Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Ok, I've just formatted the card using the app format and plugged it in to record all night (or until the car decides to kill accessories power..)

Do you mean that you used the Maxi WiFi Android app to format the card in the camera?

I hope I don't have the problem like tomerrr has with his Maxi.

you mean, problemS :(
i hope part of my issues are related to the beta firmwares i was testing. i'm now back on 2.11 stable
When I see or read message that kick me into worry mode. I hope I didn't make you mad.

not so sure, he said he formatted in Android first (that would be a problem), then he said formatted in app
that's right, the first time i formatted the card using Android's sd card format . didn't think it's an issue.
now I've formatted it using the Maxi Wifi app format feature

not so sure, he said he formatted in Android first (that would be a problem), then he said formatted in app

I took tomerrr's remark to mean he used his Android Maxi WiFi app to format the card in the camera. Not sure it matters now that it's formatted but I can see why you were concerned about it not getting formatted correctly.

When I see or read message that kick me into worry mode. I hope I didn't make you mad.
sorry, just coming from Mobius1 super durability to this is new to me and to be honest, quite disappointing

Last edited:
I took tomerrr's remark to mean he used his Android Maxi WiFi app to format the card in the camera. Not sure it matters now that it's formatted but I can see why you were concerned about it not getting formatted correctly.

yeah it could be read either way, have posted my concerns in the group PM just now

that's right, the first time i formatted the card using Android's sd card format . didn't think it's an issue.
now I've formatted it using the Maxi Wifi app format feature

yeah that's how I read it, don't format in the phone itself, that will certainly be a problem, guess you know that now but it's worth repeating for the sake of others

so after recording all night and morning, i would say after around 13 hours , i checked on the Maxi and it was still recording - which is great. it was very hot as it's 3:30pm here and 23c outside.
turned it off (it turned off completely normal), and tried to turn it back on again to turn on wifi and check the recordings but..nothing. it wouldn't turn on at all. i guess it got heated up. tried disconnecting from power and connecting but without any luck.
will check later on today how much it actually recorded with a card reader

continue:
i was right about it heating up and turning off, as I could turn it on easily half an hour ago, and also turn on wifi to check recordings - the card was quite full.
then it started "acting up" and created 0 kb file after i exit the wifi app (i connected the card to my phone etc) , it wouldn't turn on anymore with green light coming up for a couple of seconds turning off.
after i deleted the 0kb file, it started working normally (kind of - couldn't get wifi to turn on the first time), got wifi on and formatted the card through the wifi app. good stuff over-whole

Last edited:
continue:
i was right about it heating up and turning off, as I could turn it on easily half an hour ago, and also turn on wifi to check recordings - the card was quite full.
then it started "acting up" and created 0 kb file after i exit the wifi app (i connected the card to my phone etc) , it wouldn't turn on anymore with green light coming up for a couple of seconds turning off.
after i deleted the 0kb file, it started working normally (kind of - couldn't get wifi to turn on the first time), got wifi on and formatted the card through the wifi app. good stuff over-whole
Did you set it to loop record? You may stop recording when the card is full otherwise.

I've been thinking about this for a while. I'm not sure that pressing buttons during the startup sequence is a reliable way to change a camera function, if that is not what the programmer intended. If you have been holding down Mode during startup in an attempt to start WiFi before auto record begins, that could trigger the syscfg read/write process instead with unintended consequences such as the settings changes you have described.

The beta firmware that I have been testing recently has an option to automatically start WiFi when the camera is turned on. Currently this is incompatible with auto record on startup, at least in the FW versions I have seen so far.

Future updates may allow auto record with WiFi on. However, Mobius' FW development time might be better spent on other Maxi functions besides WiFi features.
Wifi functions are super important, also to sales of Mobius Maxi. It is a small camera with wifi. It is amazing.
"The beta firmware that I have been testing recently has an option to automatically start WiFi when the camera is turned on. "
Super great, super important featre. Autostart into wifi-mode.

When do you think the official 2.12 firmware will be released? It is silence so far. You wrote this week?

continue:
When auto record is on, the camera is programed to start video recording immediately after fully booting up. The system even checks within a few seconds to make sure it is recording video. If not, it will try again.
If you press the Mode button too early, it could trigger the syscfg read / write process (as TonyM advised), which ocassionally happened according to your previous posts;
If you press the Mode button a bit later while it's already recording, then you could not turn the wifi on.
I believe you press the Mode button when the system is trying to do memory card checking and it's about to start a recording. That's why you see the 0 KB files, and the system thinks it as a card failure, and it stops trying. That's why you delete the 0 KB files, it starts to record again.
I have to say it's amazing how you can press the button so right on time. It takes very short time for the system to check the memory card.

With auto record set on, please wait until it's fully booting up and starts to record, and then please let it record a few seconds of videos successfully to put ease on its determined mind.

Back