Mobius ActionCam Available

JayCam said:
I may be being a bit stupid here. I've set mine up to auto record when the power is switched on, but I can't find a way to get it to stop when the engine is switched off (the cigarette socket is not powered unless the car is on). I assume it will just keep recording until the internal battery goes flat? Then it'll start up again when the car starts?

I've also noticed that it seems to feed power back into the car - if I plug it into the cigarette socket with the car off, my handsfree temporarily comes on - I assume it was hard wired into the cigarette socket by the installer! Is this usual, I've not seen it happen before? It leaves me a little concerned about leaving the Mobius plugged in once I've left the car, which means I can't really set it and forget it as planned.

If you have Auto Power Record on, then it should stop recording after you turn off ignition (within 15 seconds).
If it doesn't, you either have an 'always on' socket or something else is wrong perhaps with the installation.

At the risk of sounding daft - but who, actually, makes the mobius?

I've just received the answer from eletoponline365 about a wide angle lens version of the Mobius, since the 85° is quite narrow for a dashcam.

Looks like I'll have to buy the Mobius (I was able to resist the DR32).

eletoponline365 said:
Thanks for your message. We may have a new lens with larger AOV next month.

ToNIX said:
I've just received the answer from eletoponline365 about a wide angle lens version of the Mobius, since the 85° is quite narrow for a dashcam.

eletoponline365 said:
Thanks for your message. We may have a new lens with larger AOV next month.

Very good. I am also planing to change Mobius lens to wider ones. Present lens aperture is great, = Max aperture F1.6, F-stop f/1.8, but AOV for dash cam users should be wider, especially where I was planning to mount it in rear.
Thanks for sharing information regarding availability of wider lens next month.

I think i'm going to go with the Mobius as my first dashcam ... seen some good footage on youtube and the quality appears to be good enough.

I plan to hardwire it ... can't stand visible wires or plugged in 12v plugs in my car :)
I assume I need to get the extended 3 meter cable, some USB to 12v plug and (fused) 12v outlet to connect to a switched power in the car (or maybe a blackue power magic instead)

I also plan to go for the 8" extension for the lens ... want to try something :)

speedman said:
I think i'm going to go with the Mobius as my first dashcam ... seen some good footage on youtube and the quality appears to be good enough.

I plan to hardwire it ... can't stand visible wires or plugged in 12v plugs in my car :)
I assume I need to get the extended 3 meter cable, some USB to 12v plug and (fused) 12v outlet to connect to a switched power in the car (or maybe a blackue power magic instead)

I also plan to go for the 8" extension for the lens ... want to try something :)

I am just finished testing Mobius side by side with some other dash cams. Day time is good. Night time is so-so. I will upload videos soon.

My cam just arrived, and I'm having issues getting my computer (Windows 7) to see it. I'm using mSetup, but it can't find the camera. I plug in the camera and it turns on with a yellow LED. My computer then says the USB drivers failed to install properly. All this time mSetup never finds it. I don't know what to do.

avneet said:
My cam just arrived, and I'm having issues getting my computer (Windows 7) to see it. I'm using mSetup, but it can't find the camera. I plug in the camera and it turns on with a yellow LED. My computer then says the USB drivers failed to install properly. All this time mSetup never finds it. I don't know what to do.

Is there an Fat32 formatted SD card in the Mobius?

Only other things to try are another USB port, a different cable and another SD card.
Can the Mobius record with the Sandisk card?

Haha thanks. It was as simple as changing the USB wire. I ordered a shielded one of eBay to less affect my radio and phone, but it doesn't work connected to my pc. Hopefully it still works to at least record with.

avneet said:
Haha thanks. It was as simple as changing the USB wire. I ordered a shielded one of eBay to less affect my radio and phone, but it doesn't work connected to my pc. Hopefully it still works to at least record with.

It might be a charge only cable that's why it would not work on a PC (since the data wires are not present).
It will work in the car to record however.

Anyone know where I can find a changelist for the firmwares?

Thanks.

I noticed on the RCGroups Forum that they're talking about a wider lens becoming available to fit.

Does anyone think it's worth fitting this wider lens, or is the lens we have wide enough?

Secondly, there are quite a few videos showing bad colour balance when WDR is enabled in the light. As a dashcam user, we don't have the ability to change the settings most of the time, so is it better to drive with WDR on as default, or WDR off? Or does it depend on time of year, i.e when summer turn it off you're most likely in the light, and winter turn it on, you're most likely in the dark?

xreyuk said:
Thanks.

I noticed on the RCGroups Forum that they're talking about a wider lens becoming available to fit.

Does anyone think it's worth fitting this wider lens, or is the lens we have wide enough?

Secondly, there are quite a few videos showing bad colour balance when WDR is enabled in the light. As a dashcam user, we don't have the ability to change the settings most of the time, so is it better to drive with WDR on as default, or WDR off? Or does it depend on time of year, i.e when summer turn it off you're most likely in the light, and winter turn it on, you're most likely in the dark?

Fish-eye lens is too much. Check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2290

but about 150 degree would be OK.

I have tested side by side vs LS300W and ( both WDR one ) and Mobius showed more warm colours. Will share tests soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The manufacturer is bringing out a wider angle lens, but no where near as wide as fish eye.

You replace the standard lens yourself, with this one and the new CMOS sensor for the new lens. Total cost is $27.

My question is, do we really need a wider angle lens, or is the one in the mobius good enough? (Not would it be better with one, but do we NEED one :))

With regards to WDR, do you think it should be on all the time? Obviously, it's impossible to switch on for night and off for day all the time.

xreyuk said:
The manufacturer is bringing out a wider angle lens, but no where near as wide as fish eye.

You replace the standard lens yourself, with this one and the new CMOS sensor for the new lens. Total cost is $27.

My question is, do we really need a wider angle lens, or is the one in the mobius good enough? (Not would it be better with one, but do we NEED one :))

With regards to WDR, do you think it should be on all the time? Obviously, it's impossible to switch on for night and off for day all the time.

Different people, - different needs @ do we really need a wider angle lens, or
Are you sure 27usd is the price for wider lens + cmos ?
For me this combination looks very cheap.
Good quality fish-eye lens alone cost 70-100usd.

That's what is says in the RCGroups thread Niko (regarding Lens + CMOS price)

Back