Mobius mounting solutions

Somehow, I'm not quite sure you could have multiple image sensor types used simultaneously with the same DSP. For one thing, the firmware probably can't be programmed to handle the characteristics of several different types of sensors at once even if the DSP itself could. Someone like @jokiin can probably provide a more learned and definitive answer about this question than me, however.

firmware can be setup for different models of sensors (chipset and sensor dependent) but it would still be limited to a few models at best as most solutions only have a few different options that can be selected anyway

firmware can be setup for different models of sensors (chipset and sensor dependent) but it would still be limited to a few models at best as most solutions only have a few different options that can be selected anyway

Thanks.

While awaiting the arrival of my Mobius from MassiveRC I have been researching the forums for mounting solutions that would match my perceived needs.
And I am indeed open to have those modified by any input from more knowledgeable members.

I am sure that I have been thru in excess of 1200 posts in the General Dash Cam Discussion (where did you mount your camera) &
the full 34 pages (more than once) of the Mobius Mounting Solutions thread.

Aside from the fact that I am mind-boggled, I must express my admiration for the creativity & ingenuity of a lot of the members here.
You have also shed light on any number of the factors that influence the decision on where / how to mount the dash cam.

My reality, & perhaps difficulty, is that I am trying to find a solution that's in the context of "one size fits all".

I want to be able to use the Mobius in my car, easily move it to my SUV (when appropriate) & take it with me when I travel
to use it in a rental vehicle. Except for the rental vehicle, I hope to avoid any re-aiming issues between the car & the SUV.

Of all the options / solutions put forward in the forums, it's starting to seem to me that the 2 best possible solutions for me are either
the helmet mount (modified) or the Scosche Magnetic Magic mount which would not require any modifications other than the outlay of
additional dollars (one time investment).

The Scosche can be seen on page 28 of the Mobius Mounting Solutions in a post by "unni" who in turn gives credit to
fellow member "MrM" who made the original post on page 18....sorry but I don't know where or how to find the post numbers.....

My personal preference at this time favours the Scosche - no modification required.

If I were to use the Scosche, I would hard wire it into the car & the aiming would be done thru the swivel mount.
I would obviously have to find a way to "identify / mark" that location as a reference point in order to re-install it
without further adjustment.

For the SUV, I would buy a second Scosche, one with the suction cup mount & I would wire that one into the SUV with the 15 ft. long cord
& mini USB car charger adapter for the cigarette lighter location in the centre console. I would "conceal" the wiring in the SUV.
I would aim it in the SUV and mark the location.

That should allow for moving from the car to the SUV without having to readjust the aiming......I think....

I would buy a second 15 ft. long cable to use in a portable way. When travelling (limited number of times per year) I would take the suction cup mount
& charger adapter from the SUV & use that in any rental vehicle. Obviously I would have to "guess aim " it in a rental vehicle & upon return I
would have to aim it once again after I put it back in the SUV.

The "wiring" would remain in both the car & SUV at all times.The only thing taken out of the car would be the Mobius.

After "talking to myself" about this for the last 2 days, I thought it wise to seek out some advice / guidance from those with way more experience than myself....

Easy (for me) to see the "positives" in what appears to be a complicated solution - I'm concerned about some of the "negatives" that I may be missing.

Additionally, is there another or better solution that is escaping me ??

TIA for any assistance = Roger

Easy (for me) to see the "positives" in what appears to be a complicated solution - I'm concerned about some of the "negatives" that I may be missing.

Additionally, is there another or better solution that is escaping me ??

TIA for any assistance = Roger

I know that I've done an extensive amount of research but am by no means even close to a subject matter expert.
I can't believe that there are not some negatives to my "one size fits all" mounting solutions - perhaps I've
over complicated it with my rather lengthy post - - apologies for that.

I know that I've done an extensive amount of research but am by no means even close to a subject matter expert.
I can't believe that there are not some negatives to my "one size fits all" mounting solutions - perhaps I've
over complicated it with my rather lengthy post - - apologies for that.

Looking forward to hear from you after you've installed and used it. Mobius is so small, discrete and light it can be mounted easily anywhere and anyhow.:D

Looking forward to hear from you after you've installed and used it. Mobius is so small, discrete and light it can be mounted easily anywhere and anyhow.:D
Apologies for delay in posting. :oops: Have only installed it on a temporary basis at this time.
However, it has been sufficient to allow me to actually "see" the quality of this little camera.
For the most part, it does everything that has been mentioned on this forum & does it extreemly well.
All of you guys that have offered advice are spot on & you have my sincere thanks for all the assistance. :D
I have learnded that the "absolute best way" to experience this camera is "hands on".
I've had the chance to use it multiple times, review the results & make adjustments along the way. I think I'm fairly settled
on the settings that will work best for me & will look to hard-wire install it at the first opportunity - it's gone cold here of late,
so I'll have to look for a break in the weather.
Have a minor issue with the camera which I will post in another perhap more appropriate area......Cheers = Roger

Apologies for delay in posting. :oops: Have only installed it on a temporary basis at this time.
However, it has been sufficient to allow me to actually "see" the quality of this little camera.
For the most part, it does everything that has been mentioned on this forum & does it extreemly well.
All of you guys that have offered advice are spot on & you have my sincere thanks for all the assistance. :D
I have learnded that the "absolute best way" to experience this camera is "hands on".
I've had the chance to use it multiple times, review the results & make adjustments along the way. I think I'm fairly settled
on the settings that will work best for me & will look to hard-wire install it at the first opportunity - it's gone cold here of late,
so I'll have to look for a break in the weather.
Have a minor issue with the camera which I will post in another perhap more appropriate area......Cheers = Roger
Nice to find something that works for you. You will find many new ways to use the Mobius.

Hello again Mobius users. My previous mounting option has decided to repeatedly fail since the double sided tape did not work well in the hot weather. Therefore, I decided to make use of the anchor point in my back seat to mount using a camera rig bought off ebay:

(Again my subie needs a wash)
imag0920.jpg

On the anchor point:
imag0921.jpg

Top view:

imag0922.jpg

I hope this gives other users mounting ideas. Video at 11.

Hello Mobius users. Just sharing my rear mount camera. Can you see it? (I know, my subie needs a wash...)

IMG_2063.jpg

There it is!
IMG_2064.jpg

The mount is invisible from this angle:
IMG_2066.jpg

Close up:
IMG_2067.jpg

Night time shot (wide angle lens):
mobius_night1841.jpg

I hope this was helpful for someone. Cheers!

Would it not fit on top of the break light.

Would it not fit on top of the break light.

I would have to drill into the housing of the break light which I do not want to do since I am planning to sell the car in the future. Is there a way to fit it inside without any modifications?

Not sure if this is an option for you, but I used Neodymium magnets to mount my rear Mobius and they work very well indeed ( they are very strong )

Andy...

I see, do you have a metal bracket in between the holder to attach the magnet in place. I am trying to avoid double sided tape.

No double sided tape needed, I fitted a Scosche fixing plate to the back of the Mobius and then fitted the magnets either side of the headlining, 4 magnets above the headlining and 4 magnets below ( so the headlining was sandwiched between the magnets ) and then I fixed the Scosche plate/Mobius to the magnets ( as in the pictures )

Andy...

Do you happen to have a screen grab or video of the wide lens mounted on the back?

Here's a couple of snip's from my rear C Lens set on narrow view...

C Lens Narrow View.JPG

C Lens Narrow View 2.JPG

Back