Mobius Maxi Support Thread

If Tom at RCG can't get the FW upload to work there, I can host a copy of the new FW temporarily until RCG is fixed.

Please PM me if you want a copy.

Last edited:
I know this may sound strange but every time I set the Maxi to 60 hz it always reverts back to 50 hz. All the other settings I changed stays with no problem. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I know this may sound strange but every time I set the Maxi to 60 hz it always reverts back to 50 hz. All the other settings I changed stays with no problem. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Maybe a bug. Are you changing settings with the app or mSetup?

Last edited:
it was in mSetup ,the 60hz setting reverts back to 50hz default every time I go back in to setting after setting it it changes by itself. I am gonna try to play with it again and change other stuff and see if it still reverts back. I assume all my videos were shot in 50hz when it should be 60hz I don't know if it would be better picture using 60hz? if it would only stay set. what is consequence of 50hz vs 60hz what would I be seeing as difference in video quality? Maybe when the iOS app gets approved/released/published by Apple and released in Apple App Store (I thought apple sped this process up to 4 to 5 days for developers recently); I will finally be able to focus the lens in the field and would like it to be 60hz and stay at 60hz if it would only stay set maybe my mSetup program is corrupt or some other unknown issue I don't know.

Last edited:
another weird thing that happens is that when I launch the mSetup program it sometimes opens then crashes closed immediately. Then I have to click to launch the program a few times for the program to stay open. Then sometimes only sometimes it doesn't "see" the Maxi, I have to open and close a few more times for it to finally see the Maxi and connect. Its really annoying lol. I don't know why this occurs intermittently

I always open the program first, connect the camera and then press the button to change modes on the camera and then it works

I just received my maxi and updated to firmware to the lastest 2.11. The time syncs fine but it is inaccurate at the end of day when I download the footage. Is it some sort of BUG? Anybody else with this issue?

Also, the video recordings are completely out of order. The files aren't saving in increments but random. Even if i organize the files by "date created," they are still out of order. Is that what people are seeing?

Last edited:
I just received my maxi and updated to firmware to the lastest 2.11. The time syncs fine but it is inaccurate at the end of day when I download the footage. Is it some sort of BUG? Anybody else with this issue?

Also, the video recordings are completely out of order. The files aren't saving in increments but random. Even if i organize the files by "date created," they are still out of order. Is that what people are seeing?
Sounds like the battery is not holding enough charge to keep the onboard clock running. Did you charge it fully before using it?

Mine loses a few seconds a week but the time stamps are still in order.

I noticed on my 1 month old, fully charged maxi's that when I synced with the pc last week they had both run on approximately an hour fast. Not a major issue but something I need to monitor to maintain a reasonably accurate timestamp

I probably last synced my Maxi (which has a capacitor) about a week ago when I last changed settings. The clock is now showing as being 19 seconds slow.
I have another Maxi (with a battery) and that is also showing as being 19 seconds slow.

hi all,
i consider replacing the old reliable M1 in my car which is installed quite stealthy with the len outside of the camera using a lens extension cable, with a new Maxi and an extension cable.
just wanted to make sure first, that it's possible to easily remove the Maxi's B len easily (as it was with the M1) and connect it externally with a new extension cable

Last edited:
Sounds like the battery is not holding enough charge to keep the onboard clock running. Did you charge it fully before using it?

Mine loses a few seconds a week but the time stamps are still in order.

I just tried to fully charge it and resync the clock. I let it sit for an hour and it's off by an hour. once I disconnect it, it seems like the time is lost.

I just tried to fully charge it and resync the clock. I let it sit for an hour and it's off by an hour. once I disconnect it, it seems like the time is lost.
Can the camera record using battery power only? If not, you may have a loose connection.

Can the camera record using battery power only? If not, you may have a loose connection.

yes it works fine on battery. Just tried it. I connected the camera using the supplied usb cable, opened the video I just recorded and the time is stuck at when I disconnected it from the computer the day before

hi all,
i consider replacing the old reliable M1 in my car which is installed quite stealthy with the len outside of the camera using a lens extension cable, with a new Maxi and an extension cable.
just wanted to make sure first, that it's possible to easily remove the Maxi's B len easily (as it was with the M1) and connect it externally with a new extension cable

I can confirm this is very easy. I have done so with a Maxi Lens B myself without problem.

Can I safely use an Apple iPhone Charging "brick" to plug in the Mobius Maxi USB cable to charge, without doing any damage to the Mobius Maxi or the iPhone Charging brick? Just wanted to play it safe and ask before I possibly damage something. Thanks.

Back