Mobius Super Capacitor.

Necromancer

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Your mobius holds time & date correctly with the supercap in use only few times a week? mine never has even when i used it 5 days a week.

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Your mobius holds time & date correctly with the supercap in use only few times a week? mine never has even when i used it 5 days a week.
The time has drifted by a couple of minutes since last updated in mSetup. The date is correct.

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 6 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

My other Mobius retired from service when it’s capacitor failed after 7 years 5 months. I considered buying a replacement capacitor, but decided against it. This Mobius owes me nothing, & will serve as a source of spare parts (if needed in the future) for the one that continues to work perfectly.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears that production of the Mobius 1 might have come to an end. I'm going to buy a couple of capacitors now while stocks last at my local reseller...

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 7 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

My other Mobius retired from service when it’s capacitor failed after 7 years 5 months. I considered buying a replacement capacitor, but decided against it. This Mobius owes me nothing, & will serve as a source of spare parts (if needed in the future) for the one that continues to work perfectly.