OP
TonyM

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG9665GC, Mobius 1
Due to working from home I've not driven a car for at least 8 weeks. I do however take an occasional bike ride with my kids, so I've been experimenting with cameras on my bike.

My pannier rack provides a stable and versatile platform for installing cameras, and the small storage bag contains a multi-port USB powerbank for powering multiple cameras (I only have one connected at present - the others run off their internal batteries)
1589667199752.png

My current setup has rear- and side-facing Maxi cameras. The cradles are fixed directly to the metal pannier frame with dual-lock tape.
1589667360589.png

1589667489449.png

The front-facing camera is a GitUp F1 in 1080p mode with image stabilisation ON. It is fixed to a light mounted on my handlebars and suffers from more vibration than the Maxi's which are fixed directly to the bike framework. I like having the side-facing camera since it looks sideways at junctions, and can see cars as they pass me. All cameras are recording at 1080p60.

OP
TonyM

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG9665GC, Mobius 1
Here's a couple of short clips from my rear and side-facing Maxi bike cameras, showing the view with passing cars. I'm cycling slowly since I'm following my two young boys on their bikes.