Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I see better detail and sharpness in the Innovv but I don't have many videos to come to that conclusion.

The only meaningful comparison is simultaneously shot video from both cameras displayed together in split screen. Even then, there's an element of personal preference & subjectivity.

From a practical perspective, note that Innovv uses proprietary cables so, if you buy one order a spare cable, otherwise you're stuffed if the original fails.

When the battery fails, prepare yourself for an ordeal with the Innovv. Allow a few hours. A 5 minute job with a Mobius.

Yes the C4 is WiFi and yes, as with all new products, it will take a while to perfect. I'm still looking forward to seeing and testing it. BTW There are a ton of shielding options on the huge Mobius RC Groups Support Thread.

I'm with you @mikelpikel, simple is best for me. The Mobius has been a pleasure and just done its job well. I prefer, small discreet cameras, I don't see the logic in have a dash cam that looks like a point and shoot camera in your car. As you can see the market is starting to favor more discreet, window hugging designs and remote lens cameras.

So is there anything else to the C4 other than Wifi? It just seems like a C1 with wifi thats it. It wouldn't serve me any purpose unfortunately since I have a Windows Phone and developers always neglect that OS. The C1 will do me just fine unless of course the C4 has a new lens. I have seen the C4 advertised with HT in front of the name ( Innovv HT-C4 ) what does that mean? Is it a prerelease model or something?

The only meaningful comparison is simultaneously shot video from both cameras displayed together in split screen. Even then, there's an element of personal preference & subjectivity.

From a practical perspective, note that Innovv uses proprietary cables so, if you buy one order a spare cable, otherwise you're stuffed if the original fails.

When the battery fails, prepare yourself for an ordeal with the Innovv. Allow a few hours. A 5 minute job with a Mobius.

The videos I have seen have been split screen, video'd at the same time. There was one in particular where the Innovv really shined (
). Look at the first couple of minutes. Note the richer colours and sharper image. The Mobius also looks like it has a blue tint. It is only one video but it really stood out to me. When he passes a couple of houses along the narrow road, the red bricks really show up nicely with the Innovv.

I don't really mind about the cable to be honest, as I said, I will sacrifice a lot for excellent image quality

Hmm, and sensor it seems. I can't find any reviews on it or videos. Ive been to Gearbests website and it looks like they sell it and have stock. I wish to avoid Gearbest though after a couple of bad experiences with their customer support. Not to mention their USD to AUD conversion isn't accurate, furthermore, when paying with paypal they add even more of an exchange rate. It is highly annoying, especially since the Aussie Dollar isn't going too well. Ill have to see whether Banggood decides to start selling Innovv products, at least what price they state in AUD is the price I pay at Paypal.

Right now I'd recommend C1 or C2 without a problem, C3 still has some issues, C4 is still an unknown but even Rock says it's not ready but his business partner is keen to push it out early which could be a mistake, I can't say I'm keen on the hardware spec on the C4, not sure how long it will take to get sorted, depends on your usage though, for RC use it could be fine

Right now I'd recommend C1 or C2 without a problem, C3 still has some issues, C4 is still an unknown but even Rock says it's not ready but his business partner is keen to push it out early which could be a mistake, I can't say I'm keen on the hardware spec on the C4, not sure how long it will take to get sorted, depends on your usage though, for RC use it could be fine

Yeah, If I get an Innov product it'll be the C1. I don't know what I am waiting for, I can't pinpoint it but I am holding back at the moment. Im torn between Mobius and Innovv and have no idea what Im waiting for, I am not usually this indecisive. I am just worried about getting Jello and too much distortion when taking it up into the air. I don't want to make that mistake.

Jello effect comes from poor mounting

Yeah, I don't have much of a choice with mounting. I basically just rubber band it onto the mount that comes with my quad (its meant for the Gopro). I can't really do much else other than rubber band (velcro/ adhesive wouldn't be very strong but then again nor are rubber bands).

The videos I have seen have been split screen, video'd at the same time ... will sacrifice a lot for excellent image quality

I've seen all the videos, but prefer Mobius. If you drive at night, then Mobius B low-light video clarity, the holy grail of DashCam performance, makes it the preferred choice...

If I had to suggest one right now go with the Mobius. Everything just works well and the support group is huge. You have a bunch of options from easy to swap batteries and capacitors, remote lens options and 3 different FOV choices including the new C lens. I'm excited to see what the C4 can do yet the quality of the prevoius models hasn't been stellar, check the threads.

I've seen all the videos, but prefer Mobius. If you drive at night, then Mobius B low-light video clarity, the holy grail of DashCam performance, makes it the preferred choice...

Yeah, I don't really care about low-light performance, I don't fly my drone at night due to visibility concerns. I would have it mounted in the car at times however. When I do this though, I don't need Leica quality so long as the relevant detail is shown in the even of an incident.

This is another great comparison -
. I particularly prefer the Innovv when it comes to 35secs to 44secs. The whites are much cleaner and the reds are deeper. The mobius portrays the shopping complex to be yellowy which may well be accurate but it doesn't look very nice. If it is accurate though, i admire it but it seems like it would be more white.

Make sure you're looking at the latest firmware. That's Niko's from a long time ago

Actually C4 is ready to be sold. Gearbest tested the C4 WiFi and were happy with results.
The manufacturer will of course improve it in the future:)

Last edited:
This is another great comparison -
. I particularly prefer the Innovv when it comes to 35secs to 44secs. The whites are much cleaner and the reds are deeper. The mobius portrays the shopping complex to be yellowy which may well be accurate but it doesn't look very nice. If it is accurate though, i admire it but it seems like it would be more white.
These comparison videos are of no use anymore, they're well over one year old! There are thousands of Mobius clips on the net for you to watch and you'll soon realize they are of excellent quality and show completely different colors than in Niko's video.
I know you've said you are only interested in an on/off button, but the Mobius provides so many more settings than the Innovv and the firmware is constantly being tweaked. Also, don't confuse video quality with video color. Some people prefer the more unnatural 'Kodachrome' colors. The Mobius allows you to set the RGB colors how you want. As you apparently want to use your camera for RC, you should not forget the latest Auto Exposure Lock and Auto White Balance Lock on the Mobius. This allows perfect exposure/colors of the ground when the video changes between ground and sky. Without the lock the ground is too dark and brown. The Innovv doesn't have this feature.
The latest Mobius models have metal insulation tape inside the case which helps with interference, but the Innovv obviously shields better because of the metal case.

These comparison videos are of no use anymore, they're well over one year old! There are thousands of Mobius clips on the net for you to watch and you'll soon realize they are of excellent quality and show completely different colors than in Niko's video.
I know you've said you are only interested in an on/off button, but the Mobius provides so many more settings than the Innovv and the firmware is constantly being tweaked. Also, don't confuse video quality with video color. Some people prefer the more unnatural 'Kodachrome' colors. The Mobius allows you to set the RGB colors how you want. As you apparently want to use your camera for RC, you should not forget the latest Auto Exposure Lock and Auto White Balance Lock on the Mobius. This allows perfect exposure/colors of the ground when the video changes between ground and sky. Without the lock the ground is too dark and brown. The Innovv doesn't have this feature.
The latest Mobius models have metal insulation tape inside the case which helps with interference, but the Innovv obviously shields better because of the metal case.

Those features do seem enticing. Are there any current videos that compare the two that are noteworthy?

If I can get this pricing issue with Gearbest sorted out finally, Ill probably stick with the Innovv C1. I am open to some convincing if you can find some new videos comparing the two :)

Back