Mobius Maxi Support Thread

you asked about overheating, well, it does overheat but never stops recording. this mainly affects wifi connectivity which is completely unreliable as it is -
sometimes i'm not able to connect to Maxi (using the app etc) even when the AC is blasting and it's quite chilly in the car - I
touch the Maxi and it's not very hot. but still, can't connect and the Maxi freeze to a point I have to disconnect it from power and wait a couple of seconds until the capacitor runs dry and only then turns off.

thank you for your help.

The truth is that I have no knowledge of lenses, I do not know what their advantages or disadvantages are.

Seeing the features of mobius maxi, it seems the clear winner (more resolution,more fps, newer), excuse me but I do not understand why you prefer mobius 1.

There is also the mobius mini, I do not know if it will be recommended for my needs.

You're welcome!

The Mobius mini is really designed for use on drones and isn't really suitable for your purposes. I'd stick with the one of the other two models for now. The Mobius Maxi has a lot going for it but has also proved to be problematic for some people as it can freeze or fail unexpectedly. The one I've had for two years suddenly and unexpectedly died about a week ago, for example.

As for the different lenses, basically, one lens may ne wider angle and another may be more telephoto. Mobius sells the camera with several different lens options. Again, take some time to educate yourself about this and feel free to ask questions. I'm sure many members here will be happy to help you learn what you need to know before making a purchase.

Last edited:
Por suerte, aquí en España los coches tienen matrículas delanteras y traseras.

toyota.jpg

Si un vehículo no almacena la separación de 1,5 metros y lo graba en video, puede denunciarlo a la policía y será sancionado.

Montaré una cámara debajo del respaldo del sillín y otra debajo del manillar.

La diferencia de precio entre maxi y 1 es pequeña por lo que no será un factor decisivo.

Lo que he observado en los videos del foro es que una lente con un campo de visión grande se puede ver mucho más en los lados pero una lente con un campo de visión pequeño la definición de matrículas es mejor cuando el vehículo está lejos.

Tengo dudas de que lente sea mejor en mi caso, espero que la gente del foro con más conocimiento me pueda asesorar.

Gracias

Por suerte, aquí en España los coches tienen matrículas delanteras y traseras.

View attachment 53041

Si un vehículo no almacena la separación de 1,5 metros y lo graba en video, puede denunciarlo a la policía y será sancionado.

Montaré una cámara debajo del respaldo del sillín y otra debajo del manillar.

La diferencia de precio entre maxi y 1 es pequeña por lo que no será un factor decisivo.

Lo que he observado en los videos del foro es que una lente con un campo de visión grande se puede ver mucho más en los lados pero una lente con un campo de visión pequeño la definición de matrículas es mejor cuando el vehículo está lejos.

Tengo dudas de que lente sea mejor en mi caso, espero que la gente del foro con más conocimiento me pueda asesorar.

Gracias

Some of us have experimented with putting telephoto lenses on Mobius cameras with excellent results. As a result of these experiments, a few of us now use two cameras facing forward (or backwards), one with a telephoto lens and one with a "normal" wide angle lens.

See the following threads for some examples, discussions and ideas.

Mobius Telephoto Dashcam

Mobius Varifocal Zoom IR

Mobius 5MP Varifocal Zoom 6-22mm ƒ/1.6

Every time I want to activate WIFI, my Maxi flashes a few times, and freezes..... Anyone know if this is a bug or defect? I have'nt used it for some time, but the battery is full....

And, does anyone know what the MOBIUS MAXI PLUS is???

i don't know why, but sometimes the camera doesn't turn on and stay with the green LED and stuck on it.
only after i connect the mobius maxi to my PC, everything is working and continue to work in my car for a while.
every couple of months i have the same problem.
i have the capacitor version.
there is something to do with this problem?

i don't know why, but sometimes the camera doesn't turn on and stay with the green LED and stuck on it.
only after i connect the mobius maxi to my PC, everything is working and continue to work in my car for a while.
every couple of months i have the same problem.
i have the capacitor version.
there is something to do with this problem?

capacitors run empty when not in use, like batteries, if you don't use the car for a few days, the capacitors might be empty, and loose time/dat, but it should still work.

It has nothing to do with my issue I guess.

i use the mobius every day.
every several weeks/months i have this problem, even if several hours before i used the mobius as usual.
something is not right..

What can I say but something is wrong with both yours and mine. Is your powersource stable?

yes, i have a stable power source.

Every time I want to activate WIFI, my Maxi flashes a few times, and freezes..... Anyone know if this is a bug or defect? I have'nt used it for some time, but the battery is full....

Not heard of that bug or defect before. Does it happen if the camera is plugged into a USB power source? You may have charged the battery recently but it may not be holding charge very well. Not that a low battery should cause it to freeze though :unsure:

Not heard of that bug or defect before. Does it happen if the camera is plugged into a USB power source? You may have charged the battery recently but it may not be holding charge very well. Not that a low battery should cause it to freeze though :unsure:

It's been a while indeed, but it worked before on USB power, I've also tried reflashing the software. Changing the battery for the supercap didn't change it either. Don't get me wrong, everything else works, just WIFI doesn't. This is what happens:

It's been a while indeed, but it worked before on USB power, I've also tried reflashing the software. Changing the battery for the supercap didn't change it either. Don't get me wrong, everything else works, just WIFI doesn't. This is what happens:

:(

All of my Maxi have frozen at various times, but I can't recall them doing so upon starting wifi. I'm not sure what to do if reinstalling the firmware doesn't work.

It was a development version of the Maxi some time ago. MSetup was updated to assist with firmware testing on this model.

It was a development version of the Maxi some time ago. MSetup was updated to assist with firmware testing on this model.
Right, I think I asked before in the past, AND got the same answer.... I need to pay better attention.... sorry .. :banghead:

yea i'm familiar with this issue. the wifi freezes on me all the time, to a point i stopped using it.
for example, i turn the wifi on after a drive while the car is still running (so no ACC volt drop) . sometimes i can connect the app , sometimes it freezes to a point i need to disconnect the maxi from power and wait until the capacitor discharges, so the maxi would turn off. after this "power cycle", it works fine recording wise, but i'm unable to turn the wifi completely .
i think it's a heat issue inside the maxi, affecting the wifi from working properly (or at all...)

yea i'm familiar with this issue. the wifi freezes on me all the time, to a point i stopped using it.
for example, i turn the wifi on after a drive while the car is still running (so no ACC volt drop) . sometimes i can connect the app , sometimes it freezes to a point i need to disconnect the maxi from power and wait until the capacitor discharges, so the maxi would turn off. after this "power cycle", it works fine recording wise, but i'm unable to turn the wifi completely .
i think it's a heat issue inside the maxi, affecting the wifi from working properly (or at all...)

You could use the reset button as well. But running out the capacitor would work too.

Back