Mobius Maxi Support Thread

it's 2.8K, super fine, 3min loop .
I deleted only the empty file, using the phone's (Android 8.0) file explorer and a micro sd card reader
Those 3min files are rather large at 950MB which might be an issue for loop recording. I've set up a Maxi to run on loop record overnight with those settings to see if it has any problems.

i'm getting 370MB files for 3 min recording, maybe you're using Extreme quality?

i'm getting 370MB files for 3 min recording, maybe you're using Extreme quality?
Your file is 1920x1440, not 2.7k, which explains the smaller file size.

If you can send me your SysCgf2C file by PM I'll run your setup on my Maxi to test it. Instructions to generate the SysCfg2C file are below. It will be saved to the root folder of the microSD card. You can open the file in any text editor such as Notepad, and simply copy&paste the text.

Download the camera's configuration file to the flash card in the camera (HOLD DOWN MODE BUTTON, THEN ALSO HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON [the LEDs will flash for several seconds] UNTIL THE YELLOW LED TURNS ON STEADY).

Last edited:
this is weird, i must have changed it since i uploaded this file. I clearly remember setting it to 2.7K at one point. I think this is another bug - sometimes changing the Maxi config. through the app, doesn't save changes
now i notice that the SysCfg file shows the same resolution config. here it is

EDIT: Ignore that SysCfg file, it is clearly not my settings. I downloaded this file from the Maxi after it stopped responding

this is weird, i must have changed it since i uploaded this file. I clearly remember setting it to 2.7K at one point. I think this is another bug - sometimes changing the Maxi config. through the app, doesn't save changes
now i notice that the SysCfg file shows the same resolution config. here it is

EDIT: Ignore that SysCfg file, it is clearly not my settings. I downloaded this file from the Maxi after it stopped responding
The camera checks the memory card each time before recording, and if the card is found not fast enough, it will try to downgrade the resolution or frame rate to record rather than stopping recording at all. When you said the camera did not record as you set, then it might be the case. Please try to test the memory card if the random writing speed is good and reliable. If possible, please try a new card.

The camera checks the memory card each time before recording, and if the card is found not fast enough, it will try to downgrade the resolution or frame rate to record rather than stopping recording at all. When you said the camera did not record as you set, then it might be the case. Please try to test the memory card if the random writing speed is good and reliable. If possible, please try a new card.

Astonished and very pleased to finally see a direct response from you here on the forum. Thank you!

I am sure I speak for all of us longtime dedicated Mobius enthusiasts in hoping for further input and interaction with you!

Astonished and very pleased to finally see a direct response from you here on the forum. Thank you!

I am sure I speak for all of us longtime dedicated Mobius enthusiasts in hoping for further input and interaction with you!
Thank you, and every dedicated Mobius enthusiast. We always love to see the comments, and even negative ones.
So many active members have been providing valuable helps, comments, suggestions, and everything. It's really a great forum.

Thank you, and every dedicated Mobius enthusiast. We always love to see the comments, and even negative ones.
So many active members have been providing valuable helps, comments, suggestions, and everything. It's really a great forum.
Welcome,
Can you give any time frame for the updates that will solve the problems highlighted?
and
Why did you go to market when the Maxi had so many faults that you must have been aware of?

Welcome,
Can you give any time frame for the updates that will solve the problems highlighted?
and
Why did you go to market when the Maxi had so many faults that you must have been aware of?
Thank you. First thanks for finding the issue camera not extend recording as set with external power cut off. It's a bug we did not find in tests. We have thousands of setting compositions, but I know it should not be an excuse. We actually corrected this bug immediately, but we also wanted to include some other changes, additional settings some users asked for. Sorry it took too much time than expected, especially with wifi Android and iOS apps revisions. We are getting close to release new firmware and apps together, within in a week, I believe.
Second question is really a very hard one for me. I totally understand your disappointment. But I can assure you we never want to release a product or a new version of firmware when there are issues have been found and verfified.
Thanks again.

Thank you. First thanks for finding the issue camera not extend recording as set with external power cut off. It's a bug we did not find in tests. We have thousands of setting compositions, but I know it should not be an excuse. We actually corrected this bug immediately, but we also wanted to include some other changes, additional settings some users asked for. Sorry it took too much time than expected, especially with wifi Android and iOS apps revisions. We are getting close to release new firmware and apps together, within in a week, I believe.
It's not easy to please everyone but rather than waiting and adding more features perhaps it would have been better to consider releasing the fix as a beta version while you continued to work on other changes, it's nice to have lots of features but people still appreciate incremental changes as well, there's a loyal fan base of Mobius users that I'm sure would like to see minor releases just as much as major ones

I'm quite sure my issue is related to the Maxi app - I originally changed to higher video quality using it, and I don't think it actually saved the settings. I've now changed to 2.7K / Super fine / 3 min recordings using Msetup, and I'm getting 990MB per file recording with ofcourse much better image quality.
I've also tested my new Transcend 128GB card and I believe is it quite fast - I'm getting around 40MB/sec writing speed, during several writes of 1GB file (I'm using dd for testing under Linux)
and around 30MB/sec writing 2GB file .
If anyone's interested, I will post one of these 3min recording from a drive I took today

I'm quite sure my issue is related to the Maxi app - I originally changed to higher video quality using it, and I don't think it actually saved the settings. I've now changed to 2.7K / Super fine / 3 min recordings using Msetup, and I'm getting 990MB per file recording with ofcourse much better image quality.
I've also tested my new Transcend 128GB card and I believe is it quite fast - I'm getting around 40MB/sec writing speed, during several writes of 1GB file (I'm using dd for testing under Linux)
and around 30MB/sec writing 2GB file .
If anyone's interested, I will post one of these 3min recording from a drive I took today
The app saves the settings to the camera instantly (unlike mSetup where you can make many changes then apply them). It may be possible that the app does not save the setting if you quickly change tab or toggle another setting within the app - that may be worth looking at in further testing.

The app saves the settings to the camera instantly (unlike mSetup where you can make many changes then apply them). It may be possible that the app does not save the setting if you quickly change tab or toggle another setting within the app - that may be worth looking at in further testing.
I couldn't find any other explanation to the issue i described. The only other thing I can think of, is the camera dumping SysCfg file instead of going into Wifi mode and then reloading it with the wrong settings. I've had this issue many times where holding the Mode button wouldn't enable Wifi no matter how many times I tried

I couldn't find any other explanation to the issue i described. The only other thing I can think of, is the camera dumping SysCfg file instead of going into Wifi mode and then reloading it with the wrong settings. I've had this issue many times where holding the Mode button wouldn't enable Wifi no matter how many times I tried
If the camera writes a syscfg file, and then reloads it, then there will be no setting changes. I've not encountered the issue of not enabling WiFi. You do know it has to be in standby to enable WiFi, rather than whilst it is recording?

Mobius' comment about dropping the resolution if the card speed is too low is still a possibility. In your current setup (2.7k, super fine, 3min) has your card filled up yet, so that it is deleting the oldest recordings whilst writing new ones?

If the camera writes a syscfg file, and then reloads it, then there will be no setting changes. I've not encountered the issue of not enabling WiFi. You do know it has to be in standby to enable WiFi, rather than whilst it is recording?

Mobius' comment about dropping the resolution if the card speed is too low is still a possibility. In your current setup (2.7k, super fine, 3min) has your card filled up yet, so that it is deleting the oldest recordings whilst writing new ones?
I'm aware it has to be in standby to enable Wifi. but still, since many times I held the Mode button to enable Wifi and it just went on to recording (I have auto record on upon power), gave me the idea that it might have that done.

I've only formatted it again this morning, so no, it hasn't filled up yet. but all the recordings I have on it currently are 2.7k (and look amazing)

many times I held the Mode button to enable Wifi and it just went on to recording (I have auto record on upon power)
If you have auto record on external power, then I don't think it's possible to enable WiFi during the startup phase. You actually have to stop the recording first, then press and hold Mode. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

If you have auto record on external power, then I don't think it's possible to enable WiFi during the startup phase. You actually have to stop the recording first, then press and hold Mode. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
you're not, but it is totally possible to start Wifi during startup , even with auto record on. I've been doing that since the first day I got the Maxi

you're not, but it is totally possible to start Wifi during startup , even with auto record on. I've been doing that since the first day I got the Maxi
Thanks - I learned something new today :)

I don't think that was intentional in the FW design. I suppose you have to time it just right.

TonyM, any news on the fixed firmware 2.12, the updated Mobius android app?

Back