Mobius Super Capacitor.

Good spotting of the discrepancy! Electronic components have been faked for a long time and even big-name manufacturers have had problems because of this.

Phil

the date should be on the capacitors YYWW (year, week) or the other way around. In this case, 0714 means year 2007, week 14. In 2007 the DZ series was only 2 .5V and 6F cap was never produced in any year. Elna catalog 2007/2008: https://mega.nz/#!5ooQAJYY!skmXSHTMDCQvuURTdkMPrNkAiiOxDorWBwYiiZupTYY
$_12.JPG

currently you should find only these
2nlu1iv.jpg

so maybe when they write 6F they ment to the 5.6F model ? they round the capacitance up.

many ebay sellers are writing larger capacity batteries instead of the real ones, so maybe its also with capacitors capacitance.
they try to get their items look more inviting.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 20 months & 17 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

Hi. There are almost 6 months since I put the supercapacitor and my rear mounted Mobius B Lens started and recorded every single time I started the car engine. I checked the files recorded from time to time and the last file, just before stopping the car engine, was saved and playable on PC.
Now I can truly say that this is a Cam to set and forget!

Hi. There are almost 6 months since I put the supercapacitor and my rear mounted Mobius B Lens started and recorded every single time I started the car engine. I checked the files recorded from time to time and the last file, just before stopping the car engine, was saved and playable on PC.
Now I can truly say that this is a Cam to set and forget!
That has been my experience as well. I have the A, and C2 lens.

Just parked my car for 10 days while on a trip. When I picked up the car and drove home I pulled the camera which is fitted with a super cap and checked the files. All the files were good and all the most recent ones had the proper file times. Good test of the super cap's ability to maintain the time.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 1 year 9 months & 1 year 6 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

Any tips on how to install the super capacitor ? I was able to remove the original battery after mush effort, but when I attempted to install the capacitor I felt that I could damage the unit with the amount of force I was using to connect the plugs . ( slipping ,losing my grip on the two plugs ect ) Any suggestions would be appreciated

Any tips on how to install the super capacitor ? I was able to remove the original battery after mush effort, but when I attempted to install the capacitor I felt that I could damage the unit with the amount of force I was using to connect the plugs . ( slipping ,losing my grip on the two plugs ect ) Any suggestions would be appreciated

Use a tweezers or small needle nose pliers to pull the battery plug (don't pull on the wires!) and to insert the plug from the capacitor. Align the slots on the plug to match the socket.

Use a tweezers or small needle nose pliers to pull the battery plug (don't pull on the wires!) and to insert the plug from the capacitor. Align the slots on the plug to match the socket.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try (again) to install the capacitor in a few days and post my results.:)

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 1 year 10 months & 1 year 7 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

Hello, new to the forum,

This may be a weird question regarding the supercapacitor (I searched the forum before posting), but does installing it void the warranty on the Mobius itself? (assuming I use a genuine supercapacitor)

I read a review on Amazon that claimed that installing the supercapacitor voided the warranty, but I was hoping to get a better answer here.

Thanks

Perhaps the reference had to do with having to break the warranty seal in order to open the case and change the battery out with the capacitor? Be a good question to ask the supplier though.

^ Yes, that's my concern, breaking the small white circle-shaped seal near the lens.

@pm14, Firstly, the developer of the Mobius is the same party that offers the user installable super-capacitor option in the first place, so they are highly unlikely to void any warranty over breaking the sticker. Secondly, not a single report of damaging a Mobius camera by installing the super-capacitor has even been reported here on DCT or on RCgroups to the very best of my knowledge, so it shouldn't be a concern anyway. If the camera is working properly before installing the cap, you can have confidence that it will work afterwards, assuming you don't do anything ridiculously stupid, but the 30 second or so process of plugging in the super-cap module is a complete no-brainer.

Then again, if you should happen to need any tech support, just don't call Dogbert! :D

dilbert.png

Edit: BTW, don't believe what you read on Amazon.

Last edited:
@pm14, Firstly, the developer of the Mobius is the same party that offers the user installable super-capacitor option in the first place, so they are highly unlikely to void any warranty over breaking the sticker. Secondly, not a single report of damaging a Mobius camera by installing the super-capacitor has even been reported here on DCT or on RCgroups to the very best of my knowledge, so it shouldn't be a concern anyway. If the camera is working properly before installing the cap, you can have confidence that it will work afterwards, assuming you don't do anything ridiculously stupid, but the 30 second or so process of plugging in the super-cap module is a complete no-brainer.

Then again, if you should happen to need any tech support, just don't call Dogbert! :D

View attachment 19831

Edit: BTW, don't believe what you read on Amazon.
:)

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 1 year 11 months & 1 year 8 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

Back