Mobius Basic ActionCam turns off without recording

Alan Smithee

Reaction score
Country
United States
The battery is fully charged. I press the power button. The yellow LED flashes on and off for about 20 times at about 1 sec intervals and then flashes rapidly for about the same number of flashes before turning red and the camera shuts off. This happens regardless if I press the record button. I believe I had the camera properly configured as it worked fine this morning until I noticed it was off on the drive home. I thought I may have run out of power. The above happens after I re-charged this evening. This is the first day I've used this camera and I really hope there's a simple thing I'm doing wrong and not that the camera has crapped the bed already. Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how to test the card but it's brand new and as I said, it worked this morning.

PS - It's the card Mobius recommended, a Kingston Class 4. It's 8GB

If loop-recording was not enabled, the 8GB card was full of files after around one hour, so then stopped recording?

Thank you Russ. I did some digging in the manual I found on line and buried in the trouble shooting section I found what sounded like the problem I'm having. I deleted the files on the card and that seemed to do it. I re-checked the settings and sure enough, loop recording wasn't enabled. I was waiting to make sure that did the trick today before reporting back that the problem was solved. Thanks again to you and jokiin for taking the time to offer help.

Just wanted to report officially that it was the loop recording that was the issue. No problem since I corrected the setting. As I was hoping, it was only user error. ;) Thanks again.

Back