Mobius Super Capacitor.

Just FYI I sent the link to eletoponline365 via eBay message and he confirmed this is the capacitor they sell. Just to make sure :)

Hey guys,

I have had the super cap for about 3 weeks now. Never had any issues. It fires up as soon as I turn my car on and the power outlet received power.

Hey guys,

I have had the super cap for about 3 weeks now. Never had any issues. It fires up as soon as I turn my car on and the power outlet received power.

Welcome to the Mobius SuperCap Club. Membership total = 4 including ByrOn, who awaits delivery.

Hey guys,

Wish my cig light sockets went off after turning engine off :(

Welcome to the Mobius SuperCap Club. Membership total = 4 including ByrOn, who awaits delivery.

I'm still awaiting delivery of my Mobius :D

I was planning to buy a super-cap but I did my usual procrastination thing until ByrOn suggested Banggood and so I will be joining the Club soon too. It was -17 degrees Celsius here last night which is just weird for March 6th so it's hard to think about hot weather battery issues at the moment but I'll be ready!

I was planning to buy a super-cap but I did my usual procrastination thing until ByrOn suggested Banggood and so I will be joining the Club soon too. It was -17 degrees Celsius here last night which is just weird for March 6th so it's hard to think about hot weather battery issues at the moment but I'll be ready!
Use to use my phone as a dash cam. Has a battery blow up in hot weather. I was not having that happen again. Super cap all the way!

Wish my cig light sockets went off after turning engine off :(

Think of it as an advantage in certain conditions. Say you leave your car unattended in a supermarket car park. You can leave it recording under external power, which may capture an incident like...

Think of it as an advantage in certain conditions. Say you leave your car unattended in a supermarket car park. You can leave it recording under external power, which may capture an incident like...

Very true, maybe when I go to the supermarket or to Bluewater (mall for the Americans :D ) this feature is useful, then when at home just unplug.

Although how long can a super cap stay plugged in for without burning out, and maybe a silly question but is there any chance a Mobius being plugged in could drain a car battery?

Very true, maybe when I go to the supermarket or to Bluewater (mall for the Americans :D ) this feature is useful, then when at home just unplug.

Although how long can a super cap stay plugged in for without burning out, and maybe a silly question but is there any chance a Mobius being plugged in could drain a car battery?

The last time my girlfriend persuaded me to take her to Bluewater, we were there for four hours!

With an average consumption of around 500mAh, it would take a long time to drain a car battery to the point that it couldn't start the engine. My Anker E4 portable battery could power Mobius for >20 hours.

The last time my girlfriend persuaded me to take her to Bluewater, we were there for four hours!

With an average consumption of around 500mAh, it would take a long time to drain a car battery to the point that it couldn't start the engine. My Anker E4 portable battery could power Mobius for >20 hours.

Try living 10 mins away from Bluewater, it's a nightmare!!

That's good to know, even if the mrs wanted to spend half a day in there I could leave it running :)

Definitely a reason to have a super cap I recon :) And the capacitor would not burn out no?

I've just ordered one

Also, if you use discount code b185f7 it knocks an additional 5% off any product across the site. Every little helps.

Some actual really good prices on the website for Mobius gear

Nice. I'm going to purchase the Super Capacitor because the price is good. I'm still running firmware v0.59 because I'm not fully confident is v1.xx just yet. Any problems with using the capacitor on v0.59?

Nice. I'm going to purchase the Super Capacitor because the price is good. I'm still running firmware v0.59 because I'm not fully confident is v1.xx just yet. Any problems with using the capacitor on v0.59?
Can't speak on. 0.59 but I've been running the latest since release with no issue. Ps, rfd?

The Firmware has been capacitor-ready since v0.53 - you have to set 'Power Off Disconnect' to 'Immediate'.

The Firmware has been capacitor-ready since v0.53 - you have to set 'Power Off Disconnect' to 'Immediate'.

I guess this makes a lot of sense and I guess I probably would have figured it out sooner or later but I didn't know this or thought about this just yet. Having just ordered a super cap today, thanks Russ!

Don't forget how hot it can get in a closed vehicle. I don't like the chances of an operating Mobius lasting long on a Summer day- capacitor or not.

Don't forget how hot it can get in a closed vehicle. I don't like the chances of an operating Mobius lasting long on a Summer day- capacitor or not.

It was my intention to remove the Mobius from the car when parked on hot summer days. Now I've installed the capacitor, Mobius will stay put and bake! But I won't leave it recording while parked in such conditions (I could do so by plugging Mobius into my external battery).

Last edited:
Back