Mobius mounting solutions

I made the extension fit into the headliner, easier than trying to find a long cable with an up angle.

Later, too cold outside :P I need move wire little bit, before i can use that adapter.

Ok so here is what it looks like. There was too much reflection to get a clear view of the outside but here it is anyway.
uploadfromtaptalk1390104675508.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390104699871.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390104733334.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390104746105.jpg
3urenevy.jpg

Haha... its easier for a thief to just rip off your entire windshield... how it didn't happen yet i wonder...

You have more things hanging from your windscreen and roof than trees have leaves. I could hide a laptop in amongst all that lot. :p

View attachment 3482

Lol it just a Pass for tolls/BT adapter for hands free/Radar Detector/mobius/ that other big thing there is the rsin sensor for the smart car. and I wish I could find a phone adapter like this but with 3. This would be the holy grail for me.

uploadfromtaptalk1390154056691.jpg

Haha... its easier for a thief to just rip off your entire windshield... how it didn't happen yet i wonder...

I dont leave the Radar detector attched. Only when im using it and you cant see what on my visor unless you duck.

Lol it just a Pass for tolls/BT adapter for hands free/Radar Detector/mobius/ that other big thing there is the rsin sensor for the smart car. and I wish I could find a phone adapter like this but with 3. This would be the holy grail for me.

Three way splitters are readily available. Just do a search for "three outlet RJ11 splitter" and you will find them. Some are two-plus-one and some are true three way splitters, so if you order one make sure you know which one is being offered.

3tap.jpg

or this:

3tap2.jpg

Last edited:
Three way splitters are readily available. Just do a search for "three outlet RJ11 splitter" and you will find them. Some are two-plus-one and some are true three way splitters, so if you order one make sure you know which one is being offered.

View attachment 3485

Where did you find this one. This is what im looking for, But I need one with 4 pins. This one looks like it only has 2 pins. I use the inner pair for 12v and the out pair for v5.

Where did you find this one. This is what im looking for, But I need one with 4 pins. This one looks like it only has 2 pins. I use the inner pair for 12v and the out pair for v5.

Gee, I'm not sure of the seller. I just did an image search on Bing and they were plentiful. I wasn't paying attention to the number of pins but you are right. They usually come with four pins. Try this SEARCH on eBay, you'll find many of them.

Gee, I'm not sure of the seller. I just did an image search on Bing and they were plentiful. I wasn't paying attention to the number of pins but you are right. They usually come with four pins. Try this SEARCH on eBay, you'll find many of them.

Yah I get no results. Was that the same words you used to do the search on bing?

Yes. Those are direct click-able links to searches on Bing and eBay for "three outlet RJ11 splitter" and they work on my end. Either way, you now know three outlet RJ11 splitters exist so you should be able to take the ball and run with it. :)

Edit: How about one of those 5 outlet RJ11 splitters?

Yes. Those are direct click-able links to searches on Bing and eBay for "three outlet RJ11 splitter" and they work on my end. Either way, you now know three outlet RJ11 splitters exist so you should be able to take the ball and run with it. :)

Edit: How about one of those 5 outlet RJ11 splitters?

Oo noni know they had them. It not a problem of finding it it a problem ok finding a Female to 3 female. The male to 3 female are all over thebplace in the dollar store. What I was thinking was to use a coupler and see how that looks.

Yes, I understand. In a worst-case scenario you should be able to fabricate a simple female to female adapter with a small bit of wire and a crimper.

:) The father in law used to have a GPS mounted in a similar fashion and covered it with a cap as well.

I mounted my Mobius on my dash:

The biggest advantage is it's very EASY to hide the camera...

... and this is what the camera sees:

Nice idea. How is the heatsink working out? So far I have noticed temps of 105f.

The heatsink works very well. My tests at home showed a drop in temperature of 11C --> 13C (20F --> 23F) compared to without and with the heatsink. The room temperature was 21C (70F). Summer hasn't come yet, but we did have a few days where the temperature hit 28C (82F) in Southern California. The heat sink was warm, but not too bad. I'll need to wait until summer for the 32C+ (90F+) days to see how well it does with some real heat.

Where did you get the heatsink and what did you use to glue it on. I was thinking of making holes all over the plastic, So air can pass thru it. Make something like a honeycomb on both sides. and see how that holds up first.

Back