Mobius ActionCam Available

spytec

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey,

FYI, we have the Mobius Action Camera available starting this week. http://www.spytecinc.com/mobius-1080p-h ... amera.html . It is the final hardware version of the device but the newest firmware will be released within the next couple of days.

We will be testing out the unit as a Dash Cam and should have some test videos up tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent news.
And even better news that I can link the mobius to my phone or tablet using the Android Mobile Configuration Assistant for Mobius ActionCam

Not the bluetooth I was hoping for but this setup is a huge step in the right direction AFAIC. And since I still have my old 808 #16 (somewhere!) I reckon I could use that as the rear cam & a mobius as my front cam.
Already got the layout/setup buzzing round my head.
Just got to have a look in the old piggybank.

Edit. Just realised, the #16 doesn't have auto start/stop - so no good as a rear cam! Guess I'll have to buy a couple of these mobius' then!

I viewed that AND the handheld footage on full screen, 1080p - very impressive (although I noticed the date stamp said january 17th).
Going to have to chat with the bank manager, see if she'll let me loose with the plastic :lol:

spytec said:
Hey,

FYI, we have the Mobius Action Camera available starting this week. http://www.spytecinc.com/mobius-1080p-h ... amera.html . It is the final hardware version of the device but the newest firmware will be released within the next couple of days.

We will be testing out the unit as a Dash Cam and should have some test videos up tomorrow...
I don't suppose there's any chance of getting one over to Techmoan for him to review on his youtube channel?
A lot of dashcams are sold on the strength of his reviews - the DR32, F70 dual cam, and a few of the 808s to name but a few.

Yes he is already testing it out. We are talking to other sites / publications about reviewing the device so that it hopefully can gain the wider exposure it deserves.

spytec said:
Yes he is already testing it out. We are talking to other sites / publications about reviewing the device so that it hopefully can gain the wider exposure it deserves.

Hope you've got plenty in stock prepare for the flood gates to open!

You guys must've known what I was going to say...
Re: How should the perfect dash cam designed?

by sludgeguts » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:01 pm

I wonder if we're going about this from the wrong angle.
Instead of designing a new system, why not tweak what is already out there?
How about having a couple of really good mini cameras - the Mobius, for example. (is being hailed by some as being better than the 808.)
Provide each cam with a long power cord and give it bluetooth capability...provide an app for android and iphone.
The app could, for example, be used to view the pic from front or rear at any time (inc live feed for reversing cam?) as well as programming each/both cams - you want both to say the same time, have the same settings? done, from the app.
Same with transferring footage, no need to remove the SD card, simply open the app, view the file & save to phone (or even email it to yourself/police etc).
Rather than adding gps, gsensors etc to existing cams, why not utilise the phone's built in tech - whilst the app is open you could have the option of saving gps data in a small file set aside for this - in the event that you may need this data, the file could be locked.
:D :D :D

I'm not exactly 'up' on tech so be kind.
Is it possible to plug some sort of bluetooth dongle into the camera so it can have power from the car AND transmit video via bluetooth to the smartphone app?
(I'm thinking this would be a great asset to use as a reversing cam)
If so, what would I need?

OR, is it possible to incorporate some sort of bluetooth/wireless into the product ? (maybe bluetooth/gps receiver?)

The Mobius is also available for free shipping at www.JooVuu.com.

JooVuu said:
The Mobius is also available for free shipping at http://www.JooVuu.com.

I've got you saved to my favourites. Just waiting to see what Techmoan has to say.
(although he does love the 808s anyway)

Hi all regarding the Mobius camera Techmoan,s review is up and running Its about 23 minutes in length have just finished watching it.....looks like a nice little camera hope the head up is of use to the rest of the members and guests alike....Ipol

Thanks Ipol, been waiting for that review but ordered the Mobius last week anyways!
Always good support from the developer of the 808#16 and now Mobius. Looks like they have another promising camera.

I realy like the footage what I've seen. I've read that the Mobius is way better than the #26. I'm looking forward to buy one :)

Techmoan's review of the Mobius was very positive, anyone got theirs yet?

Curious to know what the video bitrate is?

andrew73 said:

18Mbps.
If you find spare 3-4hours, you may read all about Mobius from rcgroups forum.

niko said:
andrew73 said:

18Mbps.
If you find spare 3-4hours, you may read all about Mobius from rcgroups forum.
niko,

Can you provide link to rcgroups forum and Mobius discussion?

Will I just be able to buy a normal USB/Cigarette lighter cable to power this safely?

xreyuk said:
Will I just be able to buy a normal USB/Cigarette lighter cable to power this safely?

Did you read the link above? It's just a standard cable, needing a standard 5V source.

Back