Mobius Maxi vs Blueskysea B1W: low form factor

Adi

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,
currently i have installed in my car Mobius M1 on the front and Mobius M2 on the back.
i want to upgrade to a new camera.

What i need:
  • Low form factor
  • Best day and night resolution
  • Nice to have: WIFI connection
  • Reliability
  • Capacitor and not battery

For now i loooked at Mobius Maxi and Blueskysea B1W.
which is better of the 2?
is there any better option i didn't consider?
if ill go with the Mobius Maxi, will the USB cable hardwired currently to the Mobius M1 will also can power up the Mobius Maxi?

Thanks.

They are aimed at different purposes, the B1W is designed as a security camera, it records a lot of detail but the image quality isn't movie quality, the Maxi has better image quality, not sure it is as likely to make a number plate readable though. If you want movie quality then look at the Gitup F1. If you want a dashcam then maybe a Viofo A129.

Thanks Nigel, i did look at the Viofo 119 but... it has a screen, and i would like to keep the dashcam as stealth as i can get.

Thanks Nigel, i did look at the Viofo 119 but... it has a screen, and i would like to keep the dashcam as stealth as i can get.
If you can hide it behind the mirror / dotted area then it is not very visible, a lot smaller than they look in pictures, but yes the B1W, Mobius and F1 appear a lot smaller.

Reactions: Adi
The screen you can set to turn off seconds after you have started your car,,,,, 10 seconds i think are the fastest on most cameras.
The screen on all the time would be stupid, even illegal in some countries.
you can also put some form of dark but still transparent tape over the LCD screen, you can get something like that to put over too bright LED on TV and so devises.
Or you can just color the protective tape that are on the LCD screen when you buy it, i assume any marker could be used on the protective film.

Reactions: Adi
So you're saying that Viofo A119 is better in terms of day and night video quality than the Mobius or b1w?

So you're saying that Viofo A119 is better in terms of day and night video quality than the Mobius or b1w?
I posted some comparisons between the B1W and A129 here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-under-trees-with-some-big-frame-grabs.34305/

A119S is almost as good image quality as the A129 but is lacking wifi and Bluetooth remote control, and optional rear camera.
A119 (no S) is higher resolution, so better in sunshine, not as good at night, but it will still beat a B1W at night.

No besting the A119/A129 stuff for vid quality day or night, but the form-factor doesn't work for many people :cool: The Maxi has potential greatness but until I see more actual progress I can't recommend it :( The B1W is a basic sort of dashcam, but much better than the rest in it's price range overall. Where it excels is with good low-light performance and a svelte 'factory' looking form factor; only the lens itself shows it to be a cam. Most folks will think it's a sensor the car was made with :) The best in a Mobius form-factor is currently the F1. It has a lot going for it and does nothing poorly.

Phil

I have a Mobius 1, 2 and Maxi, plus a B1W, A129 and used to have an A119, so I probably ought to offer some thoughts.

For all-round dashcam performance I'd choose the A129 from those listed. It's reliable, performs well day and night, and is fairly discreet.

If you really want a smaller package, and since you are already familiar with Mobius cameras, I'd go with the Maxi. It's low light ability and number plate capture are better than the M1 and M2.

The B1W offers good value for money and is a decent camera. I've just installed one as a rear camera where I think it does rather well. As a front camera it can struggle with high speed and high detail situations, so it's fine around town but not so good on tree-lined country lanes.

if ill go with the Mobius Maxi, will the USB cable hardwired currently to the Mobius M1 will also can power up the Mobius Maxi?
I have very little knowledge of hardwiring, but see no reason in principle why the Maxi or indeed any of the other cameras mentioned in this thread could not use a 2-wire hardwire kit. The A129 can also use a 3-wire hardwire kit for ACC detection to trigger parking mode recording.

Back