else has reported this - maybe because they set it and left it & haven't gone back to it.

if it is overheating, is it worth buying some sort of additional heatsink & attaching to the 'hotplate' ?

The heatsink is supposed to be hot -- that is its purpose. Maybe a CPU fan can help cool it especially on hot days, but it defeats the purpose of creating a tiny camera such as the Mobius.

Try to drill few holes on each side to create air free flow.
Best is to drill smaller holes on one side and slightly bigger holes on the other side, - this will create a mini-suction effect and for sure will help to cool down a CPU.

but is the CPU which is heated or lipo battery?

My dog ​​wants to eat the Mobius!

Suso

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be being a bit stupid here. I've set mine up to auto record when the power is switched on, but I can't find a way to get it to stop when the engine is switched off (the cigarette socket is not powered unless the car is on). I assume it will just keep recording until the internal battery goes flat? Then it'll start up again when the car starts?

I've also noticed that it seems to feed power back into the car - if I plug it into the cigarette socket with the car off, my handsfree temporarily comes on - I assume it was hard wired into the cigarette socket by the installer! Is this usual, I've not seen it happen before? It leaves me a little concerned about leaving the Mobius plugged in once I've left the car, which means I can't really set it and forget it as planned.

Back