Mobius is not recognized

I think the issue is more iPad related than iPhone related. I still own an iPhone 4 but own an iPad 4 so do not have any experience from the phone side.

I'm sure apple will loose the connector one day and/or come up with a docking charge system, my old blackberry used to charge like that, no messing around with wires just drop on the cradle and leave it
Better would be wireless charging

That possible?

Yes. Currently with special batteries that you use and a special mat. But the device has to lay on/near the mat.

Im waiting for something better.

im trying to help my friend with his mobius, used 2 different laptops, differeant cables, did the usb driver cleanup program, still wont be recognized in the software and the device manager just labels it as a mass storage device.

does it matter that we already installed a capacitor in it?

Try plugging in the camera using the included short cable before starting the camera.

tried it as well as another cord i have

and i dont touch the power button at all prior to plugging it it... the camera light turns blue, then green for a moment to charge the capacitor i assume then goes solid yellow/orange

the laptop makes the ding sound that something is being plugged in, but it comes up with the printers and such and i am unable to access the memory card directly through the camera

ok update for me, i got my mobius today... plugged it in, the computer can see and labels it as a mobius, but it doesnt show up in the mobius GUI, and its not listed in my computer, only under "devices" which then you are unable to access any files on it

lights all act the same, blue, green for a moment then solid orange/yellow.... anyone have any ideas? its obvious that its something with the computer's setup that my friend and i have

ok update for me, i got my mobius today... plugged it in, the computer can see and labels it as a mobius, but it doesnt show up in the mobius GUI, and its not listed in my computer, only under "devices" which then you are unable to access any files on it

lights all act the same, blue, green for a moment then solid orange/yellow.... anyone have any ideas? its obvious that its something with the computer's setup that my friend and i have
Which cable are you using? Try using another cable. You could also try removing the card and see if you can use the camera as a web cam

i used the cable that he go with his, the one i got with mine then a seperate 3rd party one. im thinking its gotta be something with the computer interface with the computer, im on windows 8 also

Does it function as a web cam, since you said the computer recognizes it. Try turning off the computer then connect the Mobius, turn it on then turn on the computer.

i tried the connecting thing a few times, even took the battery out of my laptop for good measure. i got my oem software for my built in webcam to be able to use the mobius as a webcam, its pretty dark, but i dont know if its because of the lighting inside my house or what but i can see there is a picture

What firmware are you running?

i believe from what i saw at some point while troubleshooting its the new 2.1

i also reverted my friends to 1.7 just to try it and nothing on either camera

i believe from what i saw at some point while troubleshooting its the new 2.1

i also reverted my friends to 1.7 just to try it and nothing on either camera
Nothing, meaning neither will connect to your computer?

correct, i was thinkinging maybe the the 2.1 was too new and was having issues so i loaded his with 1.7, and neither his cam with 1.7 or mine with 2.1 firmware will connect, meaning it doesnt seem to be a firmware issue

this is absolutely rediculous. i cannot believe 2 different cameras, 2 different cards, 3 different usb cords and i cannot get this thing to be recognized. i plugged it in, the sd card blinked into my computer for a split second when it made the "windows ding" sound when you connect a new device, but i couldnt even read what it said bc it was so fast, so it seems almost like my computer is putting it as a drive then changes it to a "device" and then wont let me do anything else with it.

i just for a second time manually deleted the usb items in the device manger again. i feel like ive litterally done everything i can think of, and it has to be something, it cant be the camera, because i got mine yesturday brand new and it does the same thing

i just tried a program to try and assign the mobius a drive letter thinking that is the issue, but that program doesnt see there is even a card plugged into the mobius.

so im wondering if that is part of the issue or what the issue is. the mobius is plugged in, with a card but the mobius isnt letter the computer see the card?

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my wife's Windows 8 computer and a cell phone. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't load the right drivers or they weren't recognized. Best bet is try another computer, preferably not Windows 8, which is known to have driver issues.

we have an old laptop that has vista on it, but it has so many corruption errors that the mobius software wouldnt load....

so with the information i had above i started researching usb flash drives not being recognized, i came across a windows hotfix about windows disabling usb ports within the OS software when you disconnect something.... seems simple enough with that idea. i could see that happening... the physical port is still live for a new device, but internally at the software level the port is "off" for that specific device....

so anyways, i went through the hotfix which contains a regedit, not scared, done them before....

i put a new entry into the registry to set a value to "0" for the computer to do nothing when a usb item is plugged in or unplugged, so it doesnt do anything at the software level so to speak when turning the ports on and off...

didnt work at first with my friends camera, but before i gave up, i tried my camera, it worked! holy shat it worked... so i updated my firmware on my camera via the GUI, then adjusted my settings then saved it, plugged my friends cam in, nothing....

so i tried proces of elimination, i put my card (after formatting in the GUI) in his camera, now his camera is recognized.... so im assuming the regedit allowed my camera with a good card to work, and before without the regedit his "bad" car so to speak was causing this issue.... i dont know why before my camera wasnt recognized, unless the regedit actually was the issue.

thank you for the assistance!

im waiting on a mini usb extension to do my hardwire install... but until then ill probably mount the camera and take a few test records over the next day or so

and after closer inspection, my friend's sd card is a class 10, i told him 4, thats what i have... so i wonder if thats why his wont work still... so maybe his card is good, but the class 10 wont work

Back