Mobius Super Capacitor.

I took that sticker off straight away, brings attention to it when mounted in car. Without it it's alot more stealthier :)

Yes, this question has come up before. The general consensus is that you will not void the warranty by breaking the seal. Remember that the Mobius is shipped with a small hex wrench for adjusting the focus of the lens which implies that it's OK to open the case.

See this thread for the discussion about this issue and the question of breaking the seal. :)

In that thread someone said they contacted Eletoponline365 about installing a lens extension cable and they said it is OK to do so. I would imagine if you can install an extension cable, it's probably ok to install a capacitor.

That makes sense. Much appreciated. Thanks.

I scratched it off, never realizing it's purpose. Set it up in my car, went outside, looked in my front window, all I could see was a white sticker, gone.

Last edited:
Eletop sold me a capacitor as well - so I assume this gives me the go ahead to open up the cam?
I also pulled the white sticker off

As an update to my experience since installing a super capacitor last week I can report that the camera performs perfectly 100% of the time both in my vehicle or on a power supply indoors. I'm very glad I did this!
The only problem I've had is that I got confused over which of my two Mobius cameras has the super-cap when they were both sitting on my desk so I had to put a tiny sticker on one of them so I can tell them apart. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As an update to my experience since installing a super capacitor last week I can report that the camera performs perfectly 100% of the time both in my vehicle or on a power supply indoors. I'm very glad I did this!
The only problem I've had is that I got confused over which of my two Mobius cameras has the super-cap when they were both sitting on my desk so I had to put a tiny sticker on one of them so I can tell them apart. :rolleyes:

Ditto

My banggood super cap is also performing well. 100% worth getting if you use for dashcam

@Dashmellow did your super cap come with adhesive pad? Mine didn't, so just reused the one that was inside the Mobius. It was still sticky enough

Ditto

My banggood super cap is also performing well. 100% worth getting if you use for dashcam

@Dashmellow did your super cap come with adhesive pad? Mine didn't, so just reused the one that was inside the Mobius. It was still sticky enough

Glad to hear that you've had good luck with the super-cap too! Mine didn't come with an adhesive pad either so I just used a very small piece of Blu-tak which works great. In fact, I like it better because it is nice and secure but easy to remove. I learned that today when I decided I needed to refocus my lens and had to open up the camera again. I'm glad I re-focused the lens, BTW. Things look sharper and I adjusted the point of optimum focus to a spot a little farther away from the hood of my vehicle than where it was previously.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you've had good luck with the super-cap too! Mine didn't come with an adhesive pad either so I just used a very small piece of Blu-tak which works great. In fact, I like it better because it is nice and secure but easy to remove. I learned that today when I decided I needed to refocus my lens and had to open up the camera again. I'm glad I re-focused the lens, BTW. Things look sharper and I optimized the point of optimum focus to a spot a little farther away from the hood of my vehicle than where it was previously.

Glad to hear about the supercaps. Having a problem with either my Anker Battery or the usb car charger its plugged into so I have put off my supercap installation until I figure that out.

@Dashmellow How easy was the focusing? Can you check focus live through the AV plug? Should I pull out my focus charts?

Shouldn't you be a sleep? I should...

Glad to hear about the supercaps. Having a problem with either my Anker Battery or the usb car charger its plugged into so I have put off my supercap installation until I figure that out.

@Dashmellow How easy was the focusing? Can you check focus live through the AV plug? Should I pull out my focus charts?

Shouldn't you be a sleep? I should...

Yeah, I have an old habit of waking up late at night and wandering into my office which is right next to my bedroom. Next thing I know I'm hip deep into something. You're another night owl, I see! Anyway, to answer your question, yes you can view live through the AV wiring harness. This is the same way the RC guys do live-view. I use a seven inch LCD TV/monitor I've got and I just manually refocused according to what I was seeing on the screen. It's not hard to do.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of mounting another mobius in front. One focused past the hood. The other focused on the windscreen for slow motion bug deaths and poo drops.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of mounting another mobius in front. One focused past the hood. The other focused on the windscreen for slow motion bug deaths and poo drops.

I have an amazing video of a tiny rock hitting my windshield last summer out on the Interstate. It made quite a sound and left a nice ding. It's rare to capture something like that in real time. Wasn't the Mobius though.

I'm awaiting arrival of the super capacitor from Banggood...

When Powering Off - is it possible to use the Mobius with a shutdown delay of 30s or is it essential to use the immediate shutdown on power off?

I'm awaiting arrival of the super capacitor from Banggood...

When Powering Off - is it possible to use the Mobius with a shutdown delay of 30s or is it essential to use the immediate shutdown on power off?
You have to use immediate shutdown with an installed supercap. The supercap doesn't have enough power to keep the camera recording for more than a second or two. If you use a higher setting the capacitor will drain before the firmware has had time to close the last video clip so you will lose the last recording.

You have to use immediate shutdown with an installed supercap. The supercap doesn't have enough power to keep the camera recording for more than a second or two. If you use a higher setting the capacitor will drain before the firmware has had time to close the last video clip so you will lose the last recording.
Thanks Isoprop, immediate shutdown it is then... when the Supercap arrives.

I'm sorry to jump in here, but I don't think this question has been answered before: should USB charging be set to on or off for use with the Supercap? :confused:

Back