Mobius Maxi Support Thread

no issues when it's connected to power at home. obviously it's not the capacitor. @TonyM , do you know what fast rear led blinking on power disconnect means?
EDIT: i also got fast rear led blinking a couple of times while it was recording, after some time it was recording normally

Last edited:
no issues when it's connected to power at home. obviously it's not the capacitor. @TonyM , do you know what fast rear led blinking on power disconnect means?
EDIT: i also got fast rear led blinking a couple of times while it was recording, after some time it was recording normally
I can't remember what the fast LED flash means, so I have asked Mobius to comment.

I can't remember what the fast LED flash means, so I have asked Mobius to comment.
thanks. I found this in the manual
Q. When I turn on the camera or while recording the rear LED continuously blinks very
quickly. The camera will, at some time, turn off.
A. The battery is almost depleted and needs to be recharged.
since i'm using a capacitor, could this be an indication of faulty usb power adapter?

thanks. I found this in the manual

since i'm using a capacitor, could this be an indication of faulty usb power adapter?
It could indicate that your power supply is unable to charge the capacitor enough while the camera is recording, which might explain why it works ok indoors with the phone charger.

You could try a power adapter with a higher current rating.

My Maxi is still freezing at different times, sometimes ater a while of loop recording in the car, also in combination with wifi, and when using it as a webcam, it freezes and can only be reactivated after a reset.

My fw is 2.40.

Is there any news, or can I dump this one too...?!?

My Maxi is still freezing at different times, sometimes ater a while of loop recording in the car, also in combination with wifi, and when using it as a webcam, it freezes and can only be reactivated after a reset.

My fw is 2.40.

Is there any news, or can I dump this one too...?!?
stop using wifi for start, it's very unstable and normally doesn't work over 2 minutes when the Maxi is getting hot. also found that once i disabled motion detect, it seems to work much more stable.

stop using wifi for start, it's very unstable and normally doesn't work over 2 minutes when the Maxi is getting hot. also found that once i disabled motion detect, it seems to work much more stable.
I normally never use wifi, just mentioned it as one of the causes to freeze. I have motion detect always off, as I need the date end time recorded.

So,no other solutions I suppose? No New fw's?

Unfortunately, this is classic for Mobius nowadays. Here we have a widely reported, serious issue that the camera has exhibited since it was introduced but it remains completely unresolved after all this time. And we get nothing but silence from @Mobius.

My Maxi had the same problem @dirkzelf and @tomerrr report but then it bricked itself permanently and is now in my junk drawer.

It's a shame really because the camera had great potential and an excellent lens.

Hey @dirkzelf, good to see you back on the forum, it's been awhile. :happy:
Yeah you're right, but thanks, weird enough it's good to hear when someone missed you..... To get back to the matter, I've gradually become less interested in the subject... I simply use it to record my travels as a trucker and motorcyclist. And of course the happy family moments. As a matter of fact, I'm also some what tired of doing the thing the manufacturer should do. TESTING, TUNING and DEBUGGING the d@mn things.... I had many bad experiences with their hard en software, and basically got fed up with them. I still use the Viofo A119S in the truck, and it never fails. Only thing is that it's video is really a bit washed out since the latest fw update.

And of course I have my Sena C10 EVO now....(y)

BTW: how is the Maxi 4k holding up? Same type of frustrations?

I'm looking for a nicely priced, small 4K camera, with H264 or H265, MOV/MP4, and dashcam functionallity, maybe supercap ready.

Any suggestions guy's? I'm a bit out of shape..... :sneaky:

I think @TonyM could provide the best answer to that question. Last I heard there were still some unresolved issues with the MM4K. (Unfortunately that's typical for Mobius these days. :()

I've too have been thinking about purchasing a Maxi 4K but I've held off until I'm convinced it will be reliable enough. Having my Maxi 2.7K brick itself left me gun shy.

My maxi still chug along, but yeah one can never be too careful these days, i am also holding back on purchase of a small 4K camera.

Runcam 2 / 4K?
Runcam 5 / 4k?
Caddx Orca 4K?

Runcam 2 / 4K?
Runcam 5 / 4k?
Caddx Orca 4K?

For use as a dash cam the Maxi 4K would be my preference.....if it works reliably. The image quality we've seen so far is excellent, plus it does looping and is available with a capacitor.

I think @TonyM could provide the best answer to that question. Last I heard there were still some unresolved issues with the MM4K. (Unfortunately that's typical for Mobius these days. :()

I've too have been thinking about purchasing a Maxi 4K but I've held off until I'm convinced it will be reliable enough. Having my Maxi 2.7K brick itself left me gun shy.
Hi,
I recently bought the mm4k,
for now I am not having problems, I have tried various combinations without ever having errors or blocks. I am using it as a dashcam on the bike, being in the wind I must say that it keeps the temperature low even with 4k and charging cable attached. I attach my video test:

I hope it is reliable, I was undecided with the runcam2 4k but on amz I saw many people with swollen battery, battery that did not make contact or the start recording bug that stops by itself so I took mobius.

I've been testing a Maxi 4K for a few months with a new F1.5 lens, and overall I'm happy with the results both day & night. I'm expecting Mobius to release that version sometime soon.

The battery-based MM4K is proving to be very reliable.

I have experienced some issues with a capacitor version and I'm working with Mobius to resolve this.

I've been testing a Maxi 4K for a few months with a new F1.5 lens, and overall I'm happy with the results both day & night. I'm expecting Mobius to release that version sometime soon.

Cool, would that be the B-lens?

I could of course screw the F1.2 in....

The battery-based MM4K is proving to be very reliable.

As an action cam that would do just fine. For dashcam I'd like a stable supercap config...

I have experienced some issues with a capacitor version and I'm working with Mobius to resolve this.

Let's hope for the best then.

Starting to look good......

I'm guessing the F1.5 lens for the Maxi 2.7 would not work properly since there's 4K sensor?

Back